Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Still on the way

markdohle

Still on the way

One day a friend complained that I only write about struggle, pain, loss etc. Well I said, writing tends to focus on the more tragic aspects of life. When we feel joy and things go well, it seems right, there is nothing to work through, though thankfulness is in order. It is in struggle that we are forced to ponder, think and for me, as it is true for many, to seek out God's love, healing and grace. In real life, when I am relating to others, I am sort of a clown, when I write; a different side comes to the surface. Which is real? Both are, just like for everyone else. We can be complicated critters at times, but as we age and mature, I believe we can become more simple and childlike. Have not got there yet, still on the way, no doubt till the day I die and perhaps after; I can be very slow on the uptake.

• Like 5

If you are truely happy then you can always write about something funny. Some people write about the worse things in life because it makes them feel better and more fortunate, but when things do go right as you say, there is something to work through and thats sharing it with others.

if more people shared their happier times together instead of pondering about the tragic times, then maybe they would not need to seek out from the alledged "god". i think it would be a better world if people seeked out the love, healing and grace from each other.

If you are truely happy then you can always write about something funny. Some people write about the worse things in life because it makes them feel better and more fortunate, but when things do go right as you say, there is something to work through and thats sharing it with others.

if more people shared their happier times together instead of pondering about the tragic times, then maybe they would not need to seek out from the alledged "god". i think it would be a better world if people seeked out the love, healing and grace from each other.

I see your point but I disagree. There is plenty of humor out there and much of it is good, however when writing about personal inner struggles you find out that it is normal, common and can save people from thinking they are so unique that they don't fit in anywhere. To journal and share has been shown to help those who write and share with others. As for God, well, that is for each to decide upon,, my experience shows me that God is real, love is what we are called to and to face our inner sufferings and demons leads to happiness and freedom. To not do so leads to deeper and greater chaos in life as well as in our cultures. People write for many different reasons, each is good. I have written some humor, but it comes from a different place, and important place for sure but different. Each kind of writing deals with something different and good. Also most of what I write I don't share, in fact I place it in a file with a password on it.

peace

mark

• Like 1

I see your point but I disagree. There is plenty of humor out there and much of it is good, however when writing about personal inner struggles you find out that it is normal, common and can save people from thinking they are so unique that they don't fit in anywhere. To journal and share has been shown to help those who write and share with others. As for God, well, that is for each to decide upon,, my experience shows me that God is real, love is what we are called to and to face our inner sufferings and demons leads to happiness and freedom. To not do so leads to deeper and greater chaos in life as well as in our cultures. People write for many different reasons, each is good. I have written some humor, but it comes from a different place, and important place for sure but different. Each kind of writing deals with something different and good. Also most of what I write I don't share, in fact I place it in a file with a password on it.

peace

mark

i understand.

personal inner struggles differ greatly, some major things can seem minor to others, depending on the struggles they have.

I just think it is a shame that man can not find the love and sharing among each other, some can, but others turn to god. Yes, that is their decision and theirs alone, but I personally would find that as a human among humans, and as a human surrounded by the wonders of nature and all it has to offer, it would seem a very lonely place to be. But please, that is only the way i feel about god, and I respect it is not yours.

Peace.

i understand.

personal inner struggles differ greatly, some major things can seem minor to others, depending on the struggles they have.

I just think it is a shame that man can not find the love and sharing among each other, some can, but others turn to god. Yes, that is their decision and theirs alone, but I personally would find that as a human among humans, and as a human surrounded by the wonders of nature and all it has to offer, it would seem a very lonely place to be. But please, that is only the way i feel about god, and I respect it is not yours.

Peace.

No it is not ;-). God allows me to feel kingship with all men and women, to love and accept them, because we are all made in God's image and likeness and pretty much have the same sufferings and struggles, as well as love and joy. As Christ Jesus said: " Whatever you do to the least, you do to me".

Peace

mark

• Like 1

No it is not ;-). God allows me to feel kingship with all men and women, to love and accept them, because we are all made in God's image and likeness and pretty much have the same sufferings and struggles, as well as love and joy. As Christ Jesus said: " Whatever you do to the least, you do to me".

Peace

mark

You see, why can`t every god follower be as nice as you?

I am not a believer, i am Pagan, but I respect your beliefs, although I will not be sending you a christmas card, lol.

• Like 1

Still on the way

as we age and mature, I believe we can become more simple and childlike. Have not got there yet, still on the way, no doubt till the day I die and perhaps after; I can be very slow on the uptake.

"...as we age and mature, I believe we can become more simple and childlike." That's a lovely theory, Mark; however, I still haven't met a "childlike" aged. Most of the aged I have come to know and had known are/were cranky and a pain-in-the... Those so-called "childlike" ones usually don't admit that they're aged. I must know too many divas and divos -- hmmm?!

