Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Israel? Destroys Russian Yahkonts in Syria

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,433 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:51 AM

http://www.haaretz.c...ls-say-1.535502

A not so subtle message for Pooty poot that his S-300s will also make for a nice bonfire if they arrive.  :)

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#2    .AKUMA.

.AKUMA.

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

• The True Warrior Enters The Arena with all his powers
    At the Ready.

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:23 AM

I don't understand all this recent aggression from israel towards syria, I mean wouldn't it be in israels favour to maintain the current regime? I dont recall asad calling for the destruction of isael, but the "terrorists" fighting against him have! So hmmm why provoke?

One World, One Order

The Greatest Accomplishment of the Devil, Was Convincing the world he doesn't Exist.

#3    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:43 AM

View Post.AKUMA., on 13 July 2013 - 02:23 AM, said:

I don't understand all this recent aggression from israel towards syria, I mean wouldn't it be in israels favour to maintain the current regime? I dont recall asad calling for the destruction of isael, but the "terrorists" fighting against him have! So hmmm why provoke?

Personally I believe with Assad gone, and the resulting Chaos that rebel factions vying for control will create,will give Isreal a good air corridor to nail Irans nuclear facilities.

That is the bigger picture here.

Edited by shaddow134, 13 July 2013 - 02:43 AM.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,433 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:51 AM

View Postshaddow134, on 13 July 2013 - 02:43 AM, said:

Personally I believe with Assad gone, and the resulting Chaos that rebel factions vying for control will create,will give Isreal a good air corridor to nail Irans nuclear facilities.

Possibly you have some wisdom here but I think akuma's answer is that Israel is attacking ONLY those weapons that are in Syria that can be used against Israel in some strategic way.  The anti ship missiles could stop shipping traffic into Ashdod and Haifa ports.  The big explosions that some thought were nuclear a few months ago were warehouses full of accurate surface to surface missiles from Iran.  Israel probably WOULD prefer the devil they know (Assad) but they still have to take immediate action if game changing weapons are being stocked or moved by forces friendly to Hizballah (primarily).  I think the only way you'd ever see IDF boots on the ground in Syria will be if Assad falls and those chemical weapons are in danger of being like the Libyan manpads that got proliferated all over the M.E.

#5    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,485 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:08 AM

View Postand then, on 13 July 2013 - 02:51 AM, said:

Possibly you have some wisdom here but I think akuma's answer is that Israel is attacking ONLY those weapons that are in Syria that can be used against Israel in some strategic way.  The anti ship missiles could stop shipping traffic into Ashdod and Haifa ports.  The big explosions that some thought were nuclear a few months ago were warehouses full of accurate surface to surface missiles from Iran.  Israel probably WOULD prefer the devil they know (Assad) but they still have to take immediate action if game changing weapons are being stocked or moved by forces friendly to Hizballah (primarily).  I think the only way you'd ever see IDF boots on the ground in Syria will be if Assad falls and those chemical weapons are in danger of being like the Libyan manpads that got proliferated all over the M.E.

IDF intervention is inevitable,If Assad gets cornered and desperate,he could order a full scale Chemical attack.This has been a very dirty war all the way through and can only get dirtier if Obama carries out his threat to arm the rebels.
The genocide will continue for some time yet.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#6    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,415 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:43 AM

Any weapon the Syrians might have can be interpreted as threatening Israel, so I don't get where this is anything other than a legalism.  Personally I think the Israelis have shown more constraint than I would have.  They could have first gone in and wiped out Assad, then turned on the radical Islamists, and now be sitting pretty with a friendly somewhat indebted Syria and a world thankful a bloodbath had been averted.

I suppose some fear of Iranian intervention has helped prevent this, but with the Iraqis and Saudis sitting there this seems unlikely  More than likely it is Obama who has prevailed on them, for his own reasons.

#7    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,433 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 13 July 2013 - 04:43 AM, said:

Any weapon the Syrians might have can be interpreted as threatening Israel, so I don't get where this is anything other than a legalism.  Personally I think the Israelis have shown more constraint than I would have.  They could have first gone in and wiped out Assad, then turned on the radical Islamists, and now be sitting pretty with a friendly somewhat indebted Syria and a world thankful a bloodbath had been averted.

