Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Question on Area 51 Security

Shaftsbury

If this is in the wrong section please move.

I watched a show on area 51 last night and there is one thing I found totally puzzling above the rest of the info.

In the show they talked about the security force that guards the area, and said that it was not a military group, nor was it civilian.

I find this a particularly odd statement given the secrecy involved with that area. If this is the US governments most secret military installation, why would it NOT be guarded by military personnel?

And who, if not the military would have the training and resources to guard such a large installation?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Commander Travis

• isis-999

• Princessvala

• Stixxman

I have heard that the people who do security there are a mix of Air Force Security Forces and government contractors.

Governmental agencies, such as the FBI, CIA, and the NSA are neither 'military' or 'civilian'.

government contractors

But what contractors exactly?

I just find it odd that there would even be civilians involved since the area is so sensitive, and the use of "deadly force" is authorized.

I'm sure most of the contractors used in area 51 would be scientists wouldn't they? Not the type you would hand a rifle to and send out on patrol.

Ok the NSA looks like a likely candidate, after doing a bit of googling the US really does have a lot of shadowy security organizations doesn't it, a lot more than I had thought anyway. CIA, NSA, CSS, etc. I think that answers my question thumbsup.gif

Edited by Shaftsbury

The companies that build the most secret stuff in the US arsenal are civilian companies with shareholders etc.

Civilian contractors are used for a lot of activities related to classified programs; the airplanes that fly to Area 51 from Vegas are operated by civilian contractors, and there's a lot of civilian personnel employed there. I read that the security personnel are employed by civilian contractors too; possibly they're in this 'gray area' between military and civilian like a lot of goverment agencies.

(This is the company that operates the flights from Vegas.

http://www.urscorp.com/EGG_Division/index.php )

Edited by 747400

You will read about private secuirty forces having emplyees killed in iraq, contracted by the gov't. Same thing may go for area 51 security. They may monitor the outside and the military may monitor the inside. Or they may have security detail for everything there in and out.

Pinkerton has been providing security for the US government for years and years. They are a civilian outfit. They are not constrained by SOP's and oversight commitees. The only thing they have to worry about if they do something wrong is the American justice system, which is a joke as well as highly sympathetic or easily influenced from outside. Also Wachenhut(not sure of spelling?) is the same kind of firm.

yes, Wackenhut, that's the fellas at Area 51, remember now. Saw one of their vans round here the other day ... wonder what they're doing ...

i thought haliburton was just oil,(looks over shoulder as he types "haliburton" waiting for the hammer to fall) and business and not security? huh.gif

You know that whenever someone types 'halliburton' or 'Rumsfeld' it sets an alarm off at NSA HQ?

The Cammo Dudes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Cammo Dudes are members of a private security firm, EG&G Technical Services, Inc., guarding the outer perimeter of Area 51. Most of them wear camouflage outfit (hence the name), and they patrol the border in white Jeep Cherokees or champagne golden Ford F-150s. They can usually be seen sitting on top of a hill near the signs at Groom Lake Road, watching traffic on the road through high-powered binoculars.

After dark they can often be seen patrolling Hwy. 375 between Groom Lake Road and Rachel. We have seen them recently at least twice each night, at all hours of the night. They go in and out of the base on either Groom Lake Road, Mailbox Road or the North Gate (Rachel Back Gate). Sometimes they turn off their headlights and use night vision equipment when driving on the dirt roads.

The Cammos do not have legal authority outside the restricted area, and in fact are under order to avoid all contact with civilians. However, if you cross the border for ANY reason, they will detain you immediately and call the Lincoln County Sheriff to arrest you. Then the mandatory $1000 fine is the least of your problems. Technically they can even shoot trespassers, but this has never been enforced.

Cammos are quite paranoid about being recognized by curious Area 51 tourists [they might be your neighbor... ;-)], and will do all kinds of things to keep you from seeing their face if you manage to get close enough. My favorites are pulling down the sun visor of their Jeep, or casually covering part of their face with their hand. Rumor goes that if a recognizable photo of a Cammo is published, the poor guy will loose his job.

Despite their tough appearance the cammos are only the outer security ring around Area 51. Their authority even inside the restricted area is limited. Inner base security is almost certainly Air Force Military Police, and trespassers unlucky enough to make it past the lines of the cammos are in REAL trouble...

Recently two new types of Cammo vehicles have been introduced: Ford F-150 Pickup Truck and Chevy 2500 4x4 Pickup Truck.

user posted image

Source:

http://www.dreamlandresort.com/area51/cammos.html

Have you guys heard of the airplanes that fly workers in and out of Groom Lake aka Area 51. The say the the Plane are unmarked with a Red Stripe running down the side of the plane. It only flies from Las Veags Airport to Groom lake and back.

Halliburton handles alot of things, oil being one of them, security related work, to put it in a nice PC way, is something else they do, like in Iraq at the moment.

Yes, they're operated by the above firm, EG&G.

You can look up the schedule if you look up flight arrivals or departures for Vegas on flytecomm.com! Look up flights shown as 'reserved' with destination given as Tonopah. But we know better don't we ...

