Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientists baffled by gigantic hole that has

Ugly1

http://www.infowars.com/scientists-baffled-by-gigantic-262ft-hole-that-has-appeared-at-siberias-end-of-the-world/

Now that is a big hole. I just got done watching the new Godzilla earlier today for the first time so this makes the first though that comes to my mind giant monsters getting ready to battle it out on earth. I think there is about a 1-2% chance that it is something other than giant monsters battling for earth but most likely monster wars. Yes, that's it. I'm a genius. :tsu:

• Like 6

Parenthood has wrecked your brain! :P

• Like 3

It's the abyss and the demonspawn are coming out to battle the unbelievers. :w00t:

• Like 6

oh no, the monsters have been awakened. Run for your lives, folks!!! :w00t:

This hole is interesting, I think, because it seems to be a "breathing hole". Meaning that at some point in time, probably during the formation, water was pulsing in and out of it. This indicates interesting movement and pressure changes in the underground stream below it. I imagine some geologists would be interested, considering how this would affect data of the natural gas deposits in the region.

• Like 3

It is a pretty big hole. Deep too, it would appear. If it is 260 feet wide, it has to be around that deep. Probably it will fill with water, as there appears to be a lake nearby.

A remarkable hole, but not supernaturally so.

• Like 1

That's located in the area of the Siberian Traps, a Flood Basalt Event. It was caused by an emense mantle plume under the super continent of Pangea during the Permian. It lasted for a million years and extruded four million cubic miles of basalt. That whole area is riddled with holes and lava tubes and extraordinary step formations.

Edited by John Wesley Boyd
  • Like 3

I know, right? Reading some of these accounts, It's amazing they can tie their shoes in the morning.

• Like 9

I was just driving over and getting a milkshake, and heard on Coast to Coast that there is already an American group (Name not mentioned while I was listening) who is winging over to Siberia to check out this hole. That is quick action, even if it is to look at a totally natural hole.

Well I am no expert in gigantic holes appearing suddenly but....but, I think some divine power has provided us with a large hole to toss all of our ignorance, hatred, loathing and self-destructive tendencies which are leading our species to a population bottleneck where-after extinction may occur.

That or the rock or soil under the surface was carried away by forces as unexplainable as water which allowed that large hole to appear.

• Like 4

I was just driving over and getting a milkshake, and heard on Coast to Coast that there is already an American group (Name not mentioned while I was listening) who is winging over to Siberia to check out this hole. That is quick action, even if it is to look at a totally natural hole.

if they take the opportunity to learn about geology (which is amazing) then it could be a positive overall!

learning about geology is way more interesting than "look! a hole! mystery??" anyhow,

• Like 3

lol, I just cannot help myself.....looks like we've found the butt hole of the world :w00t: ...it's in "gas-rich northern Siberia"... looks like some gas may have escaped! :rofl:

Sorry, I just had to....back to work now

I thought your car was broken? I just read that in the 'updates' section.

Edited by ouija ouija

Just saw it on the news....that is one hell of a big sink hole.

Scary darn things :unsure2:

So now we know where the oak island pit comes out.....right?

It's obviously another "gate of hell"

• Like 3

Just an elaborate publicity stunt to promote the Pacific Rim sequel.

• Like 1

Still waiting for the tagline of "Scientists baffled why other scientists fail to apply logic...."

• Like 2

I thought your car was broken? I just read that in the 'updates' section.

HA! Good catch. I have a car AND a truck. Drive the truck to work, and the wife uses the car. But, not anymore, because the car is busted. :cry:

• Like 1

Kim Kardashian's toilet?

• Like 5