Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Angels Photographed by NASA?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,740 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

Explanations of a processing anomaly that include angels, giant spacecraft and earth destroying asteroids are good examples of why many scientists are against releasing raw data to the public.  Of course, if they don't release raw data then they are accused of covering something up, so damned if you do and damned if you don't.  All the official sites that offer raw data to the public also offer in-depth descriptions (as linked by Hazzard) of what causes these anaomalies and can be good reading themselves.

Edited by Merc14, 12 April 2013 - 02:07 PM.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#17    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,021 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

I've seen some silly subjects in this section before but this is one of the silliest.

That anyone could claim that an image artefact is an angle says a lot about the human capacity to avoid rational thought.

The fact that anyone could take them seriously says a lot about the human capacity for gullibility.

View PostOverSword, on 10 April 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

It seems like if it was some kind of body (asteriod, comet) between the earth and the sun someone would have officially spotted it by now.
Actually you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Between the Earth and Sun is the one place that comets and asteroids are extremely difficult to detect. Firstly, it is a very VERY bad idea to point any telescope close to the Sun (unless, like those on SOHO the are especially designed for the task) as it is a very good way of blinding the detectors (or the astronomer if you are doing things the old fashioned way).

The second problem is that from the Earth (where the vast majority of telescopes and astronomers are based) when the sun is up it is day time. Day time tends not to be the best time for looking for dim astronomical objects.

Besides, who says it is between the Earth and the Sun?

Take a look at this image taken by SOHO on the 11[sup]th April. Does the angel Mars look kind of familiar to you?

Posted Image Posted Image

Mars is just about to go behind the Sun.

NASA has no more photographed an angel than I have photographed pixies in my garden.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#18    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,098 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

View Posts33ker, on 10 April 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

Wow, half the size of the earth! Thats incredible!  That's amazing! Looks like a parasite , but angels sound nicer.Personally my fingers are crossed for  Jesus's long awaited return. :clap:

That, or it was Eric Cartman as the tooth fairy:

Posted Image

#19    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 12 April 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

I've seen some silly subjects in this section before but this is one of the silliest.

That anyone could claim that an image artefact is an angle says a lot about the human capacity to avoid rational thought.

The fact that anyone could take them seriously says a lot about the human capacity for gullibility.

NASA has no more photographed an angel than I have photographed pixies in my garden.

:tu:  Well said,why is it people see angels and demons in everything?I think there are to many haunted heads on this planet haha

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users