Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

MOD ignores UFO reports

Still Waters

The Ministry of Defence will no longer investigate UFO sightings after ruling there is “no evidence” they pose a threat to the UK despite a senior aviation official admitting the country is visited by one unidentified flying object a month

http://www.telegraph...-no-threat.html

There isn't a conflict in the above statement, MOD say "there is no evidence they pose a threat to the UK", that doesn't mean they don't believe there is a UFO a month visiting UK air space.

They just make the assessment that there is no threat, if this been going on for a long time and nothing has happenend yet I would say that it's nothing wrong with that assessment.

Zam

Im ok with that.

Of course you are. That's also the official position of the U.s. government, which mainly means that they no longer collect UFO reports from the general public.

• Like 1

Of course you are. That's also the official position of the U.s. government, which mainly means that they no longer collect UFO reports from the general public.

In other words the US and UK Governments are saying "Don't bother us any more with reports because we really don't know any more than you do. They are too clever for us and we just don't know what we are dealing with'.

That is what their statements amount to.

Of course Hazz, and the rest of his mob will say "just fine" about the MOD's 'official' position on the UFO question!

But to tell you the truth Mac'...I can't say that i'm sad about the announcement myself!...for the simple reason that I have never thought that the 'UFO Desk' at Whitehall was anything more than a Front created solely to placate the general public's thirst for knowledge!..and that the real investigatory actions are, and always have been performed behind some Very Thick doors! ;)

....£44,000. per year to finance the entirety of a major nation's X Files!...lol. ...There's no wonder that Nick Pope needs to cash in on the circuit! :rofl:

Cheers buddy.

In other words the US and UK Governments are saying "Don't bother us any more with reports because we really don't know any more than you do. They are too clever for us and we just don't know what we are dealing with'.

That is what their statements amount to.

They know more than the general public, at least according to the evidence I saw. They know that some of these UFOs are interplanetary, that some have crashed or been shot down, and have been studying the bodies and wreckage. At the very least, they have been trying to imitate some of this technology, even though its hundreds or thousands of years ahead of ours.

What they tell the public about UFOs has always been very different from what's really going on behind the scenes, but that's true on just about every important issue.

One thing I don't know for certain is whether any covert "contacts" have occurred, although Robert Emenegger said that they had--with President Eisenhower--and that Nixon was also aware of this. For some reason, Nixon was almost ready to reveal this, and came very close to doing so, at least according to Emenegger. He was one of the few UFO researchers with the contacts and the luck to ever get close to the really sensitive information, although Donald Keyhoe and Len Stringfield did as well.

Of course Hazz, and the rest of his mob will say "just fine" about the MOD's 'official' position on the UFO question!

But to tell you the truth Mac'...I can't say that i'm sad about the announcement myself!...for the simple reason that I have never thought that the 'UFO Desk' at Whitehall was anything more than a Front created solely to placate the general public's thirst for knowledge!..and that the real investigatory actions are, and always have been performed behind some Very Thick doors! ;)

....£44,000. per year to finance the entirety of a major nation's X Files!...lol. ...There's no wonder that Nick Pope needs to cash in on the circuit! :rofl:

I think you're right, 1963, that the MOD desk was basically like Project Blue Book--a public relations show. If these UFOs are what we think that are, and we have have plenty of statements from generals and high-level officials that they are, then someone has been spending a lot more than a mere 44,000 pounds on this problem. For governments, that amount of money hardly gets noticed at all, not when they routinely deal with billions. That tiny amount of money just pays for a guy with a desk and a telephone, but if the military and intelligence agencies really were as concerned about UFOs as the records indicate, even trying to shoot them down and taking them to secret locations to be studied, well, someone is spending a lot more money somewhere.

• Like 1

They know more than the general public, at least according to the evidence I saw. They know that some of these UFOs are interplanetary, that some have crashed or been shot down, and have been studying the bodies and wreckage. At the very least, they have been trying to imitate some of this technology, even though its hundreds or thousands of years ahead of ours.

What they tell the public about UFOs has always been very different from what's really going on behind the scenes, but that's true on just about every important issue.

