Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Family Innocent in Jonbenet Ramsey Murder

Isis2200

June 9, 2008 --US prosecutors have apologised to the parents and brother of child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey after new DNA tests cleared them of involvement in her bizarre 1996 murder.

Colorado Boulder County District Attorney Mary Lacy said the tests pointed to an "unexplained third party".

http://tothecenter.com/news.php?readmore=6071

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=595208

• Like 2

I dont care who did the crime,I still blame the parents because if they didnt dress her like they did and not have done that stupid fashion show or what ever you call it that little girl would still be alive,I blame her parents for putting her in that situation.They did all that just to make money off her and now shes dead.Parent fault, noone elses.

• Like 1

I dont care who did the crime,I still blame the parents because if they didnt dress her like they did and not have done that stupid fashion show or what ever you call it that little girl would still be alive,I blame her parents for putting her in that situation.They did all that just to make money off her and now shes dead.Parent fault, noone elses.

Well the person that killed her might have a little blame in this as well ;) but I do agree no parent should put there kids through these kinds of gong shows.

• Like 2

Well, I wouldn't say no one else's. The guy who broke in, assaulted her, and killed her had something to do with it too.

I agree that there's something sick about these would-be-Beauty-Queen moms who live through their daughters by dressing them up like little whores and parading them around. I find it so gross that it's hard not to totally blame the parents. However, the whole "she was asking for it-look how she dressed" line of reasoning is a dangerous way to think.

If girls/women don't ask for it, they aren't "asking for it".

• Like 3

linked-image

Jonbenet Ramsey

This girl would look so much better peddling up and down the street on a bright pink bicycle with training wheels, playing and giggling with the neighborhood kids (maybe with a band-aid on her knee and her hair poking out in all directions). Her parents were such *******s.

• Like 1

This girl would look so much better peddling up and down the street on a bright pink bicycle with training wheels, playing and giggling with the neighborhood kids (maybe with a band-aid on her knee and her hair poking out in all directions). Her parents were such *******s.

I am part of the minority in rushing in to blame the parents for her death. I never once thought that it was the parents who killed her and always felt that it was just outright wrong to automatically call them guilty without exhausting every other direction that the clues in this case pointed to.

I mean, they certainly had D.N.A. testing after her death. Why didn't they use that test to exhaunerate the parents? It's the same D.N.A. test that they're using to free convicted men off Death Row who were innocent of the crimes they were convicted of all throughout the country even today. This happens to be some new test? I don't get it. The old one was perfectly fine.

All I can say is that the stress of her daughter's death must have certainly contributed to her own illness of ovarian cancer and eventual death. And Patsy remains right, if that other dude who committed suicide didn't kill Jon Benet, and that's when Patsy said "There's a killer out there!" The fricken state's attorney was so blown away by Patsy saying this that she rushed to do a press conference to thwart any fears generated by Patsy's remark. The city of Boulder owes the Ramsey family more than an apology.

• Like 5

I dont think we will ever know what happened to that little doll or who molested and killed her. SO many things are wrong with this case. The family was under suspicion when they lawyered up hours after her body was found by her Dad, in a room, no one knew about. Why did the police tell John to "look again?" WTH? They contaminated the crime scene something fierce. How could a "kidnapper" break in, (John forgot to set alarm) get a pen and paper, sit down and write a 2 1/2 page ransom note, stating they were going to kidnap her, only to take her from her bed, walk down ALL those windy stairs, then thru the kitchen, and into the basement, then into a room the family only knew of? That took ALOT of time OMG..Then used a stun gun twice, molested the poor thing, strangled her, and then left, without one sound or a finger print? IMO it had to be someone in the family or knew them very very well. Kidnappers dont kill in a home, they take a child for money, and they dont rape. Child molesters on the average DONT kill their prey,as they love them and want to go back again and again. Patsy, may she RIP was criticized big time for exploiting that little one, in sexy outfits, where every predator could see her, PLUS he demeanor didnt rest well with the public. John seems to be a nice soft spoken devoted man, but IS HE? The brother from what I know, never submitted DNA..All and all, its a tragedy, and someone in that family will take that secret to their grave IMO..JN

• Like 1

Who ever did this has probably continued this for the last 12 years. I wonder how many children are 'missing' in that area.

• Like 2

Well, I wouldn't say no one else's. The guy who broke in, assaulted her, and killed her had something to do with it too.

However, the whole "she was asking for it-look how she dressed" line of reasoning is a dangerous way to think.

If girls/women don't ask for it, they aren't "asking for it".

I think you're right about this, Siara. I think the sicko who did this had a LOT to do with it. He's the one who "KILLED" that little angel.

And I also agree with your other statement. Jonbenet was not "asking for it" nor were her parents "asking for it". And just because a woman may walk down the street with a halter top on and jeans or even "daisy dukes" doesn't mean she's asking to be raped bludgeoned and murdered.

If I see a man in a speedo, is he asking to be sodomized, bludgeoned and murdered? Of course not. It's all in how you allow yourself to think.

Thinking "she was asking for it-look how she dressed" or "her parents were asking for it" is not only a dangerous way to think --- it's a SICK way to think.

linked-image
  • Like 9

I mean, they certainly had D.N.A. testing after her death. Why didn't they use that test to exhaunerate the parents? It's the same D.N.A. test that they're using to free convicted men off Death Row who were innocent of the crimes they were convicted of all throughout the country even today. This happens to be some new test? I don't get it. The old one was perfectly fine.

