Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA lost thier minds ?

et's daddy

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...showtopic=59203

this thread shows that NASA is making an effort to return to the moon

i wonder why

i mean so many of you have said how pointless it is to return to the moon

so have the folks at NASA lost sight of reality ?

have they finally let those monkeys they sent up take over ?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MID

• et's daddy

• turbonium

• Goingcrazy

maybe they will but my point being so many people here have said a return to the moon is pointless

so either they are wrong

or NASA is

wonder who ?

A few reasons why.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...2600648_pf.html

http://www.space.com/news/moon_top10_031208-1.html

It's alot of cash but I would like to see it happen "again" ;) As for the money NASA needs more cooperation and funding from outside agencies/countries.

Yes NASA has lost their minds:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...showtopic=59497

But to address the moon issue:

We MUST, and fast! China intends to establish the first moon base. We must get there first, or immediately afterwards. A whole new era of colonilization will occur, on top of everything else happening aroung that time.

I think this is just a cry for more of are tax dollars!

Firstly its "our" tax money and even though Bush`s grand space plan has become legislation it doesn`t gurantee that Nasa wll recieve the funding they requite to be successful. Nasa barely recieves enough funding to function as an agency and carry out all its missions in th efirst place. If you really want to whinge about your tax dollars being spent have a look at whats being spent on the war on terror each day. Nasa`s budget compared to that is a drop in the bucket.

That's my point ! the old song and dance (fly me to the moon) .Nasa need's more money. simple straight to the point. try getting blood from a stone?

et's daddy: Humanity needs to come back to the moon, and stablish a permanent (or more) colonie in there. Aside from the comerciall interest, you have one more.

You know the example of the bag of eggs and the rock? if you have a full bag of eggs, and a rock fall, all you eggs broke. But if you have the eggs distribuited in more bags, the other eggs will be ok. We need to expand into the Solar System, and the moon in the first step.

maybe they will but my point being so many people here have said a return to the moon is pointless

so either they are wrong

or NASA is

wonder who ?

Like Nasa is worried about what UM posters are saying :lol:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...showtopic=59203

this thread shows that NASA is making an effort to return to the moon

i wonder why

i mean so many of you have said how pointless it is to return to the moon

so have the folks at NASA lost sight of reality ?

have they finally let those monkeys they sent up take over ?

What exactly is the point of this topic? Are you against them going back?

NASA only has so much man power and funding. They can't do every single mission they want, they need to prioritize. According to the article, they want to use it as a stepping stone to Mars. So it makes since that they have waited this long. It gave them ample time to send unmanned missions to Mars to further study and understand that planet. Learning about Mars is the first step for sending Man there. This seems quite logical to me.

Do you think they should have sent Humans there before robots? I don't.

[edit: spelling mistake]

Edited by Nethius

China is the US's bestest friend they loan us $$$ to fight wars and to go to the moon and just look at all the cheap stuff in wal-mart !!--LOL

yep health care crisis, social-security going broke, no money for FEMA ect ect--lets just spend more billions--no trillions on going back to the moon. boy are we some smart folk--lol

What exactly is the point of this topic? Are you against them going back?

im sorry i want clear

some may know and obviously some dont

ive started threads before about why havent we gone back to the moon

im all for it

think its LONG over due

i think the moon base is a better idea then the space station

1 wrong step on the outside of the base on the moon and you dont fly off into space

and yes i know it doesnt mean you will on thhe space station either, but hey, crap happens

and as for this post i consider it a slight vindication for me and those like me

as earlier in my UM life several others seemed to think i was nuts for wanting NASA to return to the moon

so as i said

either NASA and me are nuts

or they are

Then there is the idea of Helium-3 mining on the Moon to power up future fusion reactors here on Earth.Researchers and space enthusiasts see helium-3 as the perfect fuel source:extremely potent, nonpolluting, with virtually no radioactive byproduct.Scientists estimate there are about 1 million tons of helium-3 on the moon, enough to power the world for thousands of years.

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/helium3_000630.html

Edited by hazzard

Maybe its to show that this time they will actually go to the monn

It's obvious. They are going up there to destroy the moon! It's true! NASA has reason to belive invisible, untouchable aliens live on the moon with a peace loving life style. The US government is not going to stand for this and going up to blast those aliens off the face of the Earth ... uh, I mean moon.

