Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trees save 850 lives a year

FollowTheTrail

''No, trees won't be thrusting out their collective branches to gently catch the next unlucky skydiver with a defective parachute, but they have been cleaning our air. The US Forest Service has just released a report that says that the worlds trees are saving an estimated 850 human lives a year by preventing acute respiratory symptoms...''

http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/8259/20140725/trees-save-850-lives-year.htm

We all know that trees are vital not only for our lives, but for everything that lives on our planet. I came across this intriguing article and i thought it would be nice to share it with you..!

• Like 1

I thought attributing trees to saving just 850 lives a year would be a little mean. Every person who survived a cold night because they had a campfire or fireplace, every person who lived another day because there were fruit and nuts available to consume and I left the best for last - every person who ever needed to breathe.

• Like 3

Does this report detail how many vampires a year are killed by stakes originating from trees?

• Like 3

I thought attributing trees to saving just 850 lives a year would be a little mean. Every person who survived a cold night because they had a campfire or fireplace, every person who lived another day because there were fruit and nuts available to consume and I left the best for last - every person who ever needed to breathe.

As mentioned in the article, these stats (850 lives saved and 670,000 incidents preventioned per year) equal only 1 percent of the trees' beneficial powers (as for the pollution removal). So, that means that trees are far more useful to our health! :yes:
  • Like 3

Does this report detail how many vampires a year are killed by stakes originating from trees?

lol, nope! I guess a new report should be made for that subject! :whistle:

....and falling trees kill how many people a year....?

Would you take 'i don't know' for an answer? :whistle:
  • Like 2

Would you take 'i don't know' for an answer? :whistle:

i would indeed!

i guess if no-one was around to hear them.....

;-)

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 2

Very relevant to some current stuff with me lately.

In some heavily forested places in the world, like New Guinea, trees are responsible for most of the natural deaths, and coconuts, falling from trees up 70-80 feet tall, account for about 50% of deaths. Read this some years ago, don't remember the source.

• Like 2

What I do not understand is that global warming supporters demand action from us to curb warming. However I do not see any great campaigns to plant trees coming out of their ranks. Why do you suppose that is? There is a massive amount of research about how tree diminish pollution around power and chemical plants, and help with warming issues. If these warmists were so concerned, they would be planting trees in HUGE tree planting campaigns. I just don't understand why they are not doing it. I am planting new trees just about ever year, while I am NOT a warmist.

I think that the global warming issue is a viral memetic infection, an attack or manipulation on some susceptible human minds. I think power-brokers use memetic infections to manipulate the population. Once you know this, you are no longer it's prey.

This has been the coolest summer I can ever remember. But oh, now global warming is called "climate change" to take into account the cool weather. Hey warmists, if you are progressive enough to support Darwin, I have one thing to say to you: ADAPT!

Edited by regeneratia

In some heavily forested places in the world, like New Guinea, trees are responsible for most of the natural deaths, and coconuts, falling from trees up 70-80 feet tall, account for about 50% of deaths. Read this some years ago, don't remember the source.

WOW

A good portion of my trees (And bushes) fruit. That is also life-saving. Better then getting your fruit from some unknown originator.

• Like 1

In some heavily forested places in the world, like New Guinea, trees are responsible for most of the natural deaths.

i knew it!

trees! vicious bs'tards the lot of 'em.

turn your back on 'em for a second and they'll have yer!

kill 'em all before they rise up and take over!!

• Like 2

We live on the border of state game lands that are loaded with trees. The last few years we needed to take down quite a few on our property since they grew and presented a danger to our house. Mostly oaks and I hated to remove them but the risk to keep them was to great...

The number doubtless dropped when logging was curtailed back in the early 1990's. We outsourced our logging deaths overseas.

• Like 2

Living in the Pacific North West on the wet side of the mountains, I see a lot of trees. And I'm thankful for them. And it constantly amazes me that people live in places where there are not a lot of trees. What do they have to look at? Brown treeless hills? Endless brown/green flatlands? Uhhhh.... I couldn't do it.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

Well since trees take in carbon dioxide and give off oxygen, we could also post this under the Say Something Obvious thread in the Fun and Games section: Nothing is better for our breathing than oxygen.

Well since trees take in carbon dioxide and give off oxygen, we could also post this under the Say Something Obvious thread in the Fun and Games section: Nothing is better for our breathing than oxygen.

that's only when they photosynthasise Sara, when it's dark they breathe oxygen & expell CO2....

Atlast a Epic Article rather than making Artificial trees or Leafs or whatsoever!!! Nothing replaces Nature and it always finds a Way......

• Like 1

Nothing replaces Nature and it always finds a Way......

Couldn't agree more! :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

how about re-naming this topic to Trees saves life of 7 billion people on Earth + a gazillion other creatures every second, giving them oxygen?

Edited by qxcontinuum