Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coral Castle

LucidElement

The whole party levitation thing doesn't have anything to do with levitation or anti-gravity, and neither does anything Ed Leedskalnin did

linked-image

It says right below this picture on the Coral Castle site that it's an ac generator, or at least whats left of one

It also says,

He had acquired some skills working in lumber camps and came from a family of stone masons in Latvia. He drew on this knowledge and strength to cut and move these blocks.

I highly doubt he knew any secrets of the universe.

Well Graytone, even though it looks like a block and tackle type of arrangment is standing there for it's portrait photo to be taken, how pray tell, does Ed move the huge blocks into position? Is that tripod on wheels that he can just roll it wherever he wants? Then what about where the location is higher than the tripod? How does he get the blocks up there?

• 9 months later...

According to the history channel, the tackle and pulley seen i those photos could not lift the weight of those blocks by any known means

Look, we still haven't figured it out; clearly he knew something that we don't.

Anyone ever make those experiments y'all were talking'; about?

The case for harmonics sounds convincing enough tyo warrant further investigation

According to the history channel, the tackle and pulley seen i those photos could not lift the weight of those blocks by any known means

Look, we still haven't figured it out; clearly he knew something that we don't.

Anyone ever make those experiments y'all were talking'; about?

The case for harmonics sounds convincing enough tyo warrant further investigation

The History Channel is full of crap though. It will lie for the purpose of entertainment and quite frankly its program content is poor.

The case for harmonic sounds has about as much basis in reality as does the case for 90th monkey men from Venus.

How to move huge stones and build large structures:

:mellow:

Well, it did take him 30 some odd years to build it. That's a ridiculous amount of time. If that's magic or special sonic manipulation.....It sucks.

What makes more sense is hard work and wise use of leverage.

And here's a video of Wally building Stonehenge in his backyard with no machine

This is his site.

http://www.theforgottentechnology.com/

Well, it did take him 30 some odd years to build it. That's a ridiculous amount of time. If that's magic or special sonic manipulation.....It sucks.

This is his site.

Well, it did take him 30 some odd years to build it. That's a ridiculous amount of time. If that's magic or special manipulation.....It sucks. I'd rather use the techniques from the video below.

Here is Wally's Website

Funny, you did not read the former posts, eh? LOL

.....sigh.......

• 1 year later...

<!--quoteo(post=2440356:date=Aug 12 2008, 10:32 AM:name=Light Wizard)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Light Wizard @ Aug 12 2008, 10:32 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2440356"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->7129 6105195 solved?

The Secret of the Universe + New Coral Castle Video

<a href="http://www.code144.com" target="_blank">http://www.code144.com</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I watched this video and besides making my head hurt there is one question that kept nagging me.

If ADM= 144 why isn't the 10 cents included somewhere? I mean the clues are said to be right there,ADM, drop below. But the 10 cents seems to be ignored.

Why not 144.1?

I really need to go see this place in person.

The 0.10 has been factored, just maybe not directly with ADM/144. The line through the "c" in the 10c is also at a 10 degree tilt, which I believe is how much the earth's poles shift through a specific period of time. 10% of 144 is 14, which is 2 less than 16 (remember, you rang the bell twice before getting to this point). If you would have range the bell more or less than twice, EDL wouldn't let you in, because you would not be "balanced" for his formula. (Just a theory)

Edited by acidicchip

<!--quoteo(post=1214268:date=Jun 1 2006, 09:06 PM:name=HunterII)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HunterII @ Jun 1 2006, 09:06 PM) 1214268[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I don't know that he shared the actual secret but he did show them the castle which is obviously the result of his knowledge of the secret.

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I am a civil engineering technician currently doing construction inspection for municipal projects. I was recently observing a device called a wacker or jumping-jack wich is a soil/aggregate compacting device that weighs about 175 lbs. This wacker is similar to a jackhammer except it has a flat foot at the bottom and while in operation the foot vibrates with a considerable magnitude and it appears as though the foot is only in contact with the ground for a very small amount of time though at a high frequency. I'll assume that it only touches the ground for 10% of the time of operation. That leaves 90% of the time either rising or falling. The wacker then is virtually weightless in rising or falling 90% of the time of operation. That is apparent as the construction workers can move the wacker about quite easily while in operation though when not running is quite cumbersome.

