Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

NM bill criminalizes abortion after rape

gop morons

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

http://usnews.nbcnew...new-mexico?lite

A New Mexico law maker,a woman no less ,wants to pass a bill criminalizing abortion ,after rape or incest ,claiming the baby is evidence of the rape ,ergo ,its destruction of evidence .
She works with pro lifers ,and doesn't say what to do with the unwanted child after its born .

Can we say ,MORON .

Miss me?

#2    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,987 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 25 January 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

http://usnews.nbcnew...new-mexico?lite

A New Mexico law maker,a woman no less ,wants to pass a bill criminalizing abortion ,after rape or incest ,claiming the baby is evidence of the rape ,ergo ,its destruction of evidence .
She works with pro lifers ,and doesn't say what to do with the unwanted child after its born .

Can we say ,MORON .
I don't think "moron" here but "lawyer."

#3    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,294 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

ohh boy....

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#4    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

The world is insane.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#5    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,294 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

View PostJeffertonturner, on 25 January 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

The world is insane.
not the world, just the majority of people in it.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#6    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

She's labelling a baby 'evidence'!!!! :hmm:
And what happens to the 'evidence' after a trial?

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#7    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

What a sick twist of logic.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#8    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,126 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

These darn women, acting as if they have some kind of right over their own bodies <*insert extreme sarcasm*.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#9    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,549 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

I believe her explanation behind the bill was to deter forced abortions on the part of the perpetrators of rape or incest - forcing the daughter you raped to get an abortion to destroy evidence for example.

Does that change anyone's mind about this?  Is this a veiled attack on abortion rights or simply a very poorly conceived piece of legislation?

UPDATE: 12:25 p.m. -- Brown said in a statement Thursday that she introduced the bill with the goal of punishing the person who commits incest or rape and then procures or facilitates an abortion to destroy the evidence of the crime.
“New Mexico needs to strengthen its laws to deter sex offenders,” said Brown. “By adding this law in New Mexico, we can help to protect women across our state.”

http://www.huffingto..._n_2541894.html

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#10    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,281 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Leave it to a lawyer to focus on one tiny detail of a case, ignoring all other implications.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#11    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,549 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

And folk accuse the NRA of an all-or-nothing approach to guns - the same can be said about the pro-abortion folks.

http://www.foxnews.c...test=latestnews

A New Mexico state legislator is under fire for a proposal critics say could lead to felony charges against rape victims seeking an abortion, but the legislator maintains the measure is being misrepresented.

Rep. Cathrynn Brown, a Republican from Carlsbad, said Thursday she will revise the bill, which she said was intended to target perpetrators of rape or incest who try to cover their tracks by forcing their victims to have abortions.

The bill's language states that the crime "shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime."

Although the clause regarding intent would seem to preclude rape victims from being charged, several critics read the bill as possibly including them. Brown said she will clarify the language to remove any ambiguity.

New Mexico's Democratic Party chairman calls it an "atrocious piece of legislation."

Brown is an attorney who sits on the state Legislature's Judiciary Committee. She was not immediately available when contacted Thursday by FoxNews.com.

Edited by Rafterman, 25 January 2013 - 04:56 PM.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#12    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

• Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

I don't get it. Can't they run DNA testing on the aborted fetus as evidence of the crime?

It seems having the victim of a sexual assault carry an unwanted and unplanned baby to term, then give birth is ,IMO, just down right cruel. It seems once again the victim is the one being punished.

With idiots like lawyer Brown in power, its no wonder our judicial system is so screwed up.

#13    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,809 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

I'm not sure about this, but aren't medical personnel supposed to report violence crimes to the police? Like if they are supposed to report when they suspect dad is smacking the crap out of a kid or starving them, wouldn't rape and forced abortion count like that?

#14    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 25 January 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

I don't think "moron" here but "lawyer."

Synonymous then

Miss me?

#15    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

View Postrashore, on 25 January 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

I'm not sure about this, but aren't medical personnel supposed to report violence crimes to the police? Like if they are supposed to report when they suspect dad is smacking the crap out of a kid or starving them, wouldn't rape and forced abortion count like that?
Violence against minors is supposed to be reported, .Rape of an adult ,which would be covered under this ,not necessarily .

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users