Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 5 votes

No aliens

• Please log in to reply
358 replies to this topic

#1    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

• "Nothing Stays The Same" -Thomas Blueprint

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:13 AM

i belive we will never find anything we considered "living"

i believe only life we will find is more suns and planets

suns and planets are whats alive in our solar system

we are jus earthlings, some fancy fungi that grew on this living planet

"Ignorance has no place in a debate" -Dr. Thomas Blueprint

#2    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,803 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:26 AM

Perhaps a planet is "living" in that it interacts with the rest of the universe through energy and gravity. But myself, I think there is a lot more "fungi" growing out there in the billions of galaxies.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#3    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:48 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 03 April 2013 - 04:26 AM, said:

Perhaps a planet is "living" in that it interacts with the rest of the universe through energy and gravity. But myself, I think there is a lot more "fungi" growing out there in the billions of galaxies.

naw
i think fungi is only an earth thing

i think its no planet like ours

i believe every planet in the universe is  different

Edited by MR.Blueprint, 03 April 2013 - 05:02 AM.

#4    lufia

lufia

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:00 AM

They have a p[ossible alien here, we will soon see the scientific testing once the documentary is out

Edited by lufia, 03 April 2013 - 05:02 AM.

#5    krypter3

krypter3

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

• “My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.” A.A Milne

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:15 AM

There is so much life on earth, it's absolutely absurd that there is not life on other planets.  Whether we are the most advanced civilisation to date or not.  But we've had three major species develop on this planet, the Dinosaurs who were around for millions of years, Neanderthals who granted died out but still evolved into a human like state, and homosapians.  Counting every other species that is on and has existed on our single planet out of an almost endless amount of planets.

If there are indeed there are no aliens, then what a pointless universe and boring universe we live in.

Edited by krypter3, 03 April 2013 - 05:16 AM.

#6    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

If some fancy fungi can grow on this planet, wouldn't it be possible that it can grow on some other planet?

#7    channelingmyself

channelingmyself

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

What do you make of the thousands of testimonials of people who have actually been contacted or at least seen ETs here on this planet?

#8    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

View Postchannelingmyself, on 03 April 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

What do you make of the thousands of testimonials of people who have actually been contacted or at least seen ETs here on this planet?
Most on here  like .. Psycho, Hazz, Waspie, Wearer of hats... they all reckon its swamp gas etc

Edited by Zeta Reticulum, 03 April 2013 - 08:57 AM.

#9    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,405 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:22 AM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 03 April 2013 - 04:48 AM, said:

naw
i think fungi is only an earth thing

i think its no planet like ours

i believe every planet in the universe is  different

Fungi still has to grow and develop. It's nothing magical that just appears out of thin air, and the "spores" as such are abundant throughout space. The problem is not the right condition for life to develop, it is just that everyone is so far away that it takes years just to say hello. I honestly think it is a bit premature to say that there is no other life at all out there.

Scientists scanning a galaxy 12 million light-years away with NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope detected copious amounts of nitrogen containing polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PANHs), molecules critical to all known forms of life.

PANHs carry information for DNA and RNA and are an important component of hemoglobin, the molecule that transports oxygen through the body. They also make chlorophyll, the main molecule responsible for photosynthesis in plants, and – perhaps most importantly – they're the main ingredient in caffeine and chocolate.

"There once was a time that the assumption was that the origin of life, everything from building simple compounds up to complex life, had to happen here on Earth," said study leader Doug Hudgins of Ames Research Center. "We've discovered that some very biologically interesting molecules can be formed outside our earthly environment and delivered here."

LINK

Whilst there is certainly no proof of life outside of this planet to date, I do hope one of the impressive space telescopes we have can find some out there.

NASA Feels the planned James Webb Telescope may well answer this question.

Why do you feel Fungi can only grow here when we have found "earth Like" planets? Can't there be "earth like" fungi as well? Kepler Object of Interest 172.02 seems to be very earth like from what we have seen so far. KOI 172.02 is about 1.5 times the size of earth, and orbits at a distance of around 0.75 astronomical units from its star, meaning that it is about 3/4 the distance from its star that the Earth is from the sun. Specifically, this means that KOI-172.02 orbits around 70 million miles from its star rather than the 93 million miles that the Earth orbits from the Sun. And as a result completes an orbit around its star in 242 Earth days. Seems a decent candidate for extraterrestrial fungi?