Perhaps the sound of two rings means the sound of two frequencies and when applied harmonically to an objects natural frequency causes the object to vibrate and if at such a magnitude would cause the object to be virtually weightless 90% of the time. A simple ramp or wedge could then be used to "lift" a heavy object with only a slight horizontally applied force. Something to think about anyways.

Interesting, I've read a long while back that the Shoalin Monks use a technique similar to this to move boulders wieghing hundreds of tons

• 3 weeks later...

I'm finding the Coral Castle fascinating, I'll admit I'd never heard of it until I found this thread.

I followed the links provided, and found this on a page in one of them:

A few short days ago, a package arrived from the Historical Museum of Southern Florida, containing a load of new (or, perhaps more accurately, very old) articles and material on Coral Castle and Edward Leedskalnin.

Among this heap of hundreds of papers (mostly composed of signed Affidavits from people who knew Ed) were such tantalizing jewels as these:

• A whole bunch of articles I’d never seen before.
  • The original advertisement Ed published in the Miami Daily Herald in 1932.
  • An advert from the post-Ed castle owners for the sale of Coral Castle itself. (Only $500,000!!!)
  • Confirmation that Ed himself claimed to be a Mason, and probably a Shriner as well.
  • The complete book (with the minor exception of the last page or two) on Coral Castle written by Carrol Lake in the years immediately following Ed’s death.

http://www.code144.com/news/the-return-of-code-144/

Article dated 25 March 2010

So I followed the links to the book. Now I have no idea how accurate this book is, but it had some very interesting parts in it regarding his work. The publisher's note states "Col. Carrol A. Lake, engineer and author, spent two years interviewing the people of the Redlands area of South Florida to obtain the material used in this book. It is essentially factual and is all that is known of Edward Leedskalnin.", so I guess it's probably as accurate as anything out there (as long as you ignore the spelling lol).

Lots of quotes I found interesting from the book here. Most are about his working practices as known at the time, but some I added just because I thought they were interesting and could be a good addition to what has already been discussed. There are a lot of excerpts from Ed's writing included in the book too, mainly from page 54 onwards. I could include so much more, but the link is below to the .pdf book if you wanted to read the whole thing.

An interesting sidenote, this is the landing page I got to before the .pdf link I quoted above the excerpts http://www.code144.com/news/coral-castle-book-by-carrol-a-lake/ . Note the part that says "UPDATE 2011: For some reason this file was removed from Scribd. (Not by me!) You can download the PDF directly by clicking right here." Someone removed it for him? Odd... I have made sure to save the book to my hard drive from the .pdf page just in case the current download mysteriously vanishes too.

All of the following can be found here in the .pdf book: http://birdini.com/Coral%20Castle%20-%20Carrol%20A.%20Lake.pdf

Page 15

Where he dug out his first block of coral rock, he widened that hole as succeeding big blocks were removed. He did not go deeper than the single layer – although later on he did.

He would carefully remove the thin soil from on top, level off the stone underneath, then cut his block the size, shape and weight he wanted.

Just how he cut his blocks has never been completely revealed, from those who profess to know such work, it is believed he bored holes for the corners of the block the size and shape he wanted, to the depth or width, then he would insert some sort of tools of his own design and manufacture which were connected with a wire. He apparently would saw away with this wire until he got to the depth desired and repeat the process for the sides, and then for the bottom or underside of the block. After the block was cut, he would raise it through the use of flat chisels and jacks until he could get chains or cables around the block.

He would lift the block or rock out of the hole by a simple home-made hoist of logs set in the form of a tripod with many pulleys and chains. His lifting was done so smoothly and gently, he never chipped the edges – a feat of marvelous accuracy.

After the big block swung free of the hole, he would settle it onto rolls, and with a complicated system set of chains, pulleys and levers, he would move the stone to the spot he wanted.

The hoisting into position took another series of blocks and hoists, with more chains, pulleys and levers.

