Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 6 votes

America Nuked 9/11

• Please log in to reply
2239 replies to this topic

#226    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 30,850 posts

• Keep Your Mach Up and Check Six

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:12 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 11 April 2013 - 06:01 AM, said:

that situation is because you don't get to see it ... the profits can't float up because the books don't balance ... the profits isn't declared ... yet.
The national debt isn't because of the monetary costs of 'the wars'  

You might want to check this out.

Huge Military Spending Cut Looming

WASHINGTON — Pending automatic spending cuts have put the U.S. armed forces on a path to being so unprepared for combat that it would be "immoral" to use them, the Defense Department's top leaders told lawmakers Tuesday in their most dire warning yet of how looming budget reductions could undercut military readiness.

Gen. Martin Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said in response to a question during a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing that neither he nor any of the four-star officers in charge of the military services have considered resigning to protest the billions in dollars in cuts that will begin on March 1 unless Congress acts to stop them.

http://www.huffingto..._n_2669769.html

Pentagon’s $527 billion budget includes new base closures, military benefit cuts

President Obama’s Pentagon budget includes a new round of base closures, increases in military healthcare fees and a reduction of the annual pay increase for service members.

http://thehill.com/b...s#ixzz2Q8HSiUuR

Edited by skyeagle409, 11 April 2013 - 06:13 AM.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#227    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,645 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:35 AM

View Postskyeagle409, on 11 April 2013 - 06:12 AM, said:

You might want to check this out.

Obama’s Budget Rescues the Pentagon

Instead of $500 billion in cuts, Obama proposes only $100 billion, and you have to look closely to spot it (“$200 billion in additional discretionary savings, with equal amounts from defense and nondefense programs”).
link

Pentagon budget highlights cuts and consolidation
Under the plan, the budget would terminate "lower-priority and poorly performing weapons programs," according to a statement from the department.
The Pentagon also says it intends to look into consolidating its existing defense infrastructure and combining military treatment facilities.

link

Indiana's defense contractors can weather Pentagon budget cuts, officials say
Since 2001, the Pentagon has doled out $43 billion in contracts in Indiana, and the number of contractors winning a piece of the action has jumped from 362 to more than 1,100.
But there's also little doubt that, with the war in Iraq at an end and the Afghanistan conflict winding down, the militarily flush times are turning leaner. ...
link

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#228    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 30,850 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:08 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 11 April 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

In case you didn't know, consolidation means cutbacks.

Panetta Warns of Dire Consequences to Military From Budget Cuts

WASHINGTON — In the wake of President Obama’s appeal to Congress to stave off across-the-board military and domestic spending cuts, Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta warned Wednesday that reductions from the automatic cuts would curtail American naval operations in the western Pacific by as much as a third and force one-month furloughs for as many as 800,000 Defense Department civilian employees starting this spring.

http://www.nytimes.c...-from-cuts.html

Panetta: Military cuts to hit 'all 50 states

The Pentagon proposed budget cuts on Thursday that would slash the size of the U.S. military by eliminating thousands of jobs, mothballing ships and trimming air squadrons in an effort to shift strategic direction and reduce spending by $487 billion over a decade.

The funding request, which includes painful cuts for many states, sets the stage for a new struggle between President Barack Obama's administration and Congress over how much the Pentagon should spend on national security as the country tries to curb trillion-dollar budget deficits.

http://usnews.nbcnew...-50-states?lite

Deep Military Cuts Begin as Congress Dawdles

Congressional leaders appear to have reach consensus that it is safer politically to allow deep and arbitrary cuts to military budgets than it is to negotiate a large debt-reduction deal that would have names attached. With Republicans and Democrats unwilling to make difficult decisions to address budget deficits in a balanced way, the military is being forced to cut training, cancel construction projects, defer maintenance of ships, aircraft and vehicles, cancel professional conferences, halt most temporary duty assignments, and interrupt supply and equipment purchases.

Quality of life for the military also is being impacted as dependents lose jobs, local economies and businesses lose contracts, and base operations, including family support programs, take immediate budget cuts.

http://www.military....ss-dawdles.html

Defense contractors rally against budget cuts

With automatic, across-the-board federal budget cuts slated to begin next January, defense industry leaders warned of deep wounds to America's backbone if Congress fails to act to avoid the roughly $1 trillion in reductions.

