Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Holder on Banning Home Schooling

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 10,362 posts

• Take 3 deep breaths

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

From the article:

Farris outlined three arguments made by the U.S. Department of Justice lawyers which should be of concern to American homeschooling families:
He said the first argument in essence is that a government isn’t violating anyone’s rights if homeschooling is banned altogether.

This is one of the arguments used to deny political asylum to Germans seeking to home school thier children in the USA after being found in violation of German law against homeschooling for some apparently but not all Germans.

Eric Holder really needs to be fired.  That's the legal thing that i can say....for now.

http://caffeinatedth...amental-rights/

#2    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,670 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

You can't ban home schooling, that's jsut stupid.

Ther eis benefits to both sides, but you cna't force people into a school owned by authorities... That's verging on Nazi type regimes.. lol

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#3    keithisco

keithisco

Alien Abducter

• 5,181 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

Home schooling should be allowed (not encouraged, but allowed) as long as the kids involved can meet basic criteria for advancement in the basic 3R's each year, or whatever each Sovereign Nation deems as "required".

The positives of Home Schooling MAY include lack of bullying, academic progression at one's natural pace (if such a thing occurs and that includes advancement beyond a specific grade at an earlier age), good nutrition. an inclusive environment

The negatives MAY include indoctrination into fringe beliefs, lack of social integration into the world they will have to live in., Cultism, an exclusive environment

IMO

#4    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 9,558 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

The home-schooled kids I know are smarter than all the other kids I know.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#5    Mantis914

Mantis914

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

It baffles me how this AG retais his job when so much incompetence is obvious...

#6    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,172 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 14 February 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

The home-schooled kids I know are smarter than all the other kids I know.

Same here. They are leaps and bounds beyond their peers and have more time to pursue hobbies and sports.

#7    Merc14

Merc14

Government Agent

• 3,419 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

View PostMantis914, on 14 February 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

It baffles me how this AG retais his job when so much incompetence is obvious...

That's easy, he covers up and/or intercepts anything bad that could harm Obama.  Holder has got to be the single most corrupt AG ever appointed and congress should make it priority one to impeach him to protect the constitution but they seem to have backed off pursuing him for Fast and Furious and his other trangressions.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#8    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

• Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

View PostMantis914, on 14 February 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

Isn't he just another obama crony? (the lower case o was not a typo but a statement of disrespect and distrust)

#9    I_Am_Avatar_Korra

I_Am_Avatar_Korra

❝ ♔ Beauty

• 8,150 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

I was homeschooled until the seventh grade. I skipped sixth grade. I'm actually glad that my mom did it too. I was not on my reading level and was held back once? I was enrolled into a private school which helped me even more! I can't believe Holder wants to ban homeschooling. That's so wrong. I hope it doesn't go through or he gets fired.

Av: contemporiste @ petitechoses.

#10    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 10,362 posts

• Take 3 deep breaths

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

People need to read the article.  This artilce is not about banning home schooling per se', although it could create legal precedence for such.

#11    Merc14

Merc14

Government Agent

• 3,419 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 14 February 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

The negatives MAY include indoctrination into fringe beliefs, lack of social integration into the world they will have to live in., Cultism, an exclusive environment

A lot of people contend that this is exactly what a lot of school systems are doing.  There are countless stories of teachers verbally attcking students for disgreeing with them about whether Obama should be reelected last November.  There is littlle doubt that liberals run teh education system and push their beliefs onto young kids.

View PostOverSword, on 14 February 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

People need to read the article.  This artilce is not about banning home schooling per se', although it could create legal precedence for such.

Holder said, basically, that banning home schooling would not violate a person's rights!

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#12    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,379 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

i don't know anyone that was home schooled (that i know of), but i know plenty of public school graduates, our school system is a falure.

Edited by aztek, 14 February 2013 - 06:53 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#13    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

Where did this idea suddenly come from?

I am shocked.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#14    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

View PostMichelle, on 14 February 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

Same here. They are leaps and bounds beyond their peers and have more time to pursue hobbies and sports.

Public schools teach at the rate of the slowest child in the class. That, of course, tends to hold others back. No mystery as to why home schooled kids tend to be further ahead of their public school peers.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#15    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,379 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

you can't really brainwash home schooled kids that don't go to public school, all the wonderfull things they are tought in schols, like calling 911 if parents are punishing you. among other things. what will happen to our country if a missbehaving kids looses his right to be imune from punishment, omg.
my friend's kid called cops 3 times on them cuz he was not getting what he wanted, nasty litte f..ck. he was thought that in school,  and the sadest part is, no one tells him it is wrong, even cops, so he keeps doing it, and feels like he won, and has power over parents, and it is true

Edited by aztek, 14 February 2013 - 08:14 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users