It was all done quietly without fuss or seemingly great effort – but it was done. No one ever found out how he got the chains under the blocks, especially without chipping or marring the edges; how he actually lifted the rocks out; how he moved them into position, or how he fitted them together, nor exactly how he cut the blocks. That also is still a mystery and always will be – now. The results are there to prove he did.

Page 24

Nearly all of these visitors tried to draw him out on how he did his amazing work, what tools he used, and how he developed his uncanny leverage and where he learned his engineering skills.

When his inquirers got insistent, as they often did, on how he accomplished his wonders in stone, he would say simply, with his constant smile, “It’s very simple. A wheel, a man and a pry.” But he would refuse to go into more detail by starting to talk on something else, or, if the inquirer got too insistent, as happened occasionally, he would turn away to speak to someone else.

Page 34

Ed walked briskly around the truck, stood for a second looking around but said nothing. He started untangling his maze of ropes, pulleys and cables. He straightened them out, ran some of the cable through the pulleys, and went across the road to attach one end of the cable to a tree. He ran the cable around the rear axle at an angle, facing toward the front. He tightened the cable until it was taunt.

By this time quite a crowd was beginning to gather – silently watching. Usually in such situations a lot of loud and free advice is given by many individuals, all trying to vie with the others in giving free and unwanted advice. Everyone in this group, however, was much more interested in seeing Ed at work – all for the first time – than in trying to tell him what to do. His business-like approach was readily recognized by all. Many of the men present realized the technique Ed was using – and silently approved.

“Start up,” Ed told Biggers. “Go slowly and watch my signals.” Ed held one end of the taint cables.

Biggers swing up into the cab, and started the motor. Slowly he eased in his clutch – as Ed tightened the tauntness on his cable. Gently but surely – as if he were pulling the big truck like an invisible giant – the truck started to edge back on the pavement.

“Keep going,” Ed called to Biggers. He spoke sharply, “Now cut in toward the center of the road.”

Almost effortlessly the truck, loaded with many tons of stone, slide back onto the road.

Ed loosened his hole on the cable, and called to Biggers, “That’ll do. You’re out of the sand.”

One of the men who had watch the entire procedure said so nearly all could hear, “That’ s the slickest job I’ve ever seen. Twenty men couldn’t have done that work so easily as Ed did it – all by himself.”

“Oh, boy,” another exclaimed excitedly, “I’ll believe now everything I ever hear about Ed.”

Silently Neafsey helped Ed load the big tangle of equipment they had brought into the cab beside Biggers, then he climbed in to ride back to Ed’s new home. Ed jumped on his bike and was off, without a word – to anyone.

“My first load of furniture,” grinned Ed, hurrying forward to meet them, mentioning to Biggers where to stop, at the same time.

“Well, Ed, here you are – at last,” called the burley Bob behind the wheel.

As Neafsey climbed down from the cab, Biggers said to him, “I see you’ll like to see Ed unload?”

“Yes, that I would like to see.” Both men laughed, for they knew Ed would find some excuse so no one could see him move a single block of rock and certainly not this load of sculptured pieces.

Page 41

As a follow up to his “big potato,” as he always referred to it, Ed included his “potato cooker” in his prepared talk to visitors. He’s show his “stove” – which was a curious outdoor fireplace. It looked like an old-fashioned “old oaken bucket” sort of well for water – with a peak roof, circular, with the open part of the “well” about waist high.

Suspended in this “well” was a curious arrangement that looked like the rear axle of an automobile – and that is what it was. It was divided in the middle and held in place with chains on either end. A slight lift of the hand, and the axle came apart. It was fitted together so perfectly that when in place it could not be pried open. It proved a most efficient “pressure cooker.”

Ed would build a fire under his cooker, put in his potatoes, and by the time the axle-box was hot but before his food could possibly burn, his cooking was finished – under pressure.

Page 48

He loved little children, and encouraged in every way he could their coming to his park. He’d even allow small children to watch him work, but never grown ups. He said children were not cruel or critical of “someone who is different.”

Page 50

The World War II years brought out three incidents which did much for Ed and helped to spread his fame still further.

The first involved his being investigated by the F.B.I.