At a rally Monday in Crystal City, Va., some Northern Virginia-based defense contractors said the mandatory cuts, which will take effect if Congress doesn't craft an alternative budget-cutting package, would cost millions of American jobs and ripple across the entire economy.

http://www.armytimes...nst-budget-cuts

Federal budget cuts ground Air Force aircraft

Budget cuts ground 3rd of Air Force warplanes; those headed to Afghanistan to be mission ready

NORFOLK, Va. (AP) -- A top general says federal budget cuts that will ground one-third of the U.S. Air Force's active-duty force of combat planes including fighters and bombers means "accepting the risk that combat airpower may not be ready to respond immediately to new contingencies as they occur."Gen. Mike Hostage, commander of Air Combat Command at Joint Base Langley-Eustis in Virginia, issued the warning Tuesday as the Pentagon braces for more effects of the automatic spending cuts triggered by the lack of a budget agreement in Washington.

Hostage said that only the units preparing to deploy to major operations, such as the war in Afghanistan, will remain mission-ready. Other units would stand down on a rotating basis, he added.
The Air Force didn't immediately release a list of the specific units and bases that would be affected, but it said it would cover some fighters like F-16 Fighting Falcons and F-22 Raptors, and some airborne warning and control aircraft in the U.S., Europe and the Pacific.

The Air Force says, on average, aircrews "lose currency" to fly combat commissions within 90 to 120 days of not flying. It generally takes 60 to 90 days to train the crews to mission-ready status.
Returning grounded units to be ready for missions will require additional funds beyond Air Combat Command's normal budget, according to Air Force officials. The "stand down" will remain in effect for the remainder of fiscal year 2013 barring any changes to funding.

"Even a six-month stand down of units will have significant long-term, multi-year impacts on our operational readiness," Air Combat Command spokesman Maj. Brandon Lingle wrote in an email to The Associated Press.

http://news.yahoo.co...-113356244.html

Edited by skyeagle409, 11 April 2013 - 07:38 AM.

#229    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,645 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

View Postskyeagle409, on 11 April 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

In case you didn't know, consolidation means cutbacks.

[/size][/font]

con·sol·i·da·tion
[kuhPosted ImagePosted Imagen-sol-i-dey-shuhPosted ImagePosted Imagen]
noun
an act or instance of consolidating; the state of being consolidated; unification: consolidation of companies.
solidification; strengthening: consolidation of principles and beliefs.
something that is or has been consolidated; a consolidated whole.
Law.
a.
a statutory combination of two or more corporations.
b.
the union of two or more claims or actions at law for trial or appeal.

I know

Pentagon budget highlights cuts and consolidation
Under the plan, the budget would terminate "lower-priority and poorly performing weapons programs," according to a statement from the department.
The Pentagon also says it intends to look into consolidating its existing defense infrastructure and combining military treatment facilities.

link

you see cut backs as no money to spend ... I see.
the cutbacks now are expected as Bush Jr did declare "mission accomplished"
Note that a few of your links are pretty dated far back ... just saying.

Edited by third_eye, 11 April 2013 - 09:36 AM.

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

#230    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 30,850 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 11 April 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

con·sol·i·da·tion
[kuhPosted ImagePosted Imagen-sol-i-dey-shuhPosted ImagePosted Imagen]
noun
an act or instance of consolidating; the state of being consolidated; unification: consolidation of companies.
solidification; strengthening: consolidation of principles and beliefs.
something that is or has been consolidated; a consolidated whole.
Law.
a.
a statutory combination of two or more corporations.
b.
the union of two or more claims or actions at law for trial or appeal.

I don't think that you understand. When we consolidated operations at my base, many civilians were either sent off to retirement or to the unemployment line. In other words, we had to do with less, which strained the system and affected operations.

you see cut backs as no money to spend ... I see.

Of course we have no money to spend, which is why operations are being cutback and people are being laid off.

