Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 4 votes

The Dark Woods of West Covina, CA


  • Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61    HollyDolly

HollyDolly

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts
  • Joined:02 Aug 2006

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:13 PM

Someone mentioned about a serial killer and him taking teddy bears in Pleasenton,California.
This may have come from  a real event. Stuart Northcott went to the ploice and told them about activities going on at his uncle Gordon Northcott's chicken farm near Wineville,Ca.The police went to the chicken ranch and found human remains. Gordon and his mother were arrested and put on trial for sexual abuse,tortuter and murder. She was sent to San Quentin
and he was executed. This happend from 1928 to 1930. It's at Wikelpedia and I believe Court Tv's Crime Library might have something on it. In fact the events there shook up the town so much,that they changed the name of the town to Mira Linda or Mira Loma,forgot which.
Northcott claimed at one point that he abducted boys and that he had some high priced clients,the implication being that
he did it for money,etc. He is also mentioned in a book on serial killers.


#62    christophales

christophales

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined:08 Apr 2008

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:52 PM

Hey, Ghost Hunters!
Galster Park's new Nature Center has evening events forthcoming, where the park will be open late.

The next one is April 15 at 7:00 PM. The information is:

Start Time: 7:00 PM to 9:30 PM

Ya don't miss the water!
Film and Discussion with
Terry Young, filmmaker and advocate

A documentary film by Terry Young, about the natural history, politics, and issues with water and the San Gabriel River. The 45 minute film will be followed by a discussion with Terry Young about the issue presented in the film. This event is limited to 30 participants, please register early. Free popcorn and other refreshments included.

Presented in a humorous tone, the documentary investigates where our water comes from, who has water rights, who cleans the water, who distributes the water, and who abuses the resource.

The documentary also covers the changing water issues and distributions facing Southern California. Does financial and political power trump equitable distribution and conservation? Can the region add the projected numbers of new Californians and still live a good life - one with enough clean water? And where do the homeless go for a drink? Is there a solution?

The head of the Army Corps of Engineers, Regulations Branch, Mark Sudal; Federal Environmental Protection Agency for Southern California, Wayne Praskins; head of UCLA Environmental Health Sciences Dr. Richard Ambrose, and many others participated in this documentary."

You can register for the event at:
http://www.sgmrc.org/programs

The park will be open until 9:30 PM.


#63    ripsammy

ripsammy

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined:26 Jul 2008

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:05 PM

hey omg let me now whats goin on plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz heres my email send the messages to ym yahoo plzzzz!!!! jesica_lynn2012@yahoo.com plzzzzzzzzzz thank you sooo much


#64    janb

janb

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined:01 Feb 2009

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:04 AM

stygeanhue on Jul 9 2007, 11:26 AM, said:

This is a really interesting story to me because it sounds nearly identical to an urban legand we have out in Pleasanton CA. I grew up there and when I was in middle school a teacher told us all a story consernig a wild life park we have called "the ridge." She told us that at some undetermined time there had been a serial child rapest/ murder that upon kidnapping them would take their teddy bear. Its is said that there is an old tree somewhere on the ridge on which he hung each bear by the neck as a symbol of his crime. At first I thought she was just trying to scare us, but when I asked around several friends said they new of the  "story" from various other sorses. I did my research, and even tried to go on a little adventure to the spot. None of my friends were brave enough to accompany me. so I never actually went. But like your story, I could find no confermed documentation of the discribed events. And being an amature detective I thought it bad police work to not collect the bears as evidance sence some one obviously knew in order to tell the story.   I was really amazed by the similartied with your story and what surposedly happened out here. I do believe its just a story. It has been my experiance upon great study of serial killers, that child killers are especially sensationalized. For there to be no news paper articals archived or documented word anywhere I debunked the story. That doesn't mean if a tree falls in the forest and know one hears it, it didnt happen. But its probably just a story.

I live in Pleasanton and was in High School 1970-1974.  There was a tree that had hanging doll on it but not on Pleasanton Ridge.  The tree hung over the road that went between Pleasanton & Sunol.  I belive it was right before an overpass.  My friend found a doll on the side of the road that had fallen off the tree.  I still have never heard who put the dolls there but it sounds like an urban legend has grown from a a real event.  Of course the dolls aren't hanging there anymore and I don't know who took them down.


#65    donp_lr25

donp_lr25

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined:08 May 2009

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:52 PM

I recently visited this park with no knowledge of this story.  I went with two girls and one guys.  Nothing out of the ordinary happened. I plan to go back sometime soon now that i hear this story.  Anyone down to come? lol


#66    MDeacon

MDeacon

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Joined:29 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:39 PM

Man I'm dying to see some footage of the actual cabin and children's playground... I watched the clips but these 2 locations I would love to get a glimpse of.

