Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Republican backlash can undermine Republicans

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    pallidin

pallidin

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,913 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

The current moves by the Republicans to demonize the Democrates will not hold well for them in the long-term.
If this were vica-versa, I would say the same.

Some from the Republican party are distancing themeselves from this high-caliber partisan rhetoric which, to them, has nothing but ONLY to do with the next Presidential election.

How sick.

BTW, I will NOT argue specifics, they have already and will continue to be argued.

I'm just making a statement that I think that partisan politics have come to a new level of total crap.

Argue all you want. I won't. I think it's pathetic.

#2    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

It would be nice for some silence from the militants on both sides.

It's laughed at but, can't we all just get along? :)

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#3    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

They knew too much about flying saucers!

• 27,533 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

View Postpallidin, on 19 May 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

The current moves by the Republicans to demonize the Democrates will not hold well for them in the long-term.

Some from the Republican party are distancing themeselves from this high-caliber partisan rhetoric which, to them, has nothing but ONLY to do with the next Presidential election.

How sick.

BTW, I will NOT argue specifics, they have already and will continue to be argued.

I'm just making a statement that I think that partisan politics have come to a new level of total crap.

Argue all you want. I won't. I think it's pathetic.
By high caliber I suppose you mean in terms of weight of shot, not as in quality, since most of it is as subtle and accurate at hitting its target as an artillery barrage before a WWI battle.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#4    pallidin

pallidin

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,913 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 19 May 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

By high caliber I suppose you mean in terms of weight of shot, not as in quality, since most of it is as subtle and accurate at hitting its target as an artillery barrage before a WWI battle.

You would be correct. Thank you for that clarification for others.. :tu:

Edited by pallidin, 19 May 2013 - 08:02 PM.

#5    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 10,572 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:07 AM

View Postpallidin, on 19 May 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

How sick.

So, calling Mitt Romney a murderer, and flatly stating he's never paid taxes, that wasn't as bad as calling an Administration on their admitted, and lied-about errors?

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Anybody like Coleridge?

#6    preacherman76

preacherman76

Seeker

• 11,626 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

Well anything that hurts either party, Im down with.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#7    Almagest

Almagest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 20 May 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

Well anything that hurts either party, Im down with.

I feel exactly the same about the two big parties in Australia. It reminds me of what Kissinger(I think) said about the Iran-Iraq War; "It's too bad they can't both lose."

Heaven and hell suppose two distinct species of men, the good and the bad. But the greatest part of mankind float betwixt vice and virtue. - David Hume

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users