Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ouija Boards

Saru

Has anyone here ever used a Ouija Board ? I'm curious to hear what experiences other people have had with them. I've heard some very interesting and really quite amazing accounts of Ouija Board related experiences over the years. Feel free to tell us about your own Ouija Board experiences by posting them as a reply to this thread.

We want to hear from you !

;)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Hi,

Please refrain from playing on the Ouija Board, it's not to be messed around with - honestly.

Years ago me and some friends dabbled, at first I was moving the glass, but after awhile it moved on its own.

The spirit we contacted lived 100 years ago in our village and used to live in the cottage we were staying in.

She left 2 or 3 messages, it's hard to remember it was so long ago. But one sticks in my mind and will haunt me for the rest of my days.  She warned someone at the board to be careful.  Something to do with partys.  Years later that person who had the message died in a car crash.  He had gone home from a party but had been rung up again to go and fetch someone back at the party.  He never got there.

This spirit that contacted us told us her name.  I checked the village cemetary following morning and she was there. She died in 1887 of Typhoid she was  about 26 I think.

After she left the board the glass went appsolutly crazy it left the board and flew into the air, smashing against the wall.  Enough was enough.  I certainly will never play with that board again.

Gill

I have had a scary ouija experience.  I was about 10 or 11 and I lived in a house that was over 150 years old.  My friend, my sister and I were using the ouija board.  I dont really remember the details of what happened, but we askled the spirit to show itself and all of the sudden a wasp came flying in my room from the window.  We all screamed and ran out of the room.  When we came back with some raid and a fly swatter the wasp was gone.  We checked the window and it was closed.  There was no way it could have come in through the window.  I havent used the ouija board ever since.

Jamie

Hi SaRuMan

i have a board called The Path Finder. I have had many experiences on it, to me a oiuja board is a tool, if used in the correct way and with respect can be a knowledgeable accet,  i feel spirit and hear them and i find this useful if i think i can help in someway or need to find an answer.

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

Hi SaRuMaN

I have had my ouija board for many years now. I have been known to use it from time to time to ask  

questions. The frist time I used the board some friends and I were asking some questions when my friend asked if this was a good or evil spirt well the board kept saying it was evil and my friend asked him to prove it now we were in a small room with the door closed and the shades closed as well when all of a sundden the shades flew up and the door slamed open! My friends and I left the house at that time my friend said that she never wanted to see the ouija agin so I took it I now talk with a man that died in the 17th centrey. so I don't think the board is all bad if use right and you listen to what it is saying to you.

Guest Guest

When I was younger, I became obsessed with the ouija board and had some very frightening experiences. It is something not to be played with lightly, believe me. Being older and wiser now, I wouldn't mess with one again, would you leave your back door open for anyone to come in ?

I am actually writing a book on true life experiences from members of the public about ghosts and the paranormal, so if anyone would like to share their experience, please email me at SueZanni@aol.com

here is an interesting clip that i got from the Art Bell website. In the background of a tape recording of a seance the sound of a crying baby can be heard even though a baby was no at the seance. You have to listen very carefully to hear it but it is there. so turn your speakers up or put it close to your ear and try not to pay attention to the guy talking, try and pay attention to the background noise

http://www.artbell.com/mediafiles/babyghost.ram

Guest Guest

I thought I would return to this section to see if anyone had any comments to say, but I must admit I wasn't expecting that nasty reply.

I will not get into an argument here with someone who doesn't even know me. But I would like to say that I have had experiences of the paranormal and that is why I decided to write in the first place.

Thank you Theresa for your kind comment. Some people go through their whole life putting people down and personally I have no time for them. My mother used to tell me: If you haven't got anything nice to say about people, then keep your mouth shut.

I will not reply again to your nasty comments, you sound a very unhappy person to me.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who would like to have their story in my book.

SueZanni@aol.com

Thanks

Guest Guest

;D  Let me just say this:I will not reply again to your nasty comments, you sound a very unhappy person to me.

You wrote the above sentence word for word, all I did was copy and paste.  My point being that if that is any indication of your "literary abilities", then surely I am missing alot.  

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Again I must point out, if there is anything that will be in your book that isn't already out in print then that would be fantastic!! :-*

I am glad that you have had your own experiences, and I am glad that you feel like writing them, but how credible are your sources of information; if you are asking people off of a website, that you personally have not been a part of for any REAL amount of time??  I do know most of the people here, I get into great discussions with most of them, most are highly credible, some are not.  I guess my question is this?  How would you know that?