:alien::gun::w00t::lol:

so either they are wrong

or NASA is

wonder who ?

People who say it's pointless haven't a clue as to the benefits space exploration has provided for mankind to date. The benefits of the future exploration of space will be immense and far reaching.

Yes NASA has lost their minds:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...showtopic=59497

But to address the moon issue:

We MUST, and fast! China intends to establish the first moon base. We must get there first, or immediately afterwards. A whole new era of colonilization will occur, on top of everything else happening aroung that time.

Unless of course you simply hold to the belief that no nation abides by its signatures on treaties, there should be little worry about China building a moon base. That will be a long way in the future, likely long after everyone on this forum is long since rotted away.

China is a signatory (along with the U.S, France, Russia, England, and Spain...as well as anyone else who signed it after it was originally ratified in 1967) of the

TREATY ON PRINCIPALS GOVERNING THE ACTIVITIES OF STATES IN THE EXPLORATION AND USE OF OUTER SPACE, INCLUDING THE MOON AND OTHER CELESTIAL BODIES.

...A document that was somewhat poingnantly signed in Washington, D.C. on the very day that the Apollo 1 crew met their demise in the fire at the Cape (today in fact!), and which was witnessed by Astronaut Neil Armstrong, specifically prohibits any territorial claims by participating states, or any place on the moon as national land.

It also prohibits any weapons of mass destruction or military bases being established in space or on any body in space...if in fact that was your worry, or the reason for the rush.

The moon is not available for the establishment of political or military territorial outposts. No one can ever lay claim to any place on the moon in the name of any nation, which is why we didn't do it when we went there in 1969, 1971, and 1972. We came in peace for all mankind sort of said it all.

Edited by MID

People who say it's pointless haven't a clue as to the benefits space exploration has provided for mankind to date. The benefits of the future exploration of space will be immense and far reaching.

well many of them seem to be of the idea that there is nothing on the moon worth going back for

im not sure how they come to that conclusion

seems like an alien coming to earth for the 1st time

landing in a desert

and after looking around for a couple hours, deciding that this planets sucks and leaving and never coming back

doesnt sound right

well many of them seem to be of the idea that there is nothing on the moon worth going back for

im not sure how they come to that conclusion

seems like an alien coming to earth for the 1st time

landing in a desert

and after looking around for a couple hours, deciding that this planets sucks and leaving and never coming back

doesnt sound right

No it doesn't quite sound right...

Unless, of course, they intercepted and understood some of our TV broadcasts while sitting there looking about.

I'd probably leave, and never come back if I were an alien and got a load of some of that stuff :D .

We are going back to the moon because someone told Dubbya there is oil up there. :P

There are actually several good reasons for returning to the moon. We could build a bigger telescope on the moon, one that would be unhampered by the atmosphere, and one bigger than hubble. We could set up a space station there to set up for future space missions. We could experiment with things on the moon that we can't do on

Earth, like growing food in a space environment. If we are ever going to reach the stars, this is a step in the right direction.

We are going back to the moon because someone told Dubbya there is oil up there. :P

There are actually several good reasons for returning to the moon. We could build a bigger telescope on the moon, one that would be unhampered by the atmosphere, and one bigger than hubble. We could set up a space station there to set up for future space missions. We could experiment with things on the moon that we can't do on

Earth, like growing food in a space environment. If we are ever going to reach the stars, this is a step in the right direction.

Yep.

And that just scratches the surface.

The moon has lost all its wonder for most people.

It exausted our ambitions when we couldn't tell if we'd even been there.

It's turned into a dissapointment for a lot of enthusiasts.

In short, let's hurry up and get to mars.

The moon has lost all its wonder for most people.

It exausted our ambitions when we couldn't tell if we'd even been there.

It's turned into a dissapointment for a lot of enthusiasts.

In short, let's hurry up and get to mars.

few problems

ALOT of people werent alive or old enough to remember the last trip to the moon

the moon was never fully explored to saisfy many people

the moon could be a stepping stone to mars