I suppose some fear of Iranian intervention has helped prevent this, but with the Iraqis and Saudis sitting there this seems unlikely  More than likely it is Obama who has prevailed on them, for his own reasons.
I would be a bit more generous yet... I actually believe the Israelis don't want to bury more of their children.  They'd love it if the rest of the region just chilled and let them have a party.  But they know this is just the calm before the storm - they just are sure yet what direction that storm will come from first.

#8    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

View Post.AKUMA., on 13 July 2013 - 02:23 AM, said:

There is no "aggression" from Israel towards Syria. Israel has obviously no stake in any of the partys in the Syrian civil war. But Israel has a hell of a lot stake in the possible armament that Hizbollah could receive from Russia. That is why they occasionally fly in and blow up a shipment that is headed to Hizbollah´s stores in Lebanon.... they simply have to.

Does that clear up the confusion?

Edited by Zaphod222, 13 July 2013 - 03:18 PM.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#9    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 13 July 2013 - 02:43 AM, said:

Total nonsense. Firstly, with Assad gone, you´d have basically Al Quaeda control of Syria. Fat chance that they would give Israel any "corridor" to anything.
Secondly, much as the left and the islamist propaganda likes to portrait Israel as some kind of military giant, the Jewish state with barely 6 million people on 20,000 sqkm of indefensible borders has NO WAY to realistically take out Iran`s distributed and fortified nuclear program. That is just the real world.

(The US could, but will not under Obama. So get ready for a nuclear Mullah regime.)

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#10    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,433 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 13 July 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

Total nonsense. Firstly, with Assad gone, you´d have basically Al Quaeda control of Syria. Fat chance that they would give Israel any "corridor" to anything.
Secondly, much as the left and the islamist propaganda likes to portrait Israel as some kind of military giant, the Jewish state with barely 6 million people on 20,000 sqkm of indefensible borders has NO WAY to realistically take out Iran`s distributed and fortified nuclear program. That is just the real world.

(The US could, but will not under Obama. So get ready for a nuclear Mullah regime.)
I wonder who the appeasers will try to blame for their suffering when the mullahs can set the price of gasoline with a few veiled threats?  Not like now, where the markets are just jittery but when Iran can actually threaten openly to close the straits and it is a realistic possibility because no nation will take them on?  My guess is it will be Israel and the US for causing the mullahs to be so afraid they needed nukes.  Idiots....

#11    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,485 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:23 AM

View PostZaphod222, on 13 July 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

Disagree with you,Assad is Iran's biggest ally.when he has been squashed, then  I suppose Al Quaeda will replace Syria's air defences and replace all the pilots that will most likely leg it across the border into Turkey.

Obama would not strike, but I would put money on Isreal...

Edited by shaddow134, 14 July 2013 - 01:25 AM.

#12    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

View Postand then, on 13 July 2013 - 02:51 AM, said:

So, A Syria in chaos of civil war is going to be launching an attack on Israel? Any body on this forum have any idea of reality? any idea of war? any idea of military affairs? any common sense?

And just for hell of it, on this very biased forum, a video from side of Syrian Army during operations in Al Kabune a few days ago. No gore or anything, and for those interested in such things, good film of BMP2

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri, 14 July 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#13    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Psychic Spy

• 1,016 posts

• "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.."

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:53 AM

View PostZaphod222, on 13 July 2013 - 03:17 PM, said:

There is no "aggression" from Israel towards Syria. Israel has obviously no stake in any of the partys in the Syrian civil war. But Israel has a hell of a lot stake in the possible armament that Hizbollah could receive from Russia. That is why they occasionally fly in and blow up a shipment that is headed to Hizbollah´s stores in Lebanon.... they simply have to.

Does that clear up the confusion?

lmfao.

Gddmn you play the 'toxic arrogant pr*ck on the block' role well.

Your contributions never fail to generate a good giggle.

Edited by Phaeton80, 14 July 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#14    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,109 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

View PostTutankhaten-pasheri, on 14 July 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

So, A Syria in chaos of civil war is going to be launching an attack on Israel? Any body on this forum have any idea of reality? any idea of war? any idea of military affairs? any common sense?

And just for hell of it, on this very biased forum, a video from side of Syrian Army during operations in Al Kabune a few days ago. No gore or anything, and for those interested in such things, good film of BMP2

they have done a few hits in Israel over the past year

#15    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 14 July 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

they have done a few hits in Israel over the past year
Who has hit what in Israel?

0 user(s) are reading this topic