But I do agree that every planet is probably somewhat different, but that does not mean some of them are very, very similar and have comparable conditions. With more planets than grains of sand on earth, that seems like some decent odds that something might be out there?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#10    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,405 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

View Postchannelingmyself, on 03 April 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

Thousands have seen ET?

News to me. Thousands of claims of UFO's exist, and many of those have been interpreted as ET, and far too many people fall over themselves hoping these stories are ET, but they are not. They are interpretations, which is not at all the same. Nobody on this planet has ever seen an ET life form. In that sense the OP cannot be proven wrong, whilst it seems unlikely, it is also possible that we are it.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#11    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,405 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostZeta Reticulum, on 03 April 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

Most on here  like .. Psycho, Hazz, Waspie, Wearer of hats... they all reckon its swamp gas etc

You know you guys shot yourselves in this foot with that ignorant comment like 60 years ago. Do you FTB's ever learn?

You ever heard of the esteemed J Allen Hynek? Probably one of the better investigators in past times overall.

In late March 1966, in Michigan, two days of mass UFO sightings were reported, and received significant publicity. After studying the reports, Hynek offered a provisional hypothesis for some of the sightings: a few of about 100 witnesses had mistaken swamp gas for something more spectacular. At the press conference where he made his announcement, Hynek repeatedly and strenuously made the qualification that swamp gas was a plausible explanation for only a portion of the Michigan UFO reports, and certainly not for UFO reports in general. But much to his chagrin, Hynek's qualifications were largely overlooked, and the words "swamp gas" were repeated ad infinitum in relation to UFO reports. The explanation was subject to national derision.

LINK

You have heard about CUFOS I take it? This is the founder that you guys dumped on to feel good about your imaginary disclosure plans.

What's my take on Portage County? Have I called that swamp gas? Just because a bunch of zealots hype up every light in the sky out of ordinary belief does not mean I am not interested in the grains of mystery that lie on that beach of zealous credulity. And indeed, grains they are, and difficult to locate. A BS detector does come in handy though. It helps avoid minefields of credulous terrain.

Posted Image

Edited by psyche101, 03 April 2013 - 09:39 AM.

#12    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 03 April 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

Do you FTB's ever learn?

No, it's what qualifies them as FTB's to begin with.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#13    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,005 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 03 April 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

Thousands have seen ET?

News to me. Thousands of claims of UFO's exist, and many of those have been interpreted as ET, and far too many people fall over themselves hoping these stories are ET, but they are not. They are interpretations, which is not at all the same. Nobody on this planet has ever seen an ET life form. In that sense the OP cannot be proven wrong, whilst it seems unlikely, it is also possible that we are it.
I think hes messing around

#14    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,061 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 03 April 2013 - 04:13 AM, said:

i belive we will never find anything we considered "living"

i believe only life we will find is more suns and planets

suns and planets are whats alive in our solar system

we are jus earthlings, some fancy fungi that grew on this living planet

Bacterial life should be quite common in the universe given that bacteria is very simple and doesn't require much, hell it can live in very hot and very cold conditions on earth.

More complex life, yet still small, would be the second most common, though alot rarer.

Now lets say that a planet with sentient life is a 1 in 10 billion chance of rising up. That would mean there are between 20-40 other sentient species in our Galaxy and millions in the universe.

We most likely won't find sentient ET in our lifetime, perhaps not for a thousand years. But we are most likely find bacterial life, hell most likely on Mars or other planets in our system (or planet sized moons).

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#15    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

View Postkrypter3, on 03 April 2013 - 05:15 AM, said:

There is so much life on earth, it's absolutely absurd that there is not life on other planets.  Whether we are the most advanced civilisation to date or not.  But we've had three major species develop on this planet, the Dinosaurs who were around for millions of years, Neanderthals who granted died out but still evolved into a human like state, and homosapians.  Counting every other species that is on and has existed on our single planet out of an almost endless amount of planets.

If there are indeed there are no aliens, then what a pointless universe and boring universe we live in.

you really think makin us is the goal of the universe
"boring"  because it dont make a bunch of creatures

only thing "living" and only "animals" are on this planet

everything on this planet is unique to this planet.

everything in the solar system is unique to this solar system

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users