Budget cuts hurt schools in military communities hard

YERMO, Calif. - Nearly $2 billion in federal funding is being trimmed from public schools across the country - part of the budget sequester that went into effect a month ago. It's schools in military communities, however, that are especially hard hit.

http://www.cbsnews.c...mmunities-hard/

Panetta Outlines Defense Cuts He Says Will Hurt Military, Economy

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta is laying out a grim list of spending cuts the Pentagon will have to make in the coming weeks that he says will seriously damage the country's economy and degrade the military's ability to respond to a crisis.

http://www.wwnytv.co...-190024471.html

#231    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,645 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

View Postskyeagle409, on 11 April 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

I don't think that you understand. When we consolidated operations at my base, many civilians were either sent off to retirement or to the unemployment line. In other words, we had to do with less, which strained the system and affected operations.

Of course we have no money to spend, which is why operations are being cutback and people are being laid off.

I guess I've been discussing something totally different from a different perspective ... I understand now.

'

#232    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 30,850 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 11 April 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

I guess I've been discussing something totally different from a different perspective ... I understand now.

I know from experience in the military what it means when consolidation occurs.

#233    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,448 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 11 April 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

Sky marches to the beat of a different drummer. :whistle:

#234    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 30,850 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 11 April 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

Sky marches to the beat of a different drummer. :whistle:

One of reality. :yes:

#235    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,645 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

I guess nothing hurts more than when money destined for our wallets ending up somewhere else ....

'

#236    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 30,850 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:38 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 11 April 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

I guess nothing hurts more than when money destined for our wallets ending up somewhere else ....

To show how bad things are financially, check this out.

USAF THUNDERBIRDS SCHEDULE 2013

MPORTANT NOTICE / DISCLAIMER: March 1, 2013 USAF Announcement: The implementation of across-the-board cuts in federal spending has caused the curtailment of the Thunderbirds 2013 show schedule. Effective April 1, all of the team’s performances have been cancelled.

http://www.airshow.c...de=thunderbirds

Budget cuts ground Blue Angels, Thunderbirds

(CNN) -- The nation's best military fliers have had their wings clipped, thanks to the forced spending cuts imposed on the federal government this year.

The U.S. Navy on Tuesday announced it was canceling all the air shows its Blue Angels Flight Demonstration Squadron had scheduled for the rest of the year. The Navy action follows the Air Force's April 1 announcement that its Thunderbirds team would not perform again this year.

http://www.cnn.com/2...ws/?hpt=hp_t4

Federal budget cuts would end flyovers at sports events

http://www.usatoday....e-navy/1952415/

Edited by skyeagle409, 12 April 2013 - 12:40 AM.

#237    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,645 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

View Postskyeagle409, on 12 April 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

an Internal tit for tat ?

Sales of F-35 fighters to Israel could violate Japan's export ban
Potential U.S. sales of F-35 stealth fighter jets, which include Japanese-made parts, to Israel could send Japan into turbulence because of the nation's ban on weapons exports to designated countries.
Lockheed Martin Corp. of the United States is developing the radar-evading aircraft. Japan has allocated 29.9 billion yen ($330 million) to acquire two F-35s--the first to be manufactured with the participation of Japanese companies--in the draft fiscal 2013 budget adopted on Jan. 29.
Defense Minister Itsunori Onodera admitted at a news conference the same day that F-35s that use Japanese parts may be exported to Israel.
The sale would conflict with the government’s three principles on arms exports, which ban exports to communist countries, countries subject to arms export embargoes under U.N. Security Council resolutions and countries involved in or likely to be involved in international conflicts.
link

no sale approval ... you get budget cuts

Expensive F-35 fighter at risk of budget 'death spiral' by Andrea Shalal-Esa
WASHINGTON —
It’s called the “death spiral,” and America’s newest warplane, the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, is in danger of falling into it before the plane has even gone into service.

The term - recently invoked by top brass involved in the F-35 program - refers to a budgeting Catch-22 that plagues the defense industry. To keep the cost per airplane low, you need to build and sell a lot of planes. But in tough economic times, governments cut orders to save money. That pushes up the cost per plane, leading to more cancellations, pushing up the cost, leading to more cancellations. And so on.
link

over here in Asia we calls it a 'bottom less cash pit'

and waaay back then :

USA pegs value of Japanese F-35 deal at $10 billion
The USA has assessed the proposed sale of 42 Lockheed Martin F-35A fighter aircraft to Japan at $10 billion.
In a notification to Congress, the US Defense Security Cooperation Agency outlined the details of the proposed Foreign Military Sales (FMS) deal. The package covers an initial four F-35s and an option to purchase 38 additional aircraft.