And, in closing, what great piece of literary art could you possibly print, when your sources of information could be jaded by numerous things, such as mental illness, frauds, or pathelogical liars?  I know of no one here that is any of those things, but it does not mean it isn't out there.

So, again, I would just like to say, that it is OK to write a book, but I have yet too hear you mention anything other than wanting people to email you with stories, correct?  What real investigation is going to take place after you read "Our" stories?  I am just saying that you must know that you do need to research not only what would be said, but you also have to gather collaborating evidence as to the claims people are making.  So go at it, sista!!!   :-*

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm new to this site.

Animals know better. The reason I say this dates back to the early 70s, when I was using a Oujia board on board a small narrow barge on the Norfolk Broads (England). On the boat was a small dog, who had the run of the barge. Also on board was one of my school tearchers who had used a ouija board before. we used it a few times and treated it as a joke. However on this occassion were did get in contact with a spirit (an old Boat captain). It was not getting in contact that was strange but the dogs reaction after. For 3 days the dog would not go in to the room where the board had been used but would leap off one end of the boat and swim passed the room and jump back on the boat at the other end. This lasted for just 3 days after that the dog was fine. So do animals know better?   ???

I think they are sensitive to many things. I've heard they can sense things like earthquakes before humans can.

I am curious, were do you buy an Ouija board?? I'm not planning to use it but...

Odin Supreme 8)

odinsupreme,

you can buy a ouija board from witch shops, we have a shop in Australia called India Fox. They sell all kind of weird things. Even some book stores sell them, but you must go to those spiritual book stores that would be your best bet.

If you are thinking of buying one read up on it first so you know what your getting yourself into. Because once you open the door to the spirits anything can happen so be cautious.

It is not a game.

X

OK, it can be dangerous, you don't know an addres in the Netherlands, do you? Why do all other countries on the world have ghosthouses or ouija board stores! In the netherlands are almost no encounters, ghost, seamonsters, or legends, :'( or the people here are so scared that they can't talk about it! If anyone knows a story from the Netherlands, please tell me!    :-/

Odin Supreme  8)

odin supreme,

There must be stores in the Netherlands like the ones we have in Aust just look for them.

Another thing when i first used a Ouija board i was at my older brothers friends house and he had made the board by himself. He had gotten a piece of card board and written around the edges letters from A-Z and numbers from 1-10 with YES and NO in the middle. You can also write anything else on the paper like a question mark. We used a cap off a spray can, use whatever you like. I dont know if the experience was real or not, but a couple of years later i made one with my friends and we all experienced something paranormal. Nothing scary though. So you can make one yourself if you really want to do it but be careful.

X

Odin,

The only thing you have to be truly concerned about when 'using, playing with, manipulating' a Ouija board is your state of mind. Many 'spiritualists' contend that it is a tool to be used when communicating with the dead, but its just a lot of malarky. The reason I say this is because the only 'proof' to me of the reliability and authenticity of the Ouija board would be if all the participants were to be blindfolded (which means you would need someone to act as a 'reader', but then again with everyone else blindfolded, you would pretty much be putting your faith in that persons trustworthyness, wouldn't you?):P and the pointer located at a random position on the board at the beginning of the session. If you could then make any sense at all of the communication between you and the spirits, there might be some credibility to anyone's claims. Until then, its just an entertaining toy. It has become such a joke in the last 20 years or so that 'spiritualists' now dispense with the board and prefer to 'communicate' directly with the 'spirits' (John Edwards, et.al.) Imagine it being as useful as a crystal ball, reading tea leaves or tarot cards. If you allow yourself to be put in a situation that stimulates your imagination and distorts your perception of reality, strange 'unusual' things will definetly happen.

I'm not familiar at all with the types of stores you have in your country, but you should beable to find a Ouija board at any large scale department store in the toy section by other games like 'Risk', 'Monopoly', etc. If not, you can purchase it on the internet at places like amazon.com & toysrus.com.