Ed was delving deeply into electronics and the study of cosmic rays and magnetic currents. His cosmic theory was published in the Miami papers more than a year before Einstein came out with his Theory of Unity – and the two theories are amazingly similar. In the process of Ed’s experiments, he had copper wires strung from his Coral Castle to trees. There were many of these wires, going in various directions from his upstairs windows. His electrical devices were quite obvious, especially in his lower-floor room, to all who visited the park.

Page 57

He wrote a great deal. He had several pamphlets published, a book, and even a long write-up that was printed in the Miami Daily News as an advertisement.

In this ad, he explained the research work he was doing in electricity – and advertised the fact he had an 8000-word pamphlet for sale – at one dollar – on “Magnetic Current” – along with which he would give another booklet on “Mineral, Vegetable and Animal Life.”

Credit is given to the Historical Museum of Southern Florida as the source of this material.

From his own words, he admits he used *some* form of mechanical system to move the stones - “It’s very simple. A wheel, a man and a pry.”, and eyewitnesses have described seeing him work from a distance, but whether mechanical assistance is all he used is still unknown. Most of the electro magnetic work he did appeared to happen well after he started construction, and after he'd moved the Castle to the new location. I did a quick search of the .pdf for the word "magnet" and it doesn't appear until p43, after he moved. "He did not work steadily on his wall, piece by piece, section by section, but spasmodically. He turned to building other things and began to devote a lot of time with his experiments in magnetic currents and cosmic forces, which were to consume more of his time in later years." Admittedly, this doesn't prove he *wasn't* working on magnetic things from the start, but it does indicate that it was something only noticeable towards the latter part of his construction/life.

I'd absolutely love to know after reading this whether are there any people out there who remember watching him work as children. I'd also love to see a copy of his book and pamphlets.

I guess I'm headed off to Google for a bit :P

Edit for links I've just found:

A modern day Ed: http://www.theforgottentechnology.com/

Ed's writings: http://www.leedskalnin.com/LeedskalninsWritings.html

No luck regarding anyone who remembers him from when they were a child as yet though.

Edited by Bebi

Page 3

... So Julius Levin stepped in to save Ed’s Coral Castle and Rock Gate Park from

being broken up for building rock and from becoming a night club rendezvous.

:o :o :o

7129 6105195 solved?

The Secret of the Universe + New Coral Castle Video

<a href="http://www.code144.com" target="_blank">http://www.code144.com</a>

A good copy of Ed's 1944 citizenship certificate, containing the numbers 7129 6105195.

post-108562-0-83763200-1297851918_thumb.solved

Edited by third_eye

:o :o :o

A good copy of Ed's 1944 citizenship certificate, containing the numbers 7129 6105195.

post-108562-0-83763200-1297851918_thumb.solved

HaHa Good find! I love it when the answer is found hiding in plain site.

HaHa Good find! I love it when the answer is found hiding in plain site.

That is not to say that that's ALL the numbers mean.

Ed is very adept at creating riddles and he might very well have created his later plans based on those very numbers.

MEaning that nothing is proven conclusive about those numbers and the previous postulations might also be credible.

• 2 months later...

supposedly , Nikola Tesla, another Latvian immigrant, also left behind a number above his bed as well.

supposedly , Nikola Tesla, another Latvian immigrant, also left behind a number above his bed as well.

What is the number and what significance do you feel it has? I love tesla, so I am interested in hearing your theories.

What is the number and what significance do you feel it has? I love tesla, so I am interested in hearing your theories.

Maybe the answer you seek is within the science of fractal waveforms. Btw, prime numbers are not divisible by anything but themselves and one, so they can carry the energy of unity, one, easier without losing energy...

Maybe the answer you seek is within the science of fractal waveforms. Btw, prime numbers are not divisible by anything but themselves and one, so they can carry the energy of unity, one, easier without losing energy...

What is the energy of unity? Specifically its magnitude and unit of measurement.

Not that it matters much, but Tesla came from what is now Croatia:

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Nikola_Tesla

come on...that is only like 3000 miles... everybody can make a small error... :devil:

Edited by questionmark