This is a curious post because you don't sound like an aged. You're probably my age...

Peace.

Still on the way

One day a friend complained that I only write about struggle, pain, loss etc. Well I said, writing tends to focus on the more tragic aspects of life. When we feel joy and things go well, it seems right, there is nothing to work through, though thankfulness is in order. It is in struggle that we are forced to ponder, think and for me, as it is true for many, to seek out God's love, healing and grace. In real life, when I am relating to others, I am sort of a clown, when I write; a different side comes to the surface. Which is real? Both are, just like for everyone else. We can be complicated critters at times, but as we age and mature, I believe we can become more simple and childlike. Have not got there yet, still on the way, no doubt till the day I die and perhaps after; I can be very slow on the uptake.

I think many people feel encased in pain & struggle, it's good to show that life doesn't have to be that way. Plenty of people write about tragedy, we've all been there, we all know what it feels like. What I love are stories about how people moved beyond that and found their joy & fulfillment. That, it seems to me, is a story worth telling, how to find a way out of pain & struggle. That's a story I want to hear, how someone overcame & triumphed, those are stories that inspire and sometimes educate us.

You see, why can`t every god follower be as nice as you?

I am not a believer, i am Pagan, but I respect your beliefs, although I will not be sending you a christmas card, lol.

I don't like Christmas cards LOL, so that is ok. Sterotypes are the problem, no one actually fits into them, well maybe a little. When two different systems speak to one another, the worst can come out from both sides. The way to overcome that is to listen, and to study others stytems and to not try to change them....never works in any case, never worked for me, so why would I believe it would work for anyone.

Peace

mark

• Like 1

I think many people feel encased in pain & struggle, it's good to show that life doesn't have to be that way. Plenty of people write about tragedy, we've all been there, we all know what it feels like. What I love are stories about how people moved beyond that and found their joy & fulfillment. That, it seems to me, is a story worth telling, how to find a way out of pain & struggle. That's a story I want to hear, how someone overcame & triumphed, those are stories that inspire and sometimes educate us.

I like those stories as well. I believe the sturggle and the overcoming go together, and are often together as we go through life, sort of like a waltz, how it is danced is our attitude. Also I started writing late in life, 50 years old, I am now 64, well I will be on the 3rd, so maybe I am just cleaning house LOL. Always like you imput and also your attitude it does help me.

Peace

mark

Edited by markdohle

I don't like Christmas cards LOL, so that is ok. Sterotypes are the problem, no one actually fits into them, well maybe a little. When two different systems speak to one another, the worst can come out from both sides. The way to overcome that is to listen, and to study others stytems and to not try to change them....never works in any case, never worked for me, so why would I believe it would work for anyone.

Peace

mark

Very true.

the thing is mark we now have forums like this and people do not always come on here to agree with their fellow posters all the time, they come here to express their opinions and no doubt there are going to be some very different ones, and because we are here and not face to face with each other, it takes longer to come to some sort of compromise.

A lot of the time when someone comes on a forum with a theory or idea, its going to take a few heating discussions from many different sides for them to even accept there may be a different side to it, and the best thing about it is reading why others think they are right, but thats the whole fun thing about forums. :w00t:

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Very true.

the thing is mark we now have forums like this and people do not always come on here to agree with their fellow posters all the time, they come here to express their opinions and no doubt there are going to be some very different ones, and because we are here and not face to face with each other, it takes longer to come to some sort of compromise.

A lot of the time when someone comes on a forum with a theory or idea, its going to take a few heating discussions from many different sides for them to even accept there may be a different side to it, and the best thing about it is reading why others think they are right, but thats the whole fun thing about forums. :w00t:

Sure true, but I have been through just about everything the last 14 years LOL.

peace

mark

• Like 1

Sure true, but I have been through just about everything the last 14 years LOL.

peace

mark

me too, and i expect a whole new loads of everything are still out there waiting for me.

me too, and i expect a whole new loads of everything are still out there waiting for me.

LOL, don't worry it will find you ;-).

peace

mark

• Like 1

LOL, don't worry it will find you ;-).

peace

mark

Not without a GPS it won`t, I am wiser now. ;)

"...as we age and mature, I believe we can become more simple and childlike." That's a lovely theory, Mark; however, I still haven't met a "childlike" aged. Most of the aged I have come to know and had known are/were cranky and a pain-in-the... Those so-called "childlike" ones usually don't admit that they're aged. I must know too many divas and divos -- hmmm?!

This is a curious post because you don't sound like an aged. You're probably my age...

Peace.

I am 64 and work with the elderly and dying for the past 30 years, so I disagree with you. Not with the fact that there are cranky people who are old, but most likely they were always that way. How old are you?

