Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Demons"

Pythia

I don't want to feel like I'm picking on anyone, so I started this interesting topic fresh.

So, I'd like to know, do you believe that demons haunt houses? Do you believe that demons cause doors to open or lights to flicker?

Do you believe that demons can posses humans?

I'm not talking about ghosts or spirits, I'm talking about "Demons".

What do you think?

Personally, I don't buy it, but I would love to hear any opinions.

Please, no insults, I don't care what anyone says about me, but I would like fresh opinions on this subject and I don't want anyone getting picked on for being here or stating their opinions. Thanks!

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• Pythia

• Please Explain

• Barek Halfhand

I don't want to feel like I'm picking on anyone, so I started this interesting topic fresh.

So, I'd like to know, do you believe that demons haunt houses? Do you believe that demons cause doors to open or lights to flicker?

What do you think?

Please, no insults, I don't care what anyone says about me, but I would like fresh opinions on this subject and I don't want anyone getting picked on for being here or stating their opinions. Thanks!

Well I guess you should kind of qualify for us your definition of a demon, ghost, or spirit. How do you define each?

It's all fake. No demons, no ghosts, no supernatural entities, no nothing. Earth is fake, life is fake people are fake.

It's all a hoax and a product of photoshop or sleep paralysis. ;)

Hi there. To answer your questions:

do you believe that demons haunt houses?: Yes, I do. I believe that demons love to wreak havoc and will linger in a house to terrorize a family or a person.

Do you believe that demons cause doors to open or lights to flicker?: Again, yes, I do. I believe that demons will 'play' with humans and cause certain things to happen to heighten fear, because they feed off of it. Granted, I do think that alot of noises and sounds that go 'bump in the night' are just natural sounds that over-active imaginations can make out as paranormal.

Do you believe that demons can posses humans?: Again...yes. I believe in demonic possession as I've witnessed it. (Not an exorcism, but an actual person who was possessed.) I personally believe that demons will take residence inside of a human and take control.

All in all, I believe demons exist, and they're powerful, and that they can manifest themselves however they please, whether that's as ghosts, shadows, by moving objects, noises, etc.

Well I guess you should kind of qualify for us your definition of a demon, ghost, or spirit. How do you define each?

Ghosts and spirits were human once and demons were not. In my opinion. I guess that's how I would define it.

That's not exactly my point with this post, but since you asked. :)

Don't buy it, they're fake. They don't exist.

Thozz, I was hoping we could have an intelligent discussion here.

What do you think?

Its hard to understand what or why demons do such things. I believe they do. In my opinion they do such to work your curiosity of the supernatural. Their goal is not necessarialy to posses or destroy us but to separate us from God. They are spirits in nature. they can not manifest into living flesh but wish to to attain their goal. That is why I believe they posses people. Not to destroy the person but to take control of a living body to attain what they desire. Demons desire domination of God's beloved creation, basicly us. They cant hurt God or kill God so they do their best to cause him greif. Basicly by separating his beloved creation from him. For example the Anti-Christ is actualy a leader of a nation of power who gets possessed by Satan. If the possession is willfully done or done by force is not described though.

When a demon possesses a person it is not to harm that person but to insue fear in those around. They want to bully us into a corner and take away all hope and create fear in our minds. We fear hauntings and the unknown. They will do anything to create that fear. They feed off of it. It is what gives them power over us. That is why most demonic experiences start small, for example poltergiest activity and gets as big as possession. It all depends on how we deal with such situations.

Most who do experience such and welcome it experience the worst because they are allowing the demon to take control of their lives. Some fear it and give it power to take control of their lives. And then there are some who are spiritually weak for example people who are depressed severily or those who are highly attuned to the spiritual and supernatural world and are simply over come due to exchanges with demonic spirits or lack of control over their attuneness.

Hope this explains some things for you a little. If you have any other questions just let me know and I'll reply

Their goal is not necessarialy to posses or destroy us but to separate us from God. They are spirits in nature. they can not manifest into living flesh but wish to to attain their goal. That is why I believe they posses people. Not to destroy the person but to take control of a living body to attain what they desire. Demons desire domination of God's beloved creation, basicly us. They cant hurt God or kill God so they do their best to cause him greif. Basicly by separating his beloved creation from him. For example the Anti-Christ is actualy a leader of a nation of power who gets possessed by Satan. If the possession is willfully done or done by force is not described though.

How could they seperate us from God Dave?

I believe that we are God's beloved creation, as you said, and I believe that He protects us from them. I don't think they can touch us.

In your last line, "If the possession is willfully done or done by force is not described though."

I'd like to know described where? Where did this information that you have come from?

What do you think?

Yeah i believe that demons are real, I believe that the're from hell and their sole ambition is to make life hard for us mere mortals. You'd think with all that supernatural power they might create their own world. Man i hate their guts... if i see one i,ll banish it straight back to where it came from. :geek:

You'd think with all that supernatural power they might create their own world.

Exactly, Lone Owl, so why would they bother with us?

How could they seperate us from God Dave?

I believe that we are God's beloved creation, as you said, and I believe that He protects us from them. I don't think they can touch us.

In your last line, "If the possession is willfully done or done by force is not described though."

I'd like to know described where? Where did this information that you have come from?

