Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 5 votes

1960 Evil Overpass ! Humble, TX

• Please log in to reply
671 replies to this topic

#646    boneyardwolf

boneyardwolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:19 PM

View Postolehumblejames, on 24 October 2011 - 11:04 PM, said:

Hey there, my name is James, I actually come from this area of Humble and thought I would share some pretty interesting information I acquired while researching / Investigating the Overpass, Cemetary, Church, and Dollar theatre. I haven't gotten to read too many new posts since i'm in a bit of a rush right now however, so sorry if I seem to just butt in.

About 3 Years ago, maybe 4, Me and my friend Abraham decided to research the area before going, and we did so by talking to some friendly folks at the old humble museum, figuring that they would have at least a little information on the hauntings or whatever. We even brought a video camera to film us talking to the woman who had the info. She did confirm that the cemetary was haunted and gave us a story a woman told her who went, we believe she was speaking of herself. She said the woman drove behind the home depot (DIRECTLY in front of the cemetary) to check out the woods, didnt walk in. She heard a little girl calling for her Mommy over and over...and the voice seemed to get closer each time. She looked in her car thinking her little girl may have snuck in, but no girl was there. She then decided to leave.

Upon asking her about the church in or near the woods, she QUICKLY shot it down saying "what church? There was never a church, and you should never go in those woods." VERY sternly. Then she refused to talk any more about the subject.

We decided to check out the cemetary mid day so we could get a basic layout. So we followed the tracks into the woods, about 100 yards in. Then we decided to enter (with video camera in hand). We had to climb through this VERY old barbed wire fence, kept walking, wondering if we should not go much further with the indication of it being someones property. But we continued. We came across what seemed to be a small shanty villiage (Which happens to be about 100-200 yards from the edge of the graveyard to the north. We stopped to check if anyone was there. Nothing. As we continued towards the shanty, I saw what appeared to be a dead body on top of a very old and worn down mattress. We both stopped dead in our tracks, and abe zoomed in on it to try and see it. No movement. So I went on towards it, not listening to his warning about not doing so. He stayed put. I got close enough to see the body when i stepped on a twig and woke him up. He was NOT dead. (but it does get weird). When he heard the snapping of the twig the man almost zombie like, raised up and looked in my direction VERY QUICKLY. Not human-like. Most people will look around, or slowly get up while asking "whos there". Not him. He shot up, looked at us. And began SPRINTING towards us. So we ran straight the hell out of those woods, onto the tracks, and back towards the theatre. (We also noticed a large amount of animal bones on the tracks, and not native animals. ??? )

That was our first time.
We went to the cemetary SEVERAL more times with more people and equipment on many other occasions. Some things I have to share and will go into later...

Paranormal Sightings by Me, Abraham, and others...

- Flying orb in and around the trees, usually spotted while you are standing outside the woods looking towards the gates of the cemetary. We can never spot it when we try to find it, however. Its the size of a basketball or bigger, kind of light blue/ white, and very bright.

-Shadow man under the overpass. We see his shadow EVERY time jump from pillar to pillar, sometimes even on the trains that may stop there. And on one occasion, we saw a dark character on top of a moving train running quickly. Just sit under the overpass, he'll come.

-Corpse girl. Verified. Not on a bench or near this broken down church. There is a new church right outside the gates to the right a few meters down where we always park our car. One night after getting scared and running out and back to the car, as I sat in the back seat behind passenger i looked out the window only to see this pale, white, very dead looking woman with dark hair and eyes staring seemingly into my soul. I didn't speak for the rest of the night I was so shocked. (And this was after one of our flashlights fell to pieces in our buddy's hand after hearing a noise in a bush, which is why we ran. and it was a good flashlight).

-Footsteps behind and around you. With all those leaves and sticks on the ground, its hard not to hear people walking around the woods. Each time (almost) we visit these woods we hear them. Thats what does it for some people we have brought. Some can't take it. Its just plain menacing.

-Little girl playing in woods, or calling for mommy. We've heard her ourselves. She is a huge reason why we get freaked out so often when we are there. We could not find a tombstone with any little girl on it, but those woods are said to just take people (Uncovered bodies, or murders). We even found a pair of childrens shoes near this collapsed building right on the edge of the cemetary.

-The feeling your being watched, and touched while you are there. Even under the overpass, or anywhere in the general area. This will happen. So many times have one of us felt someone touch us on our shoulder or the feeling of fingers through our hair, sometimes as if someone grabs you by your shirt. We've never been physically attacked though.

-COLD. The cemetary is several degrees colder than the temperature outside of it, a very common thing for any haunted area. And it's still. very still. You can even almost smell the bodies. The smell inside the cemetary is its own. I cannot explain this phenomenon.