One thing I don't know for certain is whether any covert "contacts" have occurred, although Robert Emenegger said that they had--with President Eisenhower--and that Nixon was also aware of this. For some reason, Nixon was almost ready to reveal this, and came very close to doing so, at least according to Emenegger. He was one of the few UFO researchers with the contacts and the luck to ever get close to the really sensitive information, although Donald Keyhoe and Len Stringfield did as well.

When you say they know more, are you referring to the actual Government, or the black authorities? You see I reckon if you sat Obama and Cameron at the same table I don't think you would learn an awful lot. The same if you got a load of US Senators or the Whitehall bunch to talk. I reckon there are 3 basic tiers:

1) The Governments (Aware of 5% facts)

2) CIA, MI6, and the security apparatus generally (Aware of 40% facts)

3) Black organisations (Area 51/S4) (Aware of 75% facts)

Would you agree vaguely with this?

Edited by zoser
  • Like 1

When you say they know more, are you referring to the actual Government, or the black authorities? You see I reckon if you sat Obama and Cameron at the same table I don't think you would learn an awful lot. The same if you got a load of US Senators or the Whitehall bunch to talk. I reckon there are 3 basic tiers:

1) The Governments (Aware of 5% facts)

2) CIA, MI6, and the security apparatus generally (Aware of 40% facts)

3) Black organisations (Area 51/S4) (Aware of 75% facts)

Would you agree vaguely with this?

I'd put myself among the 40% bunch, or maybe not even that much, and I think that was just because I had happened to see a UFO and express an interest in the subject. I never had any formal orders either verbally or in writing that concerned UFOs, although naturally I reported the one I saw, just like we were all told from our first day in the military that if anything happens "report it up your chain of command". That's true with anything that happens, even if the only report is that nothing at all happened that day except normal routing, and in the Army, normal routine is all that's happening most of the time, "hurry up and wait", as they always said.

No one could ever identify the UFO I saw, and I assume it just kept going up the chain of command until it landed someplace where they dealt with those things, but I never heard any more about it, nor did I ever even receive any orders not to report it or talk about it. On the contrary, it was just like it never happened at all and things went right back to normal.

If Richard Dolan's sources are correct, and I think they are, then all the aspects of the program that deal with UFO wreckage, bodies and contacts were spun off to highly classified organizations and contractors long ago, with the military maintaining a tight security lid over the whole thing. Very few civilian politicians would ever want or need to know all the details of these programs, and as we know from Barry Goldwater, they were unable to find out even when they asked. That was back in the 1950s and 1960s, so we can be sure that things have moved along quite a bit since that time.

The military does regard civilians, especially civilian politicians, as sort of leaky blabbermouths who can't keep a secret, and this is true on every subject, not only UFOs. On the other hand, the military can keep secrets for decades if it wants to.

One area where I disagree with Dolan is that the civilian contractors and subcontractors are really running the UFO program, but in my experience the military generally runs them, especially in classified work. It tells them just what they need to know to get the job done, and never any more.

My impression is that from very early on they really regarded some of these UFOs as a possible threat or hostile force, regardless of what they told the public, and thought they were right to keep it all secret and try to figure out some kind of defensive measures--if that was even possible.

• Like 1

That makes me think of a metaphor that many UFOs records just go up and up and out of sight, like the UFOs themselves. LOL

I think you're right, 1963, that the MOD desk was basically like Project Blue Book--a public relations show. If these UFOs are what we think that are, and we have have plenty of statements from generals and high-level officials that they are, then someone has been spending a lot more than a mere 44,000 pounds on this problem. For governments, that amount of money hardly gets noticed at all, not when they routinely deal with billions. That tiny amount of money just pays for a guy with a desk and a telephone, but if the military and intelligence agencies really were as concerned about UFOs as the records indicate, even trying to shoot them down and taking them to secret locations to be studied, well, someone is spending a lot more money somewhere.

Or more likely... They are following the conclusions drawn from their own research. That 5 year 500,000 pound study that concluded most UFO's reported were UAP (Unknown Atmospheric Phenomena) which are a previously unknown form of atmospheric plasma phenomena. It's too bad the 'believers' don't read the report because it's fascinating, they say the Russians admit to losing at least 20 Pilots chasing UAP and that the French say that their Civil Aviation RADAR system can't if only rarely detect UAP but that their Military RADAR system routinely detects them! The report even explains why the Civil RADAR system doesn't detect UAP, it's in large part because UAP either move to slow or to fast to be Aircraft so the data is filtered out.

The military does regard civilians, especially civilian politicians, as sort of leaky blabbermouths who can't keep a secret, and this is true on every subject, not only UFOs. On the other hand, the military can keep secrets for decades if it wants to.

One area where I disagree with Dolan is that the civilian contractors and subcontractors are really running the UFO program, but in my experience the military generally runs them, especially in classified work. It tells them just what they need to know to get the job done, and never any more.

My impression is that from very early on they really regarded some of these UFOs as a possible threat or hostile force, regardless of what they told the public, and thought they were right to keep it all secret and try to figure out some kind of defensive measures--if that was even possible.

Remember this clip:

So if it was a projectile, where did it come from, who shot it, and how did they know what they were shooting at was hostile or friendly? Did it come from Area 51? I know that people have reported powerful beams being projected skyward in that area. Maybe there is an official interception policy?

Edited by zoser

I find this very improbable. So the MoD no longer investigates incursions into UK Airspace? Anyone think they just say this to stop them being hassled by Ufologists (or so they hope)?

Im ok with that.

Why are you ok with that? Because the MoD, having studied the subject exhaustively, knows that UFOs aren't extraterrestrial spacecraft? Or even more pertinently, that they know for a fact that they're not aircraft of any kind? If the MoD really did believe that, would you really be ok with that? Would you not feel slightly concerned that they seem to treat the question of unauthorised incursions into their airspace in such a casual way?

• Like 1

I agree that retrospective assessment of any aerial threat/intrusion is extremely risky defence policy/process; somewhere in the chain of command a decision on any UAP is being made - NATO/RAF still intercept Russian recon aircraft, despite knowing the identity and source of the intrusion, so why would they regard actual unknowns any differently.

For me, the infamous Belgian wave events were always very telling; we all know of the documented interception by Belgian AF F-16s, but why did the rest of NATO not consider a threat from UAPs originating from WarPac airspace? Even Nick Pope acknowledged that the RAF considered those UAPs warranted no response.

Edited by Oppono Astos

UFO`s are holograms bounced off the atmosphere by governments for military research . No need to investigate what they already know .

UFO`s are holograms bounced off the atmosphere by governments for military research . No need to investigate what they already know .

Amazing. That's solves the mystery completely.

• Like 4

Well to say that they haven't posed a threat to any of us since the beginning of time, so why would they now. Makes total sense to me;)

Well to say that they haven't posed a threat to any of us since the beginning of time, so why would they now. Makes total sense to me;)

Well that's a good point, but we can never quite know what the future holds in the current cover up climate that has perpetuated for the last 60 years. Cover-ups always have a motivation behind them; is it an honourable or sinister motive?

• Like 1

The Ministry of Defence will no longer investigate UFO sightings after ruling there is “no evidence” they pose a threat to the UK

Why do I get the feeling they waited for the Olympics to pass without incident before releasing this statement... ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb

In my honest opinion, I am pretty sure the MoD will still investigate certain observed phenomena that falls within certain criteria, however, I am not surprised by this statement. Why should the MoD keep personnel occupied by people calling in about their own sightings? I am sure the UK has a pretty extensive RADAR network and if something was really there, they would know. And after 50 years with no substantial data I certainly don't blame them.

Cheers.

Badeskov

Amazing. That's solves the mystery completely.

Yes, I'm sure that they have been "bouncing holograms" around off the atmosphere at least since World War II, so that explains everything. LOL

• Like 1

Why do I get the feeling they waited for the Olympics to pass without incident before releasing this statement... ;)

If I thought for even one second that Blue Book or this MOD desk were the real UFO investigation, this announcement might not be significant, but as I have mentioned about a billion times this has never been the case.

The actual UFO investigation has always been far more extensive and more classified. You don't call them, they call you. In fact, that's always been how you could tell that the real UFO investigation was at work" you didn't have to notify them about anything at all, since they generally knew about it already.

Edited by TheMacGuffin