At $10 billion, the deal values each aircraft at roughly $238 million, although this number includes a lifetime of support.
While Japan has long desired a stealth fighter - it mounted a long but ultimately futile quest to obtain the Lockheed F-22 - it warned in February that cost rises associated with the F-35 could result in it cancelling its planned order
link

screaming cash cows and cut down money cash trees ?
what do they do when the budget spending out paces the sales numbers?

'

#238    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 30,850 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 12 April 2013 - 01:04 AM, said:

an Internal tit for tat ?

link

no sale approval ... you get budget cuts

That has nothing to do with the current and dire financial situation of our military, and the F-35 is not even in current operational status with the military. A friend of mine works on the F-35 program in Fort Worth.

If you tune into the military channel right now, you will hear what I have been asserting for many, many months. Facts, evidence and interviews with military personnel, including the NEADS commander, an F-15 pilot, ATC personnel, NYFD personnel, airline employees, and civilians who were involved, are now be revealed in a documentary currently on TV. Communication tapes are currently being played in the documentary, and those tapes are debunking the mass disiinformation that 911 Truthers have been spewing for years. As I have been saying for months, 911 Truthers and their websites cannot be taken seriously. Voices of the hijackers in the cockpits are being played back as well.

How long have I been conveying the message that what they have claimed does not occur in the real world of aviation? How long have I been saying that 911 Truthers have been watching too many Hollywood movies? How long have I been saying that 911 Truthers have been spewing disinformation, misinformation, and in some cases, outright lies?

In addition:

Iraq, Afghanistan Wars Will Cost United States 4-6 Trillion Dollars

Costs to U.S. taxpayers of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan will run between four and six trillion dollars, making them the most expensive conflicts in U.S. history, according to a new report by a prominent Harvard University researcher.

http://www.nationofc...lars-1364738329

Estimated cost of post-9/11 wars: 225,000 lives, up to $4 trillion

The cost of wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Pakistan are estimated at 225,000 lives and up to $4 trillion in U.S. spending, in a new report by scholars with the Eisenhower Research Project at Brown University’s Watson Institute for International Studies. The group’s “Costs of War” project has released new figures for a range of human and economic costs associated with the U.S. military response to the 9/11 attacks.

http://news.brown.ed...011/06/warcosts

One 9/11 Tally: $3.3 Trillion

Al Qaeda spent roughly half a million dollars to destroy the World Trade Center and cripple the Pentagon. What has been the cost to the United States? In a survey of estimates by The New York Times, the answer is $3.3 trillion, or about $7 million for every dollar Al Qaeda spent planning and executing the attacks.

While not all of the costs have been borne by the government — and some are still to come — this total equals one-fifth of the current national debt. All figures are shown in today’s dollars.

http://www.nytimes.c...aphic.html?_r=0

Edited by skyeagle409, 12 April 2013 - 02:55 AM.

#239    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsuitable for large vehicles

• 24,841 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:02 AM

View Postskyeagle409, on 12 April 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

really? heavens. the UK govt a few years ago, under Gord Brown, considered doing that to the Red Arrows, but common sense prevailed.
Clearly the current Administration knows nothing at all about the value of public relations and public goodwill, which he might perhaps need considering all the various military threats he faces, or he says he does.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#240    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 30,850 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 12 April 2013 - 07:02 AM, said:

really? heavens. the UK govt a few years ago, under Gord Brown, considered doing that to the Red Arrows, but common sense prevailed.
Clearly the current Administration knows nothing at all about the value of public relations and public goodwill, which he might perhaps need considering all the various military threats he faces, or he says he does.

There's much more to that story. When  you have aircrews who can't replaced their flight suits because the Air Force is broke, that is very significant. When you have cutbacks in training and flight operations, that is significant. When one third of the Air Force's aircraft is grounded for lack of money, that is very significant to say the least.Some squadrons have run out of money for this month and that is very significant and I've only touched the surface lightly in that regard.

Air Force Secretary Michael Donley told an audience at the Air Force Association's Air Warfare Symposium in Orlando this past Friday that the majority of the USAF's fighter and bomber wings will run out money to keep flying by mid-May, and that is very, very significant because October is a long way off.

So once again, the United States did not profit from the 911 attacks by any means.

Edited by skyeagle409, 12 April 2013 - 07:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users