Peace

mark

I am 64 and work with the elderly and dying for the past 30 years, so I disagree with you. Not with the fact that there are cranky people who are old, but most likely they were always that way. How old are you?

Peace

mark

It's okay to disagree. I'm sharing with you my limited findings. And yes, I, too, worked with the elderly. As I have said, I still haven't met a child-like elderly. Do you consider yourself an elderly, or a senior? The child-like "elderly" people in my life don't consider themselves as "elderly," and I wouldn't dare call them that...

Peace.

Edited by braveone2u

It's okay to disagree. I'm sharing with you my limited findings. And yes, I, too, worked with the elderly. As I have said, I still haven't met a child-like elderly. Do you consider yourself an elderly, or a senior? The child-like "elderly" people in my life don't consider themselves as "elderly," and I wouldn't dare call them that...

Peace.

Yes I do and I enjoy getting older, even if health problems come with it ;-). It is a journey and I believe that each time of life is important, and get more important as we age. Also, children get very cranky LOL. So I don't mind being a senior citizen....perhaps my faith and my belief that our life is a pilgrimage is one reason.

Peace

Mark

Edited by markdohle

Peace.

Hahaha well... Kids can be cranky and pain in the... In fact as wonderful as they are it's pretty common.

Hahaha well... Kids can be cranky and pain in the... In fact as wonderful as they are it's pretty common.

Especially when they don't get their naps. Hi Seeker79. I get cranky when I don't get my nap -- touche! My napping is part of the "negative psychic release" technique that I do.

Yes I do and I enjoy getting older, even if health problems come with it ;-). It is a journey and I believe that each time of life is important, and get more important as we age. Also, children get very cranky LOL. So I don't mind being a senior citizen....perhaps my faith and my belief that our life is a pilgrimage is one reason.

Peace

Mark

Your probably a saint, Mark, with that kind of an attitude. On the other hand, a dear friend of mine accepted her cancer without a single complaint. Like you, she was a very devout Catholic. To this day, I still have this sadness in my heart everytime I hear healing miracles because she was relatively young when she passed away. Like a good Catholic, she came to me via a vivid dream on the third day after her death. I still get teary eyed everytime I think of her lot in life, nevertheless. She was so generous with her time and money and care. Then again, life is bittersweet, isn't it?

I once believed that life is a pilgrimage and growth. Nowadays, I just try to be "good" and study my life as its story unfolds right before my very eyes, especially the love-interest part. Romantic situations can fluctuate sharply. It certainly keeps me humble. I guess I'm losing my touch. LOL.

Peace.

Your probably a saint, Mark, with that kind of an attitude. On the other hand, a dear friend of mine accepted her cancer without a single complaint. Like you, she was a very devout Catholic. To this day, I still have this sadness in my heart everytime I hear healing miracles because she was relatively young when she passed away. Like a good Catholic, she came to me via a vivid dream on the third day after her death. I still get teary eyed everytime I think of her lot in life, nevertheless. She was so generous with her time and money and care. Then again, life is bittersweet, isn't it?

I once believed that life is a pilgrimage and growth. Nowadays, I just try to be "good" and study my life as its story unfolds right before my very eyes, especially the love-interest part. Romantic situations can fluctuate sharply. It certainly keeps me humble. I guess I'm losing my touch. LOL. Life is bittersweet

Peace.

Pilgrimage is a story, all kinds of challenges yet they all pass, that is except for our reponse which allows us to grow or not. Bittersweet is a good road for what we have to carry, ponder and let go of as we age.

Peace

Mark

Pilgrimage is a story, all kinds of challenges yet they all pass, that is except for our reponse which allows us to grow or not. Bittersweet is a good road for what we have to carry, ponder and let go of as we age.

Peace

Mark

Hello Mark,

When I think of pilgrimage, it conjures up images of purpose, like growth for one. That's not where I'm at nowadays. I just try to accept my life as it unfolds. I prefer the good things, of course, but the horrible events help me to uncover my deeper compassionate sides and the darker ones; however, I don't see the byproducts (or repercussions) as growth inducers. They are what they are. Grace is the moment, itself, and that moment is capable of lasting for a long time. Some say that everything is already inside us waiting to be rediscovered. Growth has nothing to do with it.

Peace.

Paul

Edited by braveone2u

I'm pretty sure the awful stuff in my life made me determined not to ever be a victim, never to give away my personal power, and maybe helped me find my inner strength that I might otherwise never have gotten in touch with. Anyhoo, I like who I am, and every moment of my life brought me to this place, so no regrets, no whining, no sitting on the pity pot. I'm here, alive, survived my childhood, which may have been my greatest achievement. I'm not a kid anymore, I'm in charge of my life, and doing a pretty fine job, I think.