They did have DNA testing then, for blood/saliva DNA (body fluids)... The new test that has exhonorated any family members is a skin cell DNA test. This type of testing was not available back then and even today is difficult to test, I believe there are only 5 or 6 labs that actually do this type of testing and it is expensive and laborious.

What the lab found was that there were foreign skill cells present that didn't match the family, those foreign skin cells DNA matched the old samples taken from blood/saliva. This means someone handled that child that was not family at all.

I've never been all that interested in this case except for the fact that I've always believe the Boulder police and DA's office really shafted this family. I've never been on the bandwagon that the parents did it. I think what really happened despite the media's portrayal of the case, is that the parents were under the direction of attorney's who hindered rather than helped their case. As you know, attorney's protecting their clients orchastrate public statements from clients and at the same time tell them to keep their mouths shut even if they're innocent.

• Like 4

Although I don't agree with those types of beauty shows, I don't think it's fair to blame the parents for her death because of the pageants they put her in. No parent deserves to wake up and find their child has been murdered in their own home during the holidays. Just my opinion. I hope they find out who murdered that poor little girl though. It's just gone on too long without some sortof closure for the family and for the rest of the world wondering who did it.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

A family member knows. He is living today. Did he kill her? Not saying that. But does he know who did? Why do away with the website? Why did the search for her killer end so soon? Were they threatened? What went on? The pageants? Could be ...but I don't think so in this case. John Ramsey, the father has a clue. Someone in that family has an idea.....but to speak could result in death for them and others they care about.

• Like 1

There is no such thing as innocent in a court of law. You can only be "not guilty."

We can't say that for sure. There are thousands of kids found every year in the same condition as Jonbenet and they weren't all beauty pageant queens..or found in some limelight.

If her murderer is (??) an "outsider" he had his eye on this child for a while. I think, regardless of the pageants, she would have been murdered the same way, imo. Maybe it wasn't the pageants that worked up the attention, but John's influence in the area.. maybe.

• Like 2

Just because some DNA doesn't match I think its a little rediculous to completely ruled out the parents being involved. I'm sure they had something to do with it and having a third party involved doesn't seem unreasonable either.

• 4 years later...

What if the crime was never motivated by fashion shows, pedophilia, or anything to do with JonBenet? You do realize that the Ramseys were quite wealthy and certainly did not need to make money off their daughter?

• Like 1

QUOTE (theghost @ Jul 10 2008, 03:22 PM)

Well the person that killed her might have a little blame in this as well wink2.gif but I do agree no parent should put there kids through these kinds of gong shows.

I suppose you think it wrong for parents to enroll their children in ballet, figure skating, and gymnastics competition as well? Patsy Ramsey was a pageant queen. It is not unusual for parents to enroll their children in avocations of which they are already familiar. It is, however, wrong to so callously blame the Ramseys for the death of their daughter when you have no idea what really happened.

• Like 3

I dont think we will ever know what happened to that little doll or who molested and killed her. SO many things are wrong with this case.

Beginning with the lead investigators leaping way too prematurely to a particular conclusion and then making the second biggest mistake in crime investigation, to wit, trying to force the evidence to conform to the premature conclusion. Sometimes a little objective contemplation of the most obvious evidence can go a long way toward clarification.

• Like 4

I suppose you think it wrong for parents to enroll their children in ballet, figure skating, and gymnastics competition as well?

I dunno, are people judged solely on their looks and how much like an adult they can look in ballet or Gymnastics?

I don't know what the exercise, health and mental flexibility benefits of child pageants are either.

I dunno, are people judged solely on their looks and how much like an adult they can look in ballet or Gymnastics?

I don't know what the exercise, health and mental flexibility benefits of child pageants are either.

I suppose they are judged according to whatever criteria are important in pageants. I really do not know. It's not exactly my area. Does it really matter? Wouldn't a pedophile be just as attracted to places where children engage in figure skating, ballet, gymnastics, or even the monkey bars at the local playground?

It is beyond cruel to blame this crime on Patsy Ramsey just because she engaged her daughter in a pastime which she herself enjoyed. Child pageantry may seem like an odd hobby to the uninvolved or the disinterested. However, some people think that there is something immoral about midget football. It all depends on perspective and personal experiences. Bear in mind that boardwalk baby pageants and Easter parades are not exactly all that unusual, nor is there something especially creepy or immoral about them. And yet these are also forms of child pageantry. It is unfortunate that this petty issue has been a source for so much distraction and unwarranted accusation.

• Like 4

Not at all unusual - in America. Those of us on the outside look at the phenomena and go "riiight", and are inherently mistrustful of the Ramseys because of the way pageants are percieved by us as unsual and paedobaiting.

Yes they dressed her up, but they loved her the same as any other parent loves their children and to be a

accused of her death for so many years, well that has just gotta be hell.

• Like 1

After reading all the comments so far, one thing is plain to see. There is still a high-charged emotional flow from everyone about this case. JonBenet was a very pretty little girl, and what happened to her was unfortunate, and perhaps we will never know who did it. But she will never be forgotten. And I have never heard of "touch DNA" but what a leap in technological forensics we have had since her murder. Because of the strong emotional flow her murder invokes in people working on this case, perhaps one day we will bring the killer to justice.

• Like 1

I have always thought it odd that they said it was the Ramsey's fault because they dressed her up or she was a pagent girl. Pedofiles are attracted to children and if the child looks like an adult wouldnt that be a turn off for them ?

I've never thought it had anything to do with the makeup and dresses.

• Like 3