Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Where do athiests think we came from?

• Please log in to reply
461 replies to this topic

#346    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 8,928 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 07 December 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

Gotcha!

I talk rubbish about the Bible telling you how reality works in one if its chapters. You comeback with the above reply showing us you dont know the contents of the Bible.
Actually my reply does show I know what is in the Bible. The Bible does suggest how reality works but the concept of God and spirits working behind the scenes is as laughable as your egocentric world view.

Try using your brain next time.

So despite admitting (by mistake) that you dont know whats in the Bible you insist on telling us it contains rubbish. Another example of your flawed logic.
Making ignorant accusations won't get you anywhere.

All you come out with is a collection of personal assumptions haha
Not once have you supported your statements with anything more than opinions.

"Reality is subjective, reality and the mind are the same thing.".  Juvenile reasoning.

Edited by Rlyeh, 07 December 2012 - 05:48 PM.

#347    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 07 December 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

Not once have you supported your statements with anything more than opinions.

"Reality is subjective, reality and the mind are the same thing.".  Juvenile reasoning.

Funny I thought sensory perception formed a huge part of philosophy.

But then again you do have a selective memory.

#348    Arbenol

Arbenol

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 07 December 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

7. I won the debate pages back but woooosh, its over your head.

You posted this over three hours ago. And you're still arguing 3 pages later.

If you don't even believe yourself, how can you expect anyone else to. :whistle:

#349    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 8,928 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 07 December 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

Funny I thought sensory perception formed a huge part of philosophy.
And?
Members of the flat earth society uses the same sensory perception. This would be quite a problem for one who equates reality with perception.

#350    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

View PostArbenol68, on 07 December 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

You posted this over three hours ago. And you're still arguing 3 pages later.

If you don't even believe yourself, how can you expect anyone else to. :whistle:

Constructing another straw man argument are we?

I caught you out last time you did that and you looked like a fool lol.

#351    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 07 December 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

And?
Members of the flat earth society uses the same sensory perception. This would be quite a problem for one who equates reality with perception.

I dont equate reality with perception.

The reason is reality is perception. This has been shown to you with various links over the years to biologists, neuroscientists, psychologists and even Wiki.

When you argue with intellectuals with PHDs, when you argue against what science tells you on reality, then you are biased. You also change your ideas frequently like a drowning man clutching at straws.

#352    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 07 December 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

What is this so called absolute proof?

Here it is...

Can God create a stone so heavy that He cannot lift it?

If He can then he cannot do all things because He cannot lift the stone He created.

If He cannot create the stone then He cannot do all things.

Absolute logical proof that omnipotence cannot exist in our universe.

Science hasnt got one peice of evidence that God never existed as described in the Bible.

The universe and life that God created as described in the Bible has been shown to be unlike the universe we live in and the life we have discovered.

Example - How do you know the devil didnt drug you and stuff you into a virtual life simulator?

If you have evidence that this has happened, please submit it at once. Or please contact the Martians living in my garage.

No one has a right to hold any idea as truth because you sir are a mere human being incapable of grasping the ultimate truth.

I've been using physical and chemical "truths" for a few decades. They have served me well. Sorry to disappoint you!

#353    Arbenol

Arbenol

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 07 December 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

Constructing another straw man argument are we?

I caught you out last time you did that and you looked like a fool lol.

Yes you did. That's right :tu:

(I can never tell whether sarcasm works when written down)

Edited by Arbenol68, 07 December 2012 - 06:16 PM.

#354    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 8,928 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 07 December 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

When you argue with intellectuals with PHDs, when you argue against what science tells you on reality, then you are biased.
According to you the big bang and evolution didn't occur, you were completely oblivious to the QM interpretations, yet pretending you've studied QM. Who the **** are you trying to fool? About as intellectual as a house plant.

I'm arguing to some fool who ignores science. Please don't call your ridiculous views "science", they are anything but that.

You also change your ideas frequently like a drowning man clutching at straws.
Haha. What? They've always remained the same. You really are sad.

Edited by Rlyeh, 07 December 2012 - 06:24 PM.

#355    Etu Malku

Etu Malku

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

• Mercurian

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 07 December 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:

1. It means you need to talk in Greek philosophy terms to me because I'm Western not Eastern.
2. Reality isnt objective its subjective.
3. Subjective reality and the mind are the same thing.
4. My back is firmly against the wall lol.
1 Right & Left Hand Paths are distinctly of Western origin . . . my label "ignorant" stands (in a pleasant way of course)
2 the subjective universe creates reality, in other words we assign meaning to the objective universe through our subjective universe.
3 it is very close
4 :passifier:

Tarkhem Productions
   IAMTHATIAMNOT

#356    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostC235, on 07 December 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

You are butchering my statements
It was easier to split the statement up as they were two separate sentences (as once again shown below ) you had written..I wanted to address them seperately
Ok, here is your previous statement that I broke down into two parts...