Magikman

So you are saying that it is just a toy? Why are there so many people that claim that they had an encounter with "ghosts" when they used the board? Or are they all liers, or people with a twisted mind? I don't know if i have to believe those stories, but there are so many. Is there an other way to communicAte with ghosts, that is reliable, i am not going to do it, because i think you should leave them alone, if it is possible. I saw on the whole internet only one Dutch ghost story, and five UFO encounters. And there are no ghost houses that I know of, we have many old houses and also castles, al the big cities have an old center. I someone could tell me where a haunted place is, I would viste it, if such a site is in germany or belgium, ok, I can go there to, but to Australia, USA or England is no option. Sometimes I here knocking in the wood of the house, but why should that be a ghost!

Odin Supreme, the curious one  8)

Wait, now I remember something, about five years ago I was on the attic of our hous, we live in a hous that's only 14 years old and before there where houses it was a field wih cows. I was buzzy with the computer. I heard someone coming up the stairs. The stairs where behind me, so I couldn't see them. I tought that it wa my brother, he liked to scare me. I looked behind me, but there was nobody! I played further on the computer. Then I heard I agian, the stairs make a noise when you wal over them, and I looked agian, but there wa nobody. I was scared, I didn't knew what to do. I stayed on the attic and waited for the noise, it came again. I was shaking, I walked over to the stairs and watched again. There was nobody! I was so frightened that I called my mum, she ws downstairs. I told her that I was to scared to go down and she came up, together we walked down. I am now also on the attic, but I have never heard the sound again, even when there is a storm, I can't hear it...

If anyone believes me, you believe the truth. But I still think that it was no ghost, it had to be something else, maybe an animal, a mouse or something, however, the attic was/is very clean (I sleep there).

Odin Supreme  8)

• 6 months later...

..... I found this thread whilst trawling through all the old posts ..... tis late, have insomnia, what's a girl to do?  :P anyway, just wondered if anyone else had anything else to add to this subject, particulary the old mazehouse peeps......curious to hear your opinions and/or experiences etc :)

I have never used a Ouija board, but here's a little something that is basically the same.

A couple of year's ago I started my tuition to become a psychic medium. To begin with it felt as if I was wasting my time and could not see where I was going wrong. I was sticking to what I had been taught, doing the meditation, putting protection in place, grounding excess energy, closing down  etc. I was getting nowhere so I threw caution to the wind and went at it like a bull at a gate. I became more relaxed and started getting results, it was great, I was finally doing it. Truth of the matter was, with not been cautious I had not closed down properly and was walking about atracting every spirit who became aware of me. I remember at the time my tutor telling me I was like a walking Ouija board. The explination I got was simple, I had no protection against, or control over who/when spirit came throught. This results in burnout because your mind is consciously working 24/7, fortunatelly it was caught in time. Looking back I can see why a Ouija board is often refered to as a tool. It help's focus the combined mind's of the people who are using it in order to open a doorway to another plain. You cannot control who comes through and seldom close the door after use. The spirit's who wait for these opportunities are usually bad. Althought they give you good credible information to win your trust, I was told, "this is there way of ensuring that doorway will remain open and therefor allow more of these spirit's through".

i've never used a ouija board, but some friends have, in one instance while using the board the glass they were using suddenly became very hot, it then spelt out "ugly man" and the glass flew off the board and hit someone's head. my friend said they panicked and ran off.

another instance involved a girl i once knew, she and some friends were using the board but after a while nothing appeared to be happening, so they got bored and left it, everyone was in good spirits and the atmosphere was friendly, then the girl i'm speaking of went to the tiolet, when she saw her image in the mirror she started to scream hysterically, claiming the face she saw wasn't hers. it took a couple of hours for her to calm down.

Imagine the scene,

10x 15year old kids (me being one of them)get together at a friends house on halloween,add one home made ouija board,2 hours of ghosts stories and my mates mum (who dose'nt seem to know right from wrong)rattling the attic door,and wot do you get.

some very deep mental scarring and a deep desire to stay the hell away from ouija boards at all cost.

:'( ;D

I've got a Ouija board, but before I even touched one I learnt as much as I could about it, and how powerful they are so that if something started, I knew how to safely end it.

One such example happened about a fortnight ago. Me and my mother had set up the board and had put or fingers on the planchette. After about 10 minutes the planchette started to jiggle slightly. Slowly it started to move. It moved to just 3 letters before I closed the board. Those 3 letters were:

F R G.

FRG. What word do they sould like? I'll let you decide. (Mainly because I cannot spell it ;))