The G.R.I.M Union
To Explain the Unexplained.


#67    chaseh1

chaseh1

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2009

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:50 AM

this is really interesting and your research sounds like its going well. keep up the good work and please keep me informed!


#68    jdm94

jdm94

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined:28 Jul 2010

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:33 AM

I actually went to the park today with a couple of friends, i couldnt really find the trail leading up to the childrens playground though, any help?


#69    HollyDolly

HollyDolly

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts
  • Joined:02 Aug 2006

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:50 PM

View PostDying Seraph, on 03 July 2007 - 12:02 AM, said:

<!--quoteo(post=1753819:date=Jul 1 2007, 10:45 PM:name=JustNormal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JustNormal @ Jul 1 2007, 10:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1753819"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That entire scenario is just too disturbing due to the context of what happened to children.. <img src="http://www.unexplain...O_DIR#>/no.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":no:" border="0" alt="no.gif" /><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->


             Thank you for sharing your interest in this topic. As of this moment in time I am still seeking info on not only any youths murdered at the park but of the lunatic that commited these atrocities. Unfortunately I am not certain as to if he was caught or if he got away. I just recently discovered a little more info on this Park but not enough so far to continue on to a part 2 of this topic. However some interesting info was that the park was closed from 2002 to 2006 for what the county says was just to restore some of the park. Now, I have seen first hand the repairs they have done and there is no way that it should have taken 4 years to accomplish. They simply repainted some restroom areas, added an extra B.B.Q. or two and supposedly fixed some of the trails. The work they did should not have taken 4 years to accomplish. But then people that work for the county take their time to make more money. As to why the park was closed, it could simply be that they just wanted to fix up the park. But it could just have easily been closed by the count due to the stories surrounding this place. I shall not jump to either of those conclusions until I know more.
Your right,why close the park for 4 years.In my home town,we have a city park,maybe not as many acres, but still a good size.They have done work there over the last couple of years like playground equipement,etc.But at no time did the city stop people from using the park. Wonder if there is any truth to these stories.


#70    random hero

random hero

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined:04 Sep 2010

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:16 AM

View PostHollyDolly, on 28 July 2010 - 05:50 PM, said:

Your right,why close the park for 4 years.In my home town,we have a city park,maybe not as many acres, but still a good size.They have done work there over the last couple of years like playground equipement,etc.But at no time did the city stop people from using the park. Wonder if there is any truth to these stories.

i have been there and seen the park before and after repairs and its ture the work they did should have not tookin that long now im not going 2 lie there is a unsettling feeling when u go there at night i went with 3 of my friends who r taggers we went in through a hole in the fence that took us to this very creepy path and every1 had the feeling of being watched by something the only way 2 describ it is an dark force u can feel the evil so we keep walking and went up 2 the old restrooms aka "shack" where the lunatic lived we sat up there blazeing when we heared the death screams of a kid is what i would call it like if some1 was being murdered we jumped up and ran down a path that took us 2 the second gate the whole time being chased by something u can hear the bushes moving behind us along the path way it could have been a animal but if it was most animals r know 2 attack whe u run and that dont explane the screams any way i find out a couple of months ago the story of what 2 the kids there i dont know if its true but i used 2 live in west covina and i have been warned not 2 go there at night becuase devil worshipers go there and do some ****ed up **** from what i hear thats who proibaly chased out the investgators with knives ive been there many times and i still go if any1 interested in checking out i can show u when every thing in there is


#71    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,538 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:47 AM

View Postrandom hero, on 04 September 2010 - 02:16 AM, said:

i have been there and seen the park before and after repairs and its ture the work they did should have not tookin that long now im not going 2 lie there is a unsettling feeling when u go there at night i went with 3 of my friends who r taggers we went in through a hole in the fence that took us to this very creepy path and every1 had the feeling of being watched by something the only way 2 describ it is an dark force u can feel the evil so we keep walking and went up 2 the old restrooms aka "shack" where the lunatic lived we sat up there blazeing when we heared the death screams of a kid is what i would call it like if some1 was being murdered we jumped up and ran down a path that took us 2 the second gate the whole time being chased by something u can hear the bushes moving behind us along the path way it could have been a animal but if it was most animals r know 2 attack whe u run and that dont explane the screams any way i find out a couple of months ago the story of what 2 the kids there i dont know if its true but i used 2 live in west covina and i have been warned not 2 go there at night becuase devil worshipers go there and do some ****ed up **** from what i hear thats who proibaly chased out the investgators with knives ive been there many times and i still go if any1 interested in checking out i can show u when every thing in there is

The bold there is the BIGGEST load ever! .....There are no devil worshipers hanging out in parks , or anywhere.This is the biggest urban legend/scare tactic ever.....