Civilian contractors are used for a lot of activities related to classified programs; the airplanes that fly to Area 51 from Vegas are operated by civilian contractors, and there's a lot of civilian personnel employed there.  I read that the security personnel are employed by civilian contractors too; possibly they're in this 'gray area' between military and civilian like a lot of goverment agencies.

(This is the company that operates the flights from Vegas.

http://www.urscorp.com/EGG_Division/index.php )

689615[/snapback]

Yep, it's Wackenhut securities, they have been around a long time.. and they have private planes and airstrip at McCarran Intl. I lived in Pahrump for quite some time and the people that work in A51 park and ride the no window bus... Wackenhut aka Camo Dudes watch people that have either quit/got fired or retire from A 51 too. You see all kinds of white jeep cherokee's limo tint on the windows sitting in different spots all around Pahrump < that town is a story in itself.... A51 is one of the many things Wackenhut does, I believe it started out several years as a private investigator service and over 40 some years has evolved into what it is today.... Scary people!

Halliburton handles alot of things, oil being one of them, security related work, to put it in a nice PC way, is something else they do, like in Iraq at the moment.

692626[/snapback]

Hey how do you guys know all this, area 51 is a good topic, do either of you know if its true that they will not even let you on public land if it's to close to the base? i have always wondered what they have to hid, is it security for the US or alien.gif technology and how do they keep people from telling what they know, i mean i know fear of the goverment would make most not talk but surely they can not all be afraid? just wondering! ph34r.gifalien.gif

It's actually a couple of differnt groups.

You have a security company (can't remember the name) that patrols the area in white unmarked vans....

...Then you have the airfoce.

The nearest public land to Area 51 is now many miles away; they sealed off a whole mountain range to prevent anyone getting close enough to have a look.

Incidentally, I've seen a few of Wackenhut's white vans around here lately; what are they doing here i wonder? ph34r.gif

I guess we will never know what they are trying to hide, but man wouldn't you love to know; i seen were Bob Larze.(not sure about spelling of last name)came out and said all those things about how he worked on ufo's and stuff, but there is something about him i just do not think he is really telling the truth, if he was that deep into A51 why would he leave and to be sure the goverment would not just let anyone have that kinda info, His story just does not add up to me! well if you have anymore info i would love to hear it,thanks alot guys. ISIS rofl.giflaugh.giftongue.gifgrin2.gifalien.gif

692626[/snapback]

Hey how do you guys know all this, area 51 is a good topic, do either of you know if its true that they will not even let you on public land if it's to close to the base? i have always wondered what they have to hid, is it security for the US or alien.gif technology and how do they keep people from telling what they know, i mean i know fear of the goverment would make most not talk but surely they can not all be afraid? just wondering! ph34r.gifalien.gif

698984[/snapback]

I know these things, because I lived in Pahrump,Nv. which is very close to Area 51 and knew several people that work(ed) there. Military and non, I managed a bar for 3 years and for some alcohol is like a truth serumn as it is liquid courage full of BS for others, you learn to consider the source and well.... I never saw white vans only jeep Cherokee's (same vehicles the task force was using at the time) so who knows, but I moved out of there (finally) 9/00.

Incidentally, I've seen a few of Wackenhut's white vans around here lately; what are they doing here i wonder?  ph34r.gif

699076[/snapback]

Don't freak. Wackenhut provides security guards for a wide range of companies. Just like Wells Fargo, or any of the other rent-a-guard outfits. Nothing sinister, I assure you.

Incidentally, I've seen a few of Wackenhut's white vans around here lately; what are they doing here i wonder?  ph34r.gif

699076[/snapback]

Don't freak. Wackenhut provides security guards for a wide range of companies. Just like Wells Fargo, or any of the other rent-a-guard outfits. Nothing sinister, I assure you.

702531[/snapback]

Hey what do you think there is at A51, i watched the roswell doc- on the history channel again tonight, it will make you think, i mean i know the change is small the goverment would ever tell us if there were alien there!, but i still wonder why would we be alone, if we were created then why not another life form as well, it was just a thought what do you think alien.gif

Edited by isis-999

699076[/snapback]

702531[/snapback]

Hey what do you think there is at A51, i watched the roswell doc- on the history channel again tonight, it will make you think, i mean i know the change is small the goverment would ever tell us if there were alien there!, but i still wonder why would we be alone, if we were created then why not another life form as well, it was just a thought what do you think alien.gif

702690[/snapback]

There is tons of fun there! But if they tell you about it, they will have to "kill" you...

I don't know for a fact about the aliens, but I do know that people that worked there parked their cars in the lot next to where I worked, got on a bus that all the windows are completely blacked out and the passenger area was curtained off from any view. They were then taken onto the test site exactly where no one knew, if they did they wouldn't say, they would then take and elevator down under ground and board a train/ subway type system and they were taken to a kind of a town, with different areas for different things..... apparently the area was first developed for a safe place during the testing, but evolved and some of the inhabitants have lived there all there lives. He wouldn't say anymore.