Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Worst movie list

Omnaka

Hi all, I just watched one that ranks up there with some of the worst movies I've ever seen, (Cowboys and Aliens) What is your idea of a worst movie?

Love Omnaka

I was also quite dissapointed with Cowboys and Aliens. It actually started off to be a pretty good Western style movie with a good plot. But the Alien twist to it was too bizarre. Especially with the Native American Indian thing thrown in. Just too " Over the Top "

Cabin Fever... that was just pointless

Howard The Duck

Any James Bond flick...

Superman lV Quest for peace..

Godfather part 3

Scary Movie

Street Fighter

There's something about Mary

Transformers...Revenge of the fallen

Jaws - The Revenge.. .........After watching this.. I wanted to throw my remote at the telly... !!

Gigli

Catwoman

Indiana Jones and the temple of doom...

Anything that Madonna appeared in

Edited by Beckys_Mom

If you have seen it, there would be no need to list any others.

http://www.theroommovie.com/

Such a disaster, the attempt at a serious drama was seen as a comedy, so the Producer/Director/Writer/Lead Actor Tommy Wiseau tried to re-market it as a "black comedy". :lol:

Has a devoted cult following of people who find it one of the unintentionally funniest movies ever made; of which I am one. :wub:

Edited by Jerry Only

Watch The Room drunk and it becomes 10x more hilarious. It's not even bad or worse... It's just beyond terrible.

Cowboys and Aliens looked awesome, had great people in it and yet it kicked my dog. People who make and star in movies that bad should be publicly shamed and exiled. :no:

Anything by the late (not-so-great) Ed Wood...

While perhaps not the worst ever, these are 'dis-honorable mention' (IMO)

Eraserhead (actually drove into town during a tornado 'attack' to watch ANYTHING else but this turkey...)

The Life Aquatic

Lost in Translation

(I thought Bill Murray was supposed to be funny?)

Starship Troopers (If I hadn't been such a huge fan of the book the movie would have been mostly tolerable - )...

Most of Will Ferrells movies... (see note on Bill Murray)...

The worst movie I know is this German masterpiece: 'Daniel der Zauberer' or 'Daniel the Wizard'. It actually hit the big screens here in Germany, without any success whatsoever. I think it was only on for a week, or maybe even two.

Here is the trailer, and please pay special attention to the song at the end, sung by the lead actor. Nice voice, ay?

One quote from the trailer: "The story of a young man who moved out to learn fear, and discovered in the middle of Winter, that there is an invincible Summer inside of him." :blink: Alright.

Funny how one person's terrible movie is another's tolerable, good, or great movie. It sort of shows how useless movie critics are. I agree with some of the titles listed above, while others are movies I actually like a lot or are so middle of the road they don't belong on a Best or Worst list. Some of you would be completely ignored by me if we were real life friends and I wanted to know what movie to see.

I was actually going to say "Manos : The Hands of Fate" as my answer but I decided to Google "worst movie ever" out of curiosity. Lo and behold, "Manos" showed up in the very first link.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_considered_the_worst

I thought of several terrible movies when I read the thread title, but I think I would have to say that the standout movie that popped to mind was "Batman and Robin" (if I recall correct, that was the one with Schwarzenegger as Mr Freeze).

As to the guy who said Fight Club was among the worst, it would be interesting to hear the reasons because I put that as one of the greatest movies I've seen (not the best, but definitely in the best 10%)

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 1

Wow, there are soooo many awful movies out there.. Usually good movies that get sequeled to death, the sequels increasingly suck.

I guess Snatch and Childs Play- can't watch either one of those without falling asleep in the first 20 minutes.

Bracket reminded me of another movie disaster.. - Daredevil... Sigh that was just plain bad

I second that Fight Club is an amazing adaptation from a ridiculously amazing novel!

I thought the new Alice in Wonderland was an absolute pointless meander, I was really looking forward to it since the bulk of Burton's work is interesting and Depp is usually class, but the whole thing was mundane and annoying despite the pretty effects.

House of Wax is of course horrendous, if only it were real and Paris Hilton could melt into a pool of mediocrity.

• Like 1

Armageddon & Transformers (all of 'em) spring to mind.

I was also quite dissapointed with Cowboys and Aliens. It actually started off to be a pretty good Western style movie with a good plot. But the Alien twist to it was too bizarre. Especially with the Native American Indian thing thrown in. Just too " Over the Top "

Twist? It's in the title. Meh, I enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Everything with Jim Carey in it except the Truman Show and the Grinch - those I liked. He overacts and spoils the punchlines because of it - it bores me when I can see the funny coming like that.

Everything with Jim Carey in it except the Truman Show and the Grinch - those I liked. He overacts and spoils the punchlines because of it - it bores me when I can see the funny coming like that.

I must have watched Jim Carrey films everyday when I was a kid, then I realized they weren't funny at all and heinously predictable and now they just irritate me lol, I love The Truman Show and Cable Guy though, they are eerie and interesting in a twisted way..

Transformers (all)

Cowboys and Aliens

You Don't Mess With the Zohan

Bad Teacher

I Love You Man

Yes Man

Identity

Scary Movie

Disaster Movie

Epic Movie

Body of Evidence (I still don't know why I saw this movie )

Gigli

Spiderman 3

The Incredible Hulk

Transformers (all)

Cowboys and Aliens

You Don't Mess With the Zohan

Bad Teacher

I Love You Man

Yes Man

Identity

Scary Movie

Disaster Movie

Epic Movie

Body of Evidence (I still don't know why I saw this movie )

Gigli

Spiderman 3

The Incredible Hulk

Finally someone makes another ist... I agree with them all but 2012... l liked that movie

Finally someone makes another ist... I agree with them all but 2012... l liked that movie

I found it too cliche otherwise it was fine. I like John Cusack. :)

Skyline

Lord of War

any jaws sequel

Green Lantern

The Fourth Kind

Godzilla (USA version)

Ninja Assassin

Christmas with the Kranks

The Love Guru

Day & Night

King Kong

Scary Movie 4

Jurassic Park 3

just to name a few :P

Skyline

Lord of War

any jaws sequel

Green Lantern

The Fourth Kind

Godzilla (USA version)

Ninja Assassin

Christmas with the Kranks

The Love Guru

Day & Night

King Kong

Scary Movie 4

Jurassic Park 3

just to name a few :P

Great list!! There's also a movie called Zombie Strippers which breaks all the charts :rofl: