Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Ghost woods That lead to Hells Gate

Brazos Paranormal

Ahhhh those logs are to stop vechiles to go through

• Like 1

yep. Found Ghost Forest in River Legacy Park leading to Hells Gate. We decided to find a way around the ghost trail through Ghost Forest .Legends are this was an Indian graveyard and very sacred place .This leads to Hells Gate were hundreds of confederate soldiers were hanged. Highly active haunted area with screams and ghosts sightings .

Here is more info on this location.The location of Hells Gate I found it by reading the directions out of the book Haunted TX .Sounds like something out of the Jonny Depp movie 9TH Gate were they used a book to find the 9th gate.The directions are as follows take first left go to cul de sac. The book said a one mile foot trail with a bench area and a gate and a one mile marker . All the clues matched up this was it and I went into this woods and was completely creeped out: being followed: watched feeling. This is the spot were a hundred confederate soldiers were hung. Highly active paranormal activity .

Could you give us some research on this please? Looking around I noticed you charge 20 bucks a head for tours, I'm assuming you have more research available than what you have provided so far.. And all that has been provided so far is a direct cut, copy, and paste of your Youtube descriptions on your videos.

Please, tell us more Brazos.

Legend has it that hundreds of Civil War soldiers were hanged there? Earlier on in this thread you posted that "this leads to Hells Gate were [sic] hundreds of confederate soldiers were hanged". Is it a historical fact that hundreds of confederate soldiers where hanged at this location or merely a local legend?

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 1

All I know is the legend ,don't know if it really happened. But that's the reason they call it hells gate because the gate leads were the soldiers were hanged.

I've heard about that place. No way would you catch me anywhere near that place. Day or night. With so much death, it's bound to attract the worst kind of entities.

This story perked my curiosity. I started trying to dig into it a bit, coming up with nothing... Then I got all distracted by the screaming bridge legend in the park. That was way more interesting because it appears that there is actual history behind that legend.

You should visit London. There's a huge parking lot built over a plague pit where thousands of bodies were buried after dying horrific deaths.

It is said that during the night, people in the parking lot see and hear absolutely nothing.

I live a few miles from a site which was a graveyard for victims of the Irish famine. Hundreds of people were buried there in unmarked graves. I've visited it on numerous occasions and my sister lives right beside it. Never experienced anything strange there or heard any strange stories about it. Edited by Archimedes

Do a search on this website for hells gate and you'll get a hundred different places where it's supposed to be. I think there's even a video! Exciting!

• Like 1

Well, according to this guy:

http://theuncannyinvestigator.blogspot.com/2008/05/paranormal-investigation-river-legacy_07.html

the whole story is made up by the folks who run the ghost tours.

Of course, if there was a real "gate to hell" I'm sure the directions to it would include "turn at the cul de sac"

But seriously, my first question would be "is the legend of the hangings even true"? I'm finding very little online about it other than ghost sites that just cut and paste the same story (red flag) and other postings where folks are asking the same question I've asked with no real responses (red flag). There's also the assertion that it was an Indian burial ground (red flag). Keep in mind that this park wasn't even formally established until 1990. If there had been an Indian burial ground in the area, it would have been preserved and studied. It also appears that one of the park's primary biking trails goes right through this area. One would think that if it were truly active, there would be many more reports than there are.

Sorry, but the whole thing smacks of the standard local urban legend stuff to me.

Well, according to this guy:

http://theuncannyinv...-legacy_07.html

the whole story is made up by the folks who run the ghost tours.

Of course, if there was a real "gate to hell" I'm sure the directions to it would include "turn at the cul de sac"

But seriously, my first question would be "is the legend of the hangings even true"? I'm finding very little online about it other than ghost sites that just cut and paste the same story (red flag) and other postings where folks are asking the same question I've asked with no real responses (red flag). There's also the assertion that it was an Indian burial ground (red flag). Keep in mind that this park wasn't even formally established until 1990. If there had been an Indian burial ground in the area, it would have been preserved and studied. It also appears that one of the park's primary biking trails goes right through this area. One would think that if it were truly active, there would be many more reports than there are.

Sorry, but the whole thing smacks of the standard local urban legend stuff to me.

And doing some Googling because I was interested myself, I can't find any actual reports of ghosts or hauntings. Just reports of reports. Websites that talk about reports of ghosts. Websites that relate reports in the third person. Without a single link to an actual eyewitness report to read myself. It's all "a man and his friends were..." "a couple were...". No names, dates, etc. or links to where the reports are actually given.

I agree, it just sounds like another urban legend.

Brazos, can you expand on the story? What does your tour consist of? For $20 I can only assume there's a lot more than simply a walk through the woods telling the same ghost stories that are out there on the web.

I have posted the picture of the directions to hells gate on this post.I found these directions in a book.

Somewhere deep inside the tangled green depths of River Legacy Park, in Arlington, there is rumored to be a very old trail surrounded on either side by murky swamps and overhanging trees. This long dirt trail is said to end at a dirt mound––a spot where captured spies of the Union Army were executed. They call this place “Hell's Gate.”

It is said that if you can still find the spot you might see the remains of the gateposts where a gate once hung. This passage was supposedly one of the last things the prisoners ever saw, as they were led through it at the end of the trail to the tree where they would be hanged. Some believe that because of all the deaths that took place near the gate at the end of the trail, there are many tormented spirits still residing at Hell's Gate. They claim that if you walk the trail you can still hear the disembodied whispers, sobs, and prayers of the men and women who once walked their final steps to this awful place.

Armed only with these scant tales to go on, Weird TX when in search of Hell's Gate––the trail, the remains of the gate posts, anything.

We did talk to one park ranger who was familiar with the story, and said that there were some very old artifacts from that era, including pieces of cannons in different parts of the park, but she didn't know of any remains of any gateposts anywhere. Curses, foiled again.From Werid USA article

Edited by Brazos Paranormal

is that same guy who did the bridge video?

I do not see hells gate, Please come back when the guy captures Satan putting out the milk bottles.

• Like 4

Somewhere deep inside the tangled green depths of River Legacy Park, in Arlington, there is rumored to be a very old trail surrounded on either side by murky swamps and overhanging trees. This long dirt trail is said to end at a dirt mound––a spot where captured spies of the Union Army were executed. They call this place “Hell's Gate.”

It is said that if you can still find the spot you might see the remains of the gateposts where a gate once hung. This passage was supposedly one of the last things the prisoners ever saw, as they were led through it at the end of the trail to the tree where they would be hanged. Some believe that because of all the deaths that took place near the gate at the end of the trail, there are many tormented spirits still residing at Hell's Gate. They claim that if you walk the trail you can still hear the disembodied whispers, sobs, and prayers of the men and women who once walked their final steps to this awful place.

Armed only with these scant tales to go on, Weird TX when in search of Hell's Gate––the trail, the remains of the gate posts, anything.

There is an old fort across the river from here called Birds Fort. We did talk to one park ranger who was familiar with the story, and said that there were some very old artifacts from that era, including pieces of cannons in different parts of the park, but she didn't know of any remains of any gateposts anywhere. Curses, foiled again.

This was copyed from Werid Texas website there is old cannons and civil war artifacts found here.