Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

6yr old found dead under tarp at intersection

ouija ouija

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2354825/Alanna-Gallagher-6-dead-tarp-Saginaw-Texas.html

Poor little mite. I feel sorry for the teens who found her, too.

This case interests me already because of the odd timeline: tarp seen in the road at noon by some people living nearby; police informed at 7:30pm; a mile and a half away, the little girl's father is just beginning to look for her at 9pm!

• Like 1

omg.... horrific is not enough of a word to describe what has happened to this little girl. I'm soo sorry.

Heart wrenching....

There is something not right with this story....

It first read - Her body was found around 7.30pm Monday night......Later in the same article, it then reads...

Neighbors said her father started looking for her about 9pm Tuesday - an hour and a half after he body was found.

Perhaps just some misprint?

Then I noticed something else....

How the little girl was best described by those who knew her...They say....

Neighbors identified the child as Alanna Gallagher. They recalled how the curious girl with 'curly brown hair and a constant smile' loved to play alone outside in her front yard - but was cautious to always tell strangers they had to keep away.

It then reads a word from her mother, who was noted not looking worried.... The girls mother says....

Derinda recalls the mother saying: 'I bet she’s over at a neighbor’s home. She always does this.

This seemed a tad strange to me, considering how the neighbors claimed she was a little girl who played alone and was cautious of strangers.....So if she always played alone, and her mom ( noted not worried much at the time ) claiming the child was always at a neighbors home? .....................Maybe I am reading too much into it, but it did raise a flag...!!

This was a shocking and sad story... My heart goes out to the little girl, but also to the kids who found the poor little thing... One of the boys fall to his knees and broke down...I really pity him, poor guy...This has disturbed him...

I hope Teaxs is a state with HARSH penalties for this kind of vile crime...I hope they catch who done it and I hope they face hell ...

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

The poor little thing, it always blows me away people are capable of doing such a despicable thing to a child, they are completely defenseless. They'll never get to experience anything remotely close to a full life.

But these parents should be charged with at least child neglect. First of all, who let's a six year old girl play alone outside, and i believe it said also in neighbouring streets..? And some residents said they first saw the tarp there at around 12pm, so she would have been abducted and killed even before that, for arguements sake, lets say 11am... So it only occurs to the father to go search for her after at least 10 hours by herself, alone on the streets?? Something seems seriously suss here.

• Like 2

The poor little thing, it always blows me away people are capable of doing such a despicable thing to a child, they are completely defenseless. They'll never get to experience anything remotely close to a full life.

But these parents should be charged with at least child neglect. First of all, who let's a six year old girl play alone outside, and i believe it said also in neighbouring streets..? And some residents said they first saw the tarp there at around 12pm, so she would have been abducted and killed even before that, for arguements sake, lets say 11am... So it only occurs to the father to go search for her after at least 10 hours by herself, alone on the streets?? Something seems seriously suss here.

I completely agree with you...It is so strange.. Its one of the saddest stories I have read to date...

Why would the father start looking for his "missing" daughter 2 and A half hours after this?

Its obvious he killed his own daughter but who knows. This world is full of sick people killing their own children :(

It's very unusual circumstances that her body was dumped in that location and in daylight.

The neighborhood in which she lived is adjacent to the one in which her body was found, and I think that shows that the perp is likely young, and definitely lived in the vicinity of those two neighborhoods.

It's very unusual circumstances that her body was dumped in that location and in daylight.

The neighborhood in which she lived is adjacent to the one in which her body was found, and I think that shows that the perp is likely young, and definitely lived in the vicinity of those two neighborhoods.

I'm not sure if she was dumped there on purpose or whether the body rolled from the back of the green truck the police are looking for.

Newspaper reports are written/reported so horribly any more, hard to know for sure what was what.

But it would be sad if the parents lack of supervision did make it easier for her to be preyed upon. Maybe even chosen earlier.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if she was dumped there on purpose or whether the body rolled from the back of the green truck the police are looking for.

