Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has anyone read Ketchums DNA Paper?

danbell06

Don't bother, I have read it and I don't believe for one second anything other than financial gain was on the agenda here,

• Like 1

Thanks for that, dan. I won't bother then.

• Like 2

Thanks for that, dan. I won't bother then.

Read it and make your own opinion, don't just take someones word about it. :)

• Like 2

Read it and make your own opinion, don't just take someones word about it. :)

Sorry Raven, I perhaps didn't make my flippancy clear enough! I Googled it to find out what it was about and almost immediately dozed off.

s8127.gif

• Like 1

Well, she claimed in her latest interview that some well-known mainstream scientists are now interested in her findings and they are examining them now.

So, we shall see...

• Like 1

I should have actually waited before posting this thread as ive only read the first half.

Oh well.

The fact she has made it available for purchase and not freely available raises a lot of questions.

Yes, she may have spent her own money, (which I doubt she did, as Wally Hersom was involved) but she could have been responsible for the greatest discovery in science recent history if not ever, so the money and fame would have definately arrived.

Edited by danbell06

funny, I had heard that Ketchum has not made the data available to the public.

Personally, I don't trust her, and I *do* beleive in squatch

• Like 1

Ketchum has repeatedly claimed that her only reason for the study is to prove that these creatures are real.

Ketchum herself has claimed to have seen several bigfoot over the last couple of years and as many as 9 at one time at a habituation site.

Some (most?) of her DNA samples for this study came from a habituation site. Researchers fed the group of habituated bigfoot meals on Tupperware. They then retrieved the Tupperware to collect some of the DNA Ketchum used in her study. So she is then able to offer how the collectors of the DNA actually witnessed the sources. And it was all overseen by a PhD in wildlife biology so the samples were collected correctly.

Her DNA sources were not just random hair, etc, samples sent to her from every anonymous Tom, Dick and Mary, who pulled a tuft of hair off a fence.

"Matilda" was one of those bigfoot in the habituation site. She is the infamous “sleeping sasquatch” in the brief video that refused to pan to her face. And never showed any footage of the many other habituated bigfoot that are regular visitors at the same location. Watch the video. You decide

If you are so inclined to believe any of this, and this is only a tip of the iceberg, then you may hold your breath for confirmation.

Imo, it is the worst case of bunk, I’ve read. It beats the Biscardi Fiasco by a long shot.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2

Well, she claimed in her latest interview that some well-known mainstream scientists are now interested in her findings and they are examining them now.

So, we shall see...

I don't suppose she named names?

I don't suppose she named names?

Nope, and I must say I was quite surpised and disappointed, evancj! :no:

Actually, she did say that the head of the Oxford DNA Project had shown his support or an interest and told her he wanted to talk to her. So, Bryan Sykes? She never mentioned him by name, though.

Edited by QuiteContrary

So she charges 30$ for a copy of her report? Seems a tad fishy to me. OK, when I say tad, I mean : I don't believe a word of what she is saying and see this as only another way of haggling money.

So she charges 30$ for a copy of her report? Seems a tad fishy to me. OK, when I say tad, I mean : I don't believe a word of what she is saying and see this as only another way of haggling money.

It's fair in so far as most journals charge similar fees for articles. Of course it's hard to call this DeNovo thing a journal. At least she seems to be giving it out free to journalists and the like.

It's fair in so far as most journals charge similar fees for articles. Of course it's hard to call this DeNovo thing a journal. At least she seems to be giving it out free to journalists and the like.

Which is what I meant actually, but it didn't come out to well. But still creating this DeNovo thing just for that, is shady at best. I'm sure if she had searched a little more, someone would have published it.

I think I read somewhere that she was shopping the article around for over a year, so it's understandable that she got frustrated. But yeah, the DeNovo move was a bit shady, though if she actually develops it into a real journal it might turn out a worthwhile move.

I think I read somewhere that she was shopping the article around for over a year, so it's understandable that she got frustrated. But yeah, the DeNovo move was a bit shady, though if she actually develops it into a real journal it might turn out a worthwhile move.

She stated her new journal's purpose is to be fair and not biased and to be an option for those who have had their papers shunned by the larger journals

So, we shall see...

That's like saying Shaq read an article on pro basketball and found it interesting. Sounds like there might be something to it until you take it apart then you realize they really said nothing.

That's like saying Shaq read an article on pro basketball and found it interesting. Sounds like there might be something to it until you take it apart then you realize they really said nothing.

Oh, I have no doubt nothing (confirming her DNA theory) will happen.

are you kidding? This is a brilliant business opportunity for her. Read forums like this one and obviously there is a demand for it. Our entire economy is based on businesses tricking people into buying this thing or that based on whatever attributes it may or may not have. Ketchum is just living out her part of the american dream - taking money from rubes. Caveat emptor!

Why pay $30 when in a couple weeks or months at best this will be reveiled one way or the other. I really just don't care enough to basically throw money away.

Its already available for free. A blogger posted it by accident.

She stated her new journal's purpose is to be fair and not biased and to be an option for those who have had their papers shunned by the larger journals

Hers being the sole paper submitted. Shes covering herself as this statement is in regards to her paper only.

Edited by danbell06

Hers being the sole paper submitted. Shes covering herself as this statement is in regards to her paper only.

I'm shocked you'd make such an assertion of Ms. Ketchum's motives! ...NOT :tu:

But not so fast, who knows what kind of submissions :wacko: her sci-fi journal might receive :w00t:

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...