So , you and your friends are out tagging a park.....Nice.I hope you get caught , although the laws are not strict enough , and you will not get what you deserve.Do you know what tagging does?People go there with their families to try to enjoy themselves , just to see that crap....Taxpayers have to pay ( us adults , your parents) to have it cleaned up.....Makes me sick....It also just verifies how our youth are now , not caring about anything but themselves.I guess if you want to prove people right on this theory , keep it up..Spend more time on your grammar , and spelling , instead of out breaking laws , and ruining other persons property.

As for the "legends" , they are obviously not true , a simple search , and/or a simple trip to the records at the library would show this..

Anyway , please stop tagging , and try to convince your friends just how ignorant doing this is.This country is in enough trouble , we do not need to make it worse with our future.( meaning you guys , our children)....

Edited by Sakari, 04 September 2010 - 04:50 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#72    random hero

random hero

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined:04 Sep 2010

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:23 AM

View PostSakari, on 04 September 2010 - 04:47 AM, said:

The bold there is the BIGGEST load ever! .....There are no devil worshipers hanging out in parks , or anywhere.This is the biggest urban legend/scare tactic ever.....

So , you and your friends are out tagging a park.....Nice.I hope you get caught , although the laws are not strict enough , and you will not get what you deserve.Do you know what tagging does?People go there with their families to try to enjoy themselves , just to see that crap....Taxpayers have to pay ( us adults , your parents) to have it cleaned up.....Makes me sick....It also just verifies how our youth are now , not caring about anything but themselves.I guess if you want to prove people right on this theory , keep it up..Spend more time on your grammar , and spelling , instead of out breaking laws , and ruining other persons property.

As for the "legends" , they are obviously not true , a simple search , and/or a simple trip to the records at the library would show this..

Anyway , please stop tagging , and try to convince your friends just how ignorant doing this is.This country is in enough trouble , we do not need to make it worse with our future.( meaning you guys , our children)....

dude i didnt tag i was just hanging out with them as 4 the devil worshiping was just some thing i heared and  *snip*


Welcome to UM Random hero, you're only two posts in and I've had to edit you already. It'd be appreciated if you pipe it down a notch. These kind insults will not be tolerated here and I don't want to see anything like this from you again. Consider this a warning. -SupeRgirl

Edited by SupeRgirl, 07 September 2010 - 11:33 AM.
Profanity and crude rude remark removed


#73    Joker_Vamp

Joker_Vamp

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined:22 Sep 2012

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:20 AM

Been here a couple times and most of the time it just feels like any park at night. I have been searching for haunted places and after visiting Galster Park I felt slighty disappointed. There are usually people sneaking in and making noises or drinking ( I'm always finding unfinished bottles of beer on the floor) I have only caught one EVP of what sounded like a scream after hanging out in the ruined restroom area. I don't believe in the murder stories told about this place but that doesn't mean there isn't any spirits here. So far though it seems like the only energy in this park is the negative energy we put in it, I haven't found any evidence of any intelligent energy here.  I've been trying to find others who enjoy and would like to learn more about the paranormal so if anyone is near the west Covina area let me know haha


#74    GoSC

GoSC

    HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

  • Member
  • 2,615 posts
  • Joined:26 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Silver Mountain

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:46 AM

View PostJoker_Vamp, on 22 September 2012 - 01:20 AM, said:

Been here a couple times and most of the time it just feels like any park at night. I have been searching for haunted places and after visiting Galster Park I felt slighty disappointed. There are usually people sneaking in and making noises or drinking ( I'm always finding unfinished bottles of beer on the floor) I have only caught one EVP of what sounded like a scream after hanging out in the ruined restroom area. I don't believe in the murder stories told about this place but that doesn't mean there isn't any spirits here. So far though it seems like the only energy in this park is the negative energy we put in it, I haven't found any evidence of any intelligent energy here.  I've been trying to find others who enjoy and would like to learn more about the paranormal so if anyone is near the west Covina area let me know haha

That  place has got to have a creepy vibe though just knowing its history and what took place there.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#75    Joker_Vamp

Joker_Vamp

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined:22 Sep 2012

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:15 AM

It can feel pretty creepy at times, but it's "history" tends to usually be just stories people tell to get you in the mood. Unless I find proof of these stories being real they will remain that, just stories.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users