Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Music Feedback?

Koreyomg

I put together an album that was kind of inspired by a new authentic peace pipe I bought. I think it turned out good. Any feedback would be awesome...

http://despitecube.b.../album/arm-nico

post-128893-0-60314200-1358285955_thumb.

Edited by Koreyomg
  • Like 2

I listened on my rubbish desktop speakers so cannot comment too much on the technical stuff. (I'll listen tomorrow on my studio monitors)

What studio monitors do you use? Do you have acoustic treatment?

The sounds are pleasing and the melodies are nice. It was nice to listen to, certainly relaxing.

• Like 1

Nice, thanks for sharing. Koreyomg, are these actual instruments, or are they samples/synthesizers?

Mind telling us what equipment you used to record?

It is electronic. I tried my best to make it sound realistic. If you look at my older music on my bandcamp you can hear how much progress I have made :)

At the moment I am using FL10. Nothing special. I do want to eventually use my music as a template for a band with real instruments.

I like your music very much. I like this kindof ambient music because for me it's sort of awareness music, or sounds. Complex music draws my attention to it, but ambiance allows me to look around and appreciate what I'm looking at in a new way. Hard to explain, I guess.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

• Like 1

I like your music very much. I like this kindof ambient music because for me it's sort of awareness music, or sounds. Complex music draws my attention to it, but ambiance allows me to look around and appreciate what I'm looking at in a new way. Hard to explain, I guess.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Thanks! Really appreciate it........ For awareness music you should download some binaural beats.

I wish your compositions were longer.

I will make more. this was the first time I made a continuous song. Thanks for the suggestion =]

I like it the instrumentals are relaxing reminds me of the bumper music for this radio program I listen to Coast To Coast AM.

• Like 1

Yeah thats a lovely warm sound you got going on there.

From a tech point of view right at the end of the first snippet and the beginning of the last snippet there seemed to be some clipping in the right channel. Or it could be some static interference. Then again I was only listening thru the ps3 hooked up to the surround sound. Coffey could tell you better through his studio monitors.

But you should definitely have a go at expanding them snippets and make them into full pieces. They wouldn't sound out of place when compared to all the other music I've listened to in that style.

Keep it up man.

• Like 1

I've listened to many post-rock, ambient bands. I can see what style of music you're going for.

The beautiful thing about ambiance is that is allows for a different style of expression.

Some people will think at first listen that it's simply white noise, unaware that every little sound is intentional.

But what you're doing is very creative and it sounds great! Keep it up, bud.

• Like 1

I'm likin' it! :tu:

• Like 1

Sorry still haven't had a chance to listen on my monitors, been overhauling my studio recently.

I noticed you said you use FL, we could collab sometime. I usually do Electronic stuff like trance. But I've been working on a computer game soundtrack for a friend, always been into chilled styles of music as well. Pretty much love most music. lol

• Like 1

Thank you all for the feedback. :nw:

And yes coffey that would be awesome

Yeah thats a lovely warm sound you got going on there.

From a tech point of view right at the end of the first snippet and the beginning of the last snippet there seemed to be some clipping in the right channel. Or it could be some static interference. Then again I was only listening thru the ps3 hooked up to the surround sound. Coffey could tell you better through his studio monitors.

But you should definitely have a go at expanding them snippets and make them into full pieces. They wouldn't sound out of place when compared to all the other music I've listened to in that style.

Keep it up man.

I was messing around with the channels a bit to give it more depth. I could see why it would sound off on sourround.

I've listened to many post-rock, ambient bands. I can see what style of music you're going for.

The beautiful thing about ambiance is that is allows for a different style of expression.

Some people will think at first listen that it's simply white noise, unaware that every little sound is intentional.

But what you're doing is very creative and it sounds great! Keep it up, bud.

This was a music video I put together when i first compiled it. You are right, most will only hear the static. But people like you and me fall into it...