-TECHNOLOGY GLITCHES. I've come here several times with my digi camera, with full batteries...and within minutes of being inside the cemetary, they're out. The flashlight that fell apart in one of our friends hands. And the creepiest thing to ever happen was during mid-day. Me and 2 others were wondering the woods searching for the church or anything of interest. We were deep in these woods. Our friend Julian had no signal on his cell phone, yet at one point his phone rang, and the id said "unknown." This is 100% true, although i lack the evidence, i'll go on to tell you. When he answered all he heard was static. very loud, and very scary. He dropped his phone, and I picked it up. I heard the same noise. So i hung it up, and gave it back to him. It rang again with same results. Over and over, about 5-6 times. Julian never went with us again.

These are some of my experiences in the Woods and tracks. I have more for the dollar theatre, but I lack time right now to explain.

I'm currently in New York, however im returning to Houston very soon and would like to put together a team to re-investigate these grounds, If you're interested email me. Please respond if you have had any similar experiences. I did not believe in ghosts or spirits before I went to this cemetary.

One last note, I hear sometimes a ghost/spirit can follow someone?
If anyone knows anything on this subject i'd like to hear it, because following me going to this place, my room at my parents had some pretty strange things happen in it, until we repainted and fixed it up. Sometimes, I feel like i'm being followed by something from the overpass.
I even woke up once paralyzed, with a dark figure standing over me, felt like someone was holding me down by my throat. I know this is sleep paralysis. But its seemed to be a bit more for me...
I went to the cemetery in 2009. My batteries died in my camera which does not ever happen, this was early in the morning. There are many homeless living in the woods around the cemetery so be careful, it is dangerest for just that reason. Never have been at night, bad idea.  Historical Paranormal
Thanks, George E. Wolf Jr.

#647    Scarlett74

Scarlett74

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:01 AM

Hi. Sorry to be a bit off the subject here but I live in the Kingwood/Atascocita area by Upper Lake and W. Lake Houston. I haven't lived here very long, only about a year. I'm curious to know about the woods (pre subdivision) in this area and if they have local reputation of being haunted. What are the urban legends, if any, about the area. I haven't noticed or seen anything strange personally but have gotten uneasy feelings walking around my neighborhood or even my yard at night. Maybe I'm psyching myself out or is there something more?

#648    Ghostbuster4hire

Ghostbuster4hire

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

• Who Ya Gonna Call?!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

I live down the street from there, and have investigated many times and the claims are nothing but old fairy tales the end.

Back off man... I'm a scientist

#649    OriginalGuest

OriginalGuest

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

View PostGhostbuster4hire, on 15 March 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

I live down the street from there, and have investigated many times and the claims are nothing but old fairy tales the end.

Thank you. All the people perpetuating these myths need to calm down and show some respect. The cemetary is barely there as it is; the last thing it needs are even more teenagers and "ghost hunters" tramping through.

God, this thread right here is an example of why we can't have nice things.

#650    Candy Cigs

Candy Cigs

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:18 AM

Whats up guys, first time poster here...

So we went out to the church tonight. We didnt experience anything but a heavy vibe when we pulled up next to the church. We didnt get out the car at this time cause cops where all over 1960 tonight. What we found that was strange is the cameras and "No Trespassing" signs on the church.. Funny cause aren't churches suppose to be inviting?? We ended up parking in a strip center and walked the train tracks a bit.. at one point my group got a little ways away from me and my nerves shot up fast, like something was watching me.. once i got with my group I was fine, so im just gunna chalk that up to me getting freaked out that I was by myself lol.

#651    Lesionia

Lesionia

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 188 posts

• Evil is among us and opresses us, thats when we do good.

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:07 PM

I dont think it is evil, but rather a bunch of really angry spirits. I mean when a body is put to rest, it should stay there and not be moved! Not to mention the energy is still there.

#652    Adnank038

Adnank038

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:54 AM

I live by 1960 and veterans memorial. I wanted to go this place to investigate and see for my self if these stories are true. If any1 is willing to go with me then msg me. I kinda wanted to go with a group of people. Email me at adnank038@gmail.com

#653    OriginalGuest

OriginalGuest

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

View PostCandy Cigs, on 03 June 2012 - 07:18 AM, said:

Whats up guys, first time poster here...

So we went out to the church tonight. We didnt experience anything but a heavy vibe when we pulled up next to the church. We didnt get out the car at this time cause cops where all over 1960 tonight. What we found that was strange is the cameras and "No Trespassing" signs on the church.. Funny cause aren't churches suppose to be inviting?? We ended up parking in a strip center and walked the train tracks a bit.. at one point my group got a little ways away from me and my nerves shot up fast, like something was watching me.. once i got with my group I was fine, so im just gunna chalk that up to me getting freaked out that I was by myself lol.