They seduce us into sin and dissbelief of God. Remeber we cannot enter Heaven until we accept God and Christ as our savior. We must wash away all sin from our lives because that is a opening we allow the demons to enter. They use our sins and our guilt of sin to decieve and manipulate. They also do their best to prove the disbelief of God. If we dont believe we dont accept.

They cant to a point. They are superior to us. They have greater intellegence since they have been around since creation. They even witnessed our creation. That is were the fear and bully game comes in. They separate us from our hope and faith which leads us away from our Holy Father. All power to defeat them is given to us through the power of God and Christ. Without it we are defensless against their attacks on us. We must ask our father to deliever us from their grasp. Through the gift of free will God cannot fully intervene in our lives unless we ask. The demons know this and use it to their advatage. Like I said in another post, God is not a superman who flies in from no where and saves the day. He is more like a tag team partner in pro wrestling. He cant enter the "ring" untill we reach out and "tag" him in. And if we dont believe there is a tag partner that has our backs then we are alone. And we are fearfull the most when we are alone and in the dark.

Yeah i believe that demons are real, I believe that the're from hell and their sole ambition is to make life hard for us mere mortals. You'd think with all that supernatural power they might create their own world. Man i hate their guts... if i see one i,ll banish it straight back to where it came from. :geek:

But they dont want their own world they want our world.

ND-Dave, I agree with everything you wrote. I couldn't have said it any better.

Well, it seems like the topic already has the fixed Christian doctrine answer, so not much reason to add to the discussion, but I disagree about hauntings.

I think the vast majority of hauntings and phenomenon and oppression activity is mortal/dead in origin. Ghosts as some might think of it.

However, there are cases where the intensity, coupled with the obvious and organized cunning and intelligence behind it bumps it up (down?) into the range where it falls into the range of what seems to be demonically orchestrated at least.

Most cases can be traced back to people doing things they should not have been doing to begin with, and it could have happened years prior before things got to the point the trouble was evident.

Most possession cases are actually oppression, leeching, parasitic, not true possession in the accurate meaning of the word, where the victim has zero awareness and loses total control or even awareness of their body for the duration of the possession.

It is my belief that one who is a believer and child of God/infilled with the Spirit of God cannot be possessed. However, oppression is always possible and not given as much credit as it deserves for many of our mental health woes, addictions, anger management problems, obsessions, etc. Genuine possession is rare, very rare.

I also believe that the vast majority of evil and sin and violence in this world is totally mankind's doings and will and greed, not somehow the "Devil" doing it. We really don't need that much help to be wicked. There is nothing so dark and sick as the worst potentials of the human heart and will. Even Christ said so, that no one is good but God alone.

He is right.

JMO,

Nile Shaman

What do you think?

no insults BUT...are you sure you want to face Mr Halfhand?....I have NEVER lost.....B

linked-image

Edited by Barek Halfhand

It's all fake. No demons, no ghosts, no supernatural entities, no nothing. Earth is fake, life is fake people are fake.

Awesome post !! :lol:

Don't buy it, they're fake. They don't exist.

Close.

It's very debatable if ghosts had to be humans, animals could be included, and some even take it further to include objects, like boats. What a ghost is we really are not sure. But it's a pretty good bet that a ghost is either a snap shot of a former object or a force or energy.

Spirits need not have to be humans, take for example angels, which are spirit creatures but were never human.

Demons are spiritual creatures, just like angels, they were never human.

Now it is written in the old testament that the angel's looked down on humans and were attracted to them, and did come down and mate with them. It's important to keep in mind that demons and angels are pretty much the same. What came out of this mix breeding we don't know. Some question if that is why some of us seem to have greater psychic abilities. We don't know, the bible speaks very little about this. Also noteworthy, not every living person has died. There are at least two examples given in the old testament where god took a person before death and they never experienced death! Also a very odd and interesting subject.

But as far as haunting's go, I suppose a demon could scare the hell out if you if you met one, if they wanted to scare you, but it seems these creatures are on a different mission, they do not haunt, they influence and or possess.

Now critics can argue that none of this is true all they want, it doesn't matter really. If I refuse to believe in Russia because I never seen it, that does not mean Russia does not exist. I am just trying to explain the fundamental differences questioned here.

LOL !!! I try not to believe it is a demon but a message of some sort,although it can be scary.I have seen the door slamming thing a LOT when I lived at my parents house,And there was absolutely nothing that could have caused it but it was scary at the time.I look back at it now and laugh it off though as I feel as if I know why it happened.

Edited by missbeliever

no insults BUT...are you sure you want to face Mr Halfhand?....I have NEVER lost.....B

linked-image

Lost what? I'm asking for opinions, this isn't a contest. Nothing to win or lose.

I would like to hear what you think, that's all.

Lost what? I'm asking for opinions, this isn't a contest. Nothing to win or lose.

I would like to hear what you think, that's all.

The other half of his hand? :blink:

I think that demonic possession was used to explain mental illness and/or seizures.

I don't believe it exists.

Thanks for listening to my opinion without judgement. :tu:

NO NO NO NO NO DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A RELIGION DEBATE!!! if demons DO exist, they may not be what you think, my new book is based on what i believe there is for demons, another world in some other dimension.