Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

True Horror Stories?

Drayven

There's a series on YouTube from Doctor Horror called 'Real Life Horror Stories'. I have watched many of them, and came to the conclusion of this: Since he lets people send their stories in to him through email, some people might just simply be lying about them being true... How do we know they're all true? Some just sound true. It sounds like something that could not just be made up. Others sound, eh. Like when there's a double of some girl... I'm not sure how that could be, but I just like believing it all... You never know what could happen...and what can't happen...

So this is a topic where you can share your REAL horror stories that have happened to you, or a friend.

Here is one of mine: (will be sharing more in the future)

My boys were coming over for Halloween just last year (October 31st 2015), and we decided to watch a scary horror movie and order a pizza. About a half hour after we called, we heard some knocking on the door. I looked out the blinds just in case it was the pizza guy, but there was strangely no car outside.

"Who is it?" One of them asked. "The pizza guy?"

I shrugged and sat back down, "I don't know... Doesn't the pizza guy usually have a car?"

The thing was: Yes, they usually would have a car. Suddenly, whoever it was starting pounding on the door; and they wouldn't stop. It sounded like: POUND, POUND, POUND, POUND.... And they wouldn't stop. I got up to go look, accompanied with two of the boys in back of me.

By the door, there was a guy. He was fairly large and standing there dressed up. He had a white mask on, which could scare the heck out of someone! He was holding a pizza box. We figured maybe he parked somewhere we couldn't see, and that maybe he's just in the Halloween spirit or something!

I opened the door up. I grabbed the money out of my pocket as I reached out for the pizza. The guy didn't budge. He just stood there; staring inside of the house.

Suddenly, he said, "Looks like you, Tom and the rest are havin' some fun, huh?"

That made my heart drop. Not because of the way his voice sounded; but because he knew my friend's name was Tom.

My mouth dropped open as I murmured. "What...?"

He then smiled a crooked smile at me...then dropped the empty pizza box, and hit the door open, injuring my finger. He actually almost got in, since he hurt my finger, but one of my boys glided to the door from the living room, and punched it closed. The guy fell over. As he fell over, a shiny sharp thing fell to the ground. It was a butcher's knife; as sharp as ever.

We hurried to the phone to call the cops. When the cops arrived, the guy had disappeared. There was nothing the cops could do; since he was gone.

It still haunts us to this day...how the man knew my friend's name and how he knew we were ordering pizza...and most of all, his crooked smile... There are quite some weirdos out there...

Edited by Vessel
  • Like 4

Sounds creepy! Here is one of mine:

I was home alone with my dog, cat, older brother and older sister. Since my brother is the oldest, my parents told him to watch us. We all went to our own rooms. My brother was on his computer, doing something. My sister was talking to her friend on the phone, and I, the youngest one; nine years old at the time, was snuggling with my cat and my dog on the bed.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of someone banging on our back door. My room is over the kitchen, so I can hear everything in the kitchen. I stopped making noise and listened. I could hear the sound of my sister laughing and talking to her best friend, and my brother typing on his computer.

I listen some more. The same noise; but louder. Suddenly, our cat screeches and hides behind the bed, and our dog starts barking really loud. He jumps off of my bed and goes to jump on my bedroom door, to let him out. I don't let him out, just in case someone with bad intentions is down there. My window shades are closed, so I go and open them just to take a peek. I see it's pitch black out there. I can't seem to see anything else, so I close it back up again so that if there is someone out there, they can't see inside.

Suddenly, I hear the sound of the back door slamming open, and heavy foot steps walking across the kitchen floor.

I gasp. I grab the dog and the cat, swing open my bedroom door and run to my brother's room. My room is at the end of the hallway; by the steps. My brother and sister's rooms are both next to each other so it's safer there. I swing open both of their doors, whispering to them to go into one room with the phone. My sister follows me into our brother's room. We shut the door quietly, and lock it. I place the dog and the cat down on the floor.

"What?!" My siblings ask me. "What happened?"

I tell them to be quiet and listen. We all listen quietly. We can hear heavy foot steps coming up the steps. Our dog bursts with barks and starts jumping on the door to get out and see who's there. We put him in the closet with the cat so that they don't make so much noise. If they give away where we are, we will be goners...

My heart starts thudding in my chest 100 Miles per hour. My sister and brother gasp.

Then, my brother says, "Maybe it's dad..."

I tell them not to open it, because our parents were supposed to be home at ten thirty...and it's only eight thirty...

Suddenly, ever so quickly, we hear the door knob jingling.

My sister starts to scream, but my brother puts a hand over her mouth.

"Call the cops!" I tell my brother. "HURRY!"

At this point, my heart is in my mouth.

He goes into the closet, behind all of the clothes so that the intruder can't hear him talking. About ten seconds later he comes out.

I look under the door and see black heavy boots. That isn't our father. Suddenly, the door swings open. All three of us jump back. I felt like I was going to pass out.

The man was covered in black clothes, and had a black hood up all the way; at the point you couldn't see his face...only his lips.

He stopped there and stared at us. He gave us the most hideous, creepiest toothless grin ever. Suddenly, we hear sirens outside. The police have arrived. He must have heard that noise too, because he walks away from the door quickly, and down the steps. We can hear him exiting to the backyard; by which he will probably be stopped by the police.

The police enter the house, and come into the room. We are all huddled together when they find us.

"What happened?" They ask.

We tell them exactly what had happened; starting from when I heard him break in. We say he left through the backyard. They check the backyard to find nothing. They also check every where else in our area; the whole town to find nothing.

The thing that haunts us still today, after four years, is that grin he gave us...and how he escaped our backyard so fast, when we had a seven foot high fence surrounding our whole yard...with no gates...

Man I miss Dancin Hamster, she used to tell the best scary stories. Look up her posts on here and you'll agree.

• Like 2

Man I miss Dancin Hamster, she used to tell the best scary stories. Look up her posts on here and you'll agree.

What happened to her? Why isn't she here anymore? Just not active anymore...?

What happened to her? Why isn't she here anymore? Just not active anymore...?

I dunno. I come and go for reasons unknown so do lots of ppl. There's tons of ppl I used to talk to on here that no longer visit. It's an unexplained mystery. :yes:

"True" and "Real" is among so many other English words that are used generically or as a generality and not so much as literal definition. It's a marketing ploy, a tourist trap if you will. So many mysteries have started where the truth behind it all was merely a method to obtain attraction, tourists or to even just come off as an interesting/unique/blessed/lucky, special...etc person.

OP, if you like submitted stories like those on YT, you might also check this site out, the Anything Ghost Show: http://anythingghost.libsyn.com

The host is also a music composer and creates some really great atmospheric and creepy tracks that he sells on Amazon.