I don't know how the body would roll off a truck, but it's indeed very strange that if the perp had a vehicle that he would purposefully dump the body there, regardless of the time of day or night.

I've read a few more articles on the case and I've listened to the 9-1-1 call from the father of one of the teens who found the body and he told the operator that the body was in a black trash bag.

That she was tied indicates that she was held alive for a certain period of time, and that he body was in a trash bag suggests she was killed in a home. I think the fact that she was quickly killed and dumped suggests that for some reason (even though he had a home) the perp had to be immediately rid of the body.

Apparently, the father told a neighbor that he'd last seen her around 5:00pm.

Newspaper reports are written/reported so horribly any more, hard to know for sure what was what.

My ex g/f got in a tragic auto accident and the media nerfed both her age and her name. Details are reported wrongly all the time.

But these parents should be charged with at least child neglect. First of all, who let's a six year old girl play alone outside, and i believe it said also in neighbouring streets..?

Sorry, the article specifies repeatedly the girl was abducted from her home.

Its obvious he killed his own daughter

:blink:

• Like 1

Witnesses can say where they last saw the little girl- or where she was last known to have been, but I they can't know conclusively where she was abducted from unless they actually witnessed it.

Edited by regi

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2359353/Alanna-Gallagher-Parents-dead-girl-6-naked-tarp-street-polyamorous-relationship-man.html

Bit of an update: the parents are in a 'polyamorous' relationship with another man who lives with them ...........

omg, god bless this angel, taken way to soon, i hope her story will come out and whoever did this gets a good hard beating

Yeah it does sound a bit suss. I was usually asleep by 9pm when I was six, let alone be out that late without my parents knowing where I was.

• Like 2

I don't have a link, but the only news is that authorities have obtained DNA samples, including samples obtained from those in the neighborhood of where the body was found, so apparently, the status of the case that they're testing and awaiting results.

Apart from that, there are no new leads/news reported.

• Like 1

Double post edited.

Edited by Jennifer_P

Nothing seems right in this case. Have they talked to the guy who lived with them?

Nothing seems right in this case. Have they talked to the guy who lived with them?

The "guy" is the little girl's biological father, and yes, they've talked to him.

The "guy" is the little girl's biological father, and yes, they've talked to him.

There are two guys living with the mother, in a 'polyamorous' relationship.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2372734/Alanna-Gallagher-Memorial-6-year-old-daughter-polyamorous-parents-murdered-piece-tarp-set-ablaze-vandals-family-car.html

The car belonging to the little girl's family has been set on fire and so has a little street 'memorial' that was set up for her.

The police have released photos of two cars seen in the area at the time the child went missing.

• Like 1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2375785/Prime-suspect-Alanna-Gallagher-murder-Saginaw-Taylor-Holder-creepy-weird.html

Things have moved on dramatically: suspect has been shot in the head during arrest, plus one police officer shot(not fatally).

• Like 1

http://www.dailymail...family-car.html

The car belonging to the little girl's family has been set on fire and so has a little street 'memorial' that was set up for her.

The police have released photos of two cars seen in the area at the time the child went missing.

Ohh my word.. I am speechless...

• Like 1

Apparently he was a suspect right from the day the little girl was found.

The arson probably is by religious fanatics trying to make a statement about the parents poly-amorous relationship, forgetting about the real issue at hand, the murder of the little girl. To me, any human being that would take a child's life in the name of their own sick desires or in any way, for that matter, is a heinous monster and the fact that the monster is free out weighs any other matter in this particular situation.

The police have, thus-far, cleared all 3 adults; polygamous or not. They always keep specific pieces of information from their investigation secret from the public so, they know more than they are letting on.

I'm just hoping that the monster is caught soon and in a case that is tight so that the monster gets what's due... which, in Texas, is death.

• Like 1