Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demon peers over mans shoulder?

Methos1

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• fylgja

• NoahJaymes

• SS79

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can clearly see an image of a dog behind his shoulder but I don't have a clue how to explain it...... :blink: Weird......

Very interesting photo. Though I find their answer to the mysterious image very questionable. I'd have to agree with the investigator...there is not enough presented evidence to draw an educated decision regarding the image. Although it appears to be nothing more than the face of a dog, there is something unsettling about it. ~Jackal

Very interesting photo. Though I find their answer to the mysterious image very questionable. I'd have to agree with the investigator...there is not enough presented evidence to draw an educated decision regarding the image. Although it appears to be nothing more than the face of a dog, there is something unsettling about it. ~Jackal

Whatever way the man saw it, is all that matters. However, I think we know that Demons disguise themselves, so whose to say? It is very unsettling, but with a very good outcome..JN

that is FASCINATING stuff....thanks so much for sharing, i spent a good ten minutes rereading that page and observing the photo. very interesting indeed

what if demons looks like dogs? :wacko:

As far as I know, demonologist usually claims demons dont have a physical shape, that means they can assume all kind of shapes they want. Dogs and canine animals in the past were always connected with the otherside (see Cerberus, Anubi ect). The pic is controversial, because basically we dont know anything about it, we dont know the history of the ground, of the building, we dont know the history of that person/s. We know only what are told us in the article, and sorry but that isnt enough.

About the pic, well I dont know....a overimpression? but since we are in a paranormal forum, is that not possible that was "just" a ghostly dog? but we shouldn exclude a possible fraud (photoshop...or something else) or...why not a demon (even if for me is a giant exageration).

In british folklore a ghost dog is a portent of death. I remember a saying along the lines of "having a black dog on my shoulder" or something

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_dog_(ghost)

edit: that was Churchill talking about depression

The Black Dog

In various guises, this creature lurks in graveyards, roads, and moors throughout Britain and Europe. Images of the Black Dog abound in folklore and popular literature. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle borrowed it in 1902 for Sherlock Holmes’ adventure with the Hound of the Baskervilles. Mississippi blues artist Robert Johnson, who was rumored to have obtained his musical talent from the devil, sang about it in the 1930s.

The black dog bears similarities to legends of werewolves and appears in different forms in fairy tales, such as Hans Christian Anderson’s 'The Tinderbox'. Winston Churchill used to refer to his chronic depression as 'the black dog on my shoulder', and anybody who suffers from the same malady would surely appreciate the sense of darkness and heavy melancholy that such an image invokes.

The core of all of these stories, legends and snatches of folklore is the image of a huge black canine of supernatural origin, which appears and disappears mysteriously bringing fear, chaos and sometimes death. In many variantions of the legends, the hound is a phantom or ghost. In others it is a fairy creature or an elemental force.

Black dogs have many names. Barghest, Galleytrot, Hell Hound, Padfoot, Shuck, Snarleyow, Striker, Trash, Wish or Whist Hound, Yell or Yelp Hound – to name a few. They have many aims: prophecy, revenge, bloodlust, the hunt or merely a warning; but they are always dark and dangerous, and always to be taken very seriously.

http://www.castleofspirits.com/blackdogs.html

Edited by Moon Monkey

Looks to me to be a ghost dog... not a demon thats just my opinion... A german shepherd, probably not liking them in his territory!!!

Edited by angel1094

What a bizarre photograph. Well weird, it does look just like a dog.

If you watch the news clip when there talking to him and his wife, he looks and sounds convincing with his emotions, and the dog(which looks 100% K-9)is as sharp and clear as they are in the photo all the way down to the teeth and tongue.. I still don't know if they just found the dog in the picture or they have known for the 8 years since the photo was taken?

If it looks like a dog, barks like a dog....you know the saying.

Man that picture creeps me out. No matter what it is though, it helped him to kick his drug habit. Good deal!

I don't remember them saying there was barking.... :w00t: why is it that most photos like these are always with the apparition over the shoulder or just out of view? If it where in Japan then i would say HOAX, fake etc. etc.

I saw the preview of the photo. On the local news. But I didn't hear the story. >> I missed it.

I don't know what to think. This photo can't be explained. I don't think it can be debunked.

The pic, as the article states, is a family wedding anniversary photo. While there is not much said about the celebration can we presume this was held in a private home, the owners of which have/had a dog which just happened to get itself into the photo?

Nothing paranormal here. The only bizarre thing is the wife insisting it was 'Satan' but this may have been her way of persuading her husband to kick his drug habit. Seems like a story from nothing.

that is a really cool pic. this computer doesn't have sound so i couldn't hear what anyone was saying. what did the investigators think about it??? i'm glad dude got off the drugs. i've always heard of a drug addiction refered to as a "monkey on your back" - not a DEMON DOG :w00t:

The pic, as the article states, is a family wedding anniversary photo. While there is not much said about the celebration can we presume this was held in a private home, the owners of which have/had a dog which just happened to get itself into the photo?

Nothing paranormal here. The only bizarre thing is the wife insisting it was 'Satan' but this may have been her way of persuading her husband to kick his drug habit. Seems like a story from nothing.

+1 :)

If the table wasn't there to support a family dog, the picture would have more credit to it

+1 :)

If the table wasn't there to support a family dog, the picture would have more credit to it

Is that not a cake in the background? I might be wrong!!!

If it is not a REAL dog, how do you know it's not his power animal, or animal spirit guide/ Why does everyone jump to the conclusion that it is a demon? I guess people just like being spooked.

I think some people are obsessed with demons these days!!!

maybe the dog was guarding the cake :lol: dogs can be well trained you know...

Maybe it wanted a piece!!!!

I think some people are obsessed with demons these days!!!

I know! Everything is demons anymore. In shamanism your power animal helps you out. This guy had a drug problem, and seeing this picture helped him overcome it. Sounds like a helpful entity to me, not evil.

...on the other hand, maybe the monkey on his back was mistaken for a dog. :D

(somebody had to say it....)

If you watch the news clip, it shows the whole photo and it doesn't look like it's in a home to me... I had thought it may be a domestic dog, but it looks like the party was in a hall or something.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfox/pages....1.1&sflg=1