View PostC235, on 07 December 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

History has shown no progress maybe even backing in the field of supernature.  In my theory science will stop not us! though in your theory you can go as far as you please.
As you can clearly see, the above quote  are two separate sentences and anyone can split them up separately to address them...You addressed them to me, so yes I split the two sentences up and addressed each one

So with that  I asked  you - Can you explain  why you feel history has not shown progress ?

And .. What makes you think science will stop?

It is only complex to you.

When someone says- Science will stop.. &  Post up false information saying - History has shown no progress  One makes no sense and the other is a false statement of facts, because history has come a long way and indeed shown progress, everyone knows this.....  There is no point in making such statements, if you cannot follow through..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 07 December 2012 - 07:02 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#357    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

View Postscowl, on 07 December 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

1. Can God create a stone so heavy that He cannot lift it? If He can then he cannot do all things because He cannot lift the stone He created. If He cannot create the stone then He cannot do all things. Absolute logical proof that omnipotence cannot exist in our universe.

2. The universe and life that God created as described in the Bible has been shown to be unlike the universe we live in and the life we have discovered.

3. If you have evidence that this has happened, please submit it at once. Or please contact the Martians living in my garage.

4. I've been using physical and chemical "truths" for a few decades. They have served me well. Sorry to disappoint you!

1. Lets start by asking ourselves what exactly is a stone? (maybe you can list out its properties). Now lets start chipping peices off it and then we can ask ourselves at what point does the stone cease to be a stone? As you cant answer that question it shows that the stone isnt a real object but an idea in your head. The last time I checked ideas dont have mass revealing a logical flaw in your argument. As for science mass has also been shown to be a property of the Higgs Field not atoms.

2. In what ways do you think thats true?

3. Has what happened? You're not being clear enough for me to give an answer.

4. I'm quite well educated in science and whilst theories may allows us to build complicated machines it doesnt mean we should ignore the flaws and baseless assumptions on which they're based.

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 07 December 2012 - 07:07 PM.

#358    C235

C235

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 07 December 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

It was easier to split the statement up as they were two separate sentences (as once again shown below ) you had written..I wanted to address them seperately
Ok, here is your previous statement that I broke down into two parts...

What I have highlighted  ( and originally  put into two parts )  is what I felt needed to be addressed, because you directed them at me

So with that  I asked  you - Can you explain  why you feel history has not shown progress ?

And .. What makes you think science will stop?

When someone says- Science will stop.. &  Post up false information saying - History has shown no progress  One makes no sense and the other is a false statement of facts, because history has come a long way and indeed shown progress, everyone knows this.....  There is no point in making such statements, if you cannot follow through..

More like two half of sentence

"History has shown no progress in the field of supernatural" = "History has shown no progress at all" :blink: Your logic is fascinating I rather you shoot me with your bow rather than Arguing me to dead.

#359    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

View PostC235, on 07 December 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

"History has shown no progress in the field of supernatural" = "History has shown no progress at all"

That's were you are wrong - Paranormal investigations have been carried out numerous times through the use of science - Photography, both still image and video, temperature sensors, motion sensors, EMF meters etc  

Christian scientists will brag that they have come far and claim  that ID  is  proven fact  and they call what they have done - Science !!!! No one has managed to prove the paranormal / supernatural, but  it has never stopped science from trying.. That itself is still progress

You also said - Science will stop !   I ask you  - How so ?

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 07 December 2012 - 07:40 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#360    C235

C235

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 07 December 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

That's were you are wrong - Paranormal investigations have been carried out numerous times through the use of science - Photography, both still image and video, temperature sensors, motion sensors, EMF meters etc  

Christian scientists will brag that they have come far and claim  that ID  is  proven fact  and they call what they have done - Science !!!! No one has managed to prove the paranormal / supernatural, but  it has never stopped science from trying.. That itself is still progress

You also said - Science will stop !   I ask you  - How so ?

You prove my statement by stating I'm wrong!
Science's all attempts were futile in paranormal/supernatural. what does it prove to you?

You are still doing this. How funny. these are 3 words out of our last posts. In case you missed what I wrote "Science reaches its limits where When creation meets Its Creator (God)" for this reason.

Edited by C235, 07 December 2012 - 08:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users