You mean the storage facility where Golf 'N Games used to be?

Anyway, there's some douche tagging all the poles and bridges in the area, so if you see him bust out a drop-kick or something. He has it coming.

#654    Crosby

Crosby

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

Anyone gone out there recently?

For what I can tell by just passing by, the golf place- which became a church - and now a storage facility has been cleaned up and repainted which has decreased the "scary looking" factor it once had. It's gated but after passing by several times yesterday, there is very little human activity.

The old Dollar theatre is in a shopping strip that you would least expect to have paranormal activity. The buildings are not as old as you would expect and they been upkeeping with the maintenance and groundwork. There is a Chuck cheese on one side , office Depot on one side but invent other side all building except for Petco are abandoned.
There are other stores further down the strip but that whiole parking lot , about half the size of a highschool stadium, is indeed deserted looking. Still when u think of haunted you think of old buildings, broken windows etc. The Dollar theatre looks well kept.

I only saw the rail road tracks by driving bye. The sharp U turn at it's point can let you see how people are going in .trees are getting enormous and diffinately will need you to carry something to protect u against snakes or wild dogs by woods. Out of the 3 places , just by driving and observing, the woods is the one that let out the most chills. Going in, I was much more concentrated on the building thatbwas once the golf course/ church but I didn't get any psychic feeling there. The tracks however gave off very emotional readings. Not as evil as one presumes once reading everyones comments. The readings I felt were those of deep deep sorrow and regret. I would like to look further into this. Any takers?

#655    dfilesmayne

dfilesmayne

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:12 AM

View PostCrosby, on 16 October 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

Anyone gone out there recently?

For what I can tell by just passing by, the golf place- which became a church - and now a storage facility has been cleaned up and repainted which has decreased the "scary looking" factor it once had. It's gated but after passing by several times yesterday, there is very little human activity.

The old Dollar theatre is in a shopping strip that you would least expect to have paranormal activity. The buildings are not as old as you would expect and they been upkeeping with the maintenance and groundwork. There is a Chuck cheese on one side , office Depot on one side but invent other side all building except for Petco are abandoned.
There are other stores further down the strip but that whiole parking lot , about half the size of a highschool stadium, is indeed deserted looking. Still when u think of haunted you think of old buildings, broken windows etc. The Dollar theatre looks well kept.

I only saw the rail road tracks by driving bye. The sharp U turn at it's point can let you see how people are going in .trees are getting enormous and diffinately will need you to carry something to protect u against snakes or wild dogs by woods. Out of the 3 places , just by driving and observing, the woods is the one that let out the most chills. Going in, I was much more concentrated on the building thatbwas once the golf course/ church but I didn't get any psychic feeling there. The tracks however gave off very emotional readings. Not as evil as one presumes once reading everyones comments. The readings I felt were those of deep deep sorrow and regret. I would like to look further into this. Any takers?

im down. anytime. i live very close by and actually im going in a couple of hours to see it. Please use the site's PM function. Don't publically post your private e-mail.

Edited by Lilly, 01 June 2013 - 12:54 AM.
private info removed

#656    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:47 AM

View Postdfilesmayne, on 01 June 2013 - 12:12 AM, said:

im down. anytime. i live very close by and actually im going in a couple of hours to see it. email me anytime at did not quote email addy

The poster you're replying to hasn't posted in this thread since oct 2012.

#657    ellikornuto

ellikornuto

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:57 AM

Edited by ellikornuto, 10 June 2013 - 01:57 AM.

#658    Crosby

Crosby

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:35 AM

I past by the dollar theatre and dang has it been messed up. It's the only suite that isn't well kept.

#659    JimiS82

JimiS82

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

Ok, I think I'm confused... Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the Old Dollar Theatre, new cemetary location, and old church location were all in the same area? I have never checked it out for myself, but I was guessing that they are near the 1960 overpass that also goes over the hardy toll road, or am I thinking of the wrong area?

#660    Crosby

Crosby

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

Dollar theatre is on the opposite side of the freeway.  At one point they were in walking distance. When a over pass was constructed the cemetery was undug and the bodies were then re buried about 3 miles away. The dollar theatre is said to be right on top of the "Original " Cemetary .

If you're familiar with Humble, the dollar theatre building is next to a " dress for less" clothing store, Driving class, and Burkes outlet.

1960 Runs parallel to that strip and across is Home depot, Old Navy, Best buy, Marshalls and so on. The cemetery ends up being right behind Homedepot. But that's not where the bodies were originally put to rest. When the 1960/59 overpass was built, they had to remove the coffins. Some remained in the strip where the theatre/chuck e cheese strip is at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users