Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gay marriage 'to be illegal'

gat marriage maria miller

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#361    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,956 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 14 December 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

God didnt make people gay they decided they wanted to be.

That's hardly true.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#362    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,956 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 14 December 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

The rejection of gay ppl turned many against god, that is the fault of the church and what they perpetrate, this is changing whether you like it or not.

You're right with all your post, especially that. It's certainly put me off christianity for life.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#363    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,717 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

why do you think a lot of gay people don't believe in god, do you think it's because gods not real, do you think it's because they are gay and they just can't quit being gay for long enough to believe just like the drug addict, the adulterer etc, or do you think it's because the church pushed them away?

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#364    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,717 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

View PostCassea, on 14 December 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

This is a debate on homosexuality.  I do not disagree with you.  But the OP is about The Church of England, The Church of Wales and.  By extension the Catholic Church not being forced to perform gay weddings.  Please notice that a discussion about.  Homosexuality.  Is not the same thing as a discussion about performing. Gay Weddings in a church. They are very different topics.

Peace to you too my Christian sister. :)

I do agree that A church in particular who doesn't agree with something shouldn't be forced to do so, but, I can see both sides.... That suing brings out in the open that they are bigoted, and that since there is a movement, ppl will take their stance and fight, dispite the fact that the natural instinct would be to go to another church that accepts them..

But I was actually responding to the fact that you said that an individual doesn't get to describe what Christianity is. I don't agree with that. I do define my own Christianity...

Edited by SpiritWriter, 14 December 2012 - 11:37 PM.

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#365    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,717 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 14 December 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

You're right with all your post, especially that. It's certainly put me off christianity for life.

Sorry, :( on behalf of the church I apologize... It is a shame... I will not start preaching here but I should....

#366    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,956 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 14 December 2012 - 11:40 PM, said:

Sorry, :( on behalf of the church I apologize... It is a shame... I will not start preaching here but I should....

It's ok. I've lived a better life than some and at least I wasn't in a position to get victimised by the church and it's teachings (like those mentioned in your post).

I never believed in the whole Jesus thing to begin with and the way other christians treat gay people, how shamefully they do it and how openly they do... well, its made me firmly reject it. Why would I want to be part of it? Even a liberal one still bases it's teachings on the same thing that harms so many. I don't want to be associated with it at all.

#367    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 14 December 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

Thats how its starts
Irony you posting a picture with a nazi swatchka

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#368    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,717 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 14 December 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

It's ok. I've lived a better life than some and at least I wasn't in a position to get victimised by the church and it's teachings (like those mentioned in your post).

I never believed in the whole Jesus thing to begin with and the way other christians treat gay people, how shamefully they do it and how openly they do... well, its made me firmly reject it. Why would I want to be part of it? Even a liberal one still bases it's teachings on the same thing that harms so many. I don't want to be associated with it at all.

It hasn't harmed me, well actually that's not true it has harmed me, but knowing god has enriched me... But it's all good, I respect your position.

Edited by SpiritWriter, 14 December 2012 - 11:52 PM.

#369    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 14 December 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

I do agree that A church in particular who doesn't agree with something shouldn't be forced to do so, but, I can see both sides.... That suing brings out in the open that they are bigoted, and that since there is a movement, ppl will take their stance and fight, dispite the fact that the natural instinct would be to go to another church that accepts them..

But I was actually responding to the fact that you said that an individual doesn't get to describe what Christianity is. I don't agree with that. I do define my own Christianity...

An individual doesn't get to describe what Christianity is for everyone else.  You can only do so for yourself.   JGirl sitting here saying "That is the definition of Christianity" is foolish.  As you say. We define our own beliefs.  The more organized churches will do so in a more rigid way.   But JGirl can't deny their version because she has a different one. That is silly.

Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury communication issues.   http://www.asha.org/.../#comm_problems

#370    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,956 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 14 December 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

It hasn't harmed me, well actually that's not true it has harmed me, but knowing god has enriched me... But it's all good, I respect your position.

I often wonder that. Why is knowing god so important? What is it about that which makes people become liable to forget basic compassion, empathy and love?

#371    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,717 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

View PostCassea, on 14 December 2012 - 11:55 PM, said:

An individual doesn't get to describe what Christianity is for everyone else.  You can only do so for yourself.   JGirl sitting here saying "That is the definition of Christianity" is foolish.  As you say. We define our own beliefs.  The more organized churches will do so in a more rigid way.   But JGirl can't deny their version because she has a different one. That is silly.

That's what I don't like about more rigid churches I hate people telling me what I have to believe when I know god for myself... They preach to listen for the voice of god but when you hear it they tell you your wrong because it didn't come out of the bible or the mouth of the pastor....

The church teaches anti-gay, but more criminally it also takes god away from the people, it confines him to a hierarchy that's impossible to climb.

#372    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,717 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

View Postshadowhive, on 15 December 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

I often wonder that. Why is knowing god so important? What is it about that which makes people become liable to forget basic compassion, empathy and love?

Christianity does not teach rejection to compassion, empathy and love, it rather encourages it most exuberantly, you cannot see this side of it because of the starkness of the rejection of homosexuality. In truth, although it may seem that a Christian is hateful toward gays (and indeed some of them are, but who of us has been able to cast off all hatred?) but actually they regard homosexuality as a sin, they do not hate the person, but think they need to repent and be saved, since they are not gay, they think it's something that can be controlled....

#373    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,717 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

View Postshadowhive, on 15 December 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

Getting close to god is a very powerful thing... Because of that power, many get confused and begin to think that in order to stay in that power they have to follow strictly to a higher teaching.. This does wonders for discipline and miraculous change but it also makes one vulnerable to cult like mentality where you will believe severly and belief in my opinion is geared to the wrong thing... The teachings of man, and manipulated religion, instead of the inner teachings of god... It's very deep.... Can't be all surmised here, but knowing god is very important for believers.

#374    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 15 December 2012 - 12:18 AM, said:

Getting close to god is a very powerful thing... Because of that power, many get confused and begin to think that in order to stay in that power they have to follow strictly to a higher teaching.. This does wonders for discipline and miraculous change but it also makes one vulnerable to cult like mentality where you will believe severly and belief in my opinion is geared to the wrong thing... The teachings of man, and manipulated religion, instead of the inner teachings of god... It's very deep.... Can't be all surmised here, but knowing god is very important for believers.

Well said.  I do notice an inner peace with you SpiritWriter.  You can see God at world.  The sad cold miserable experience of shadowhive.  Shows  the difference God makes in our lives.

Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury communication issues.   http://www.asha.org/.../#comm_problems

#375    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,956 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

View PostCassea, on 15 December 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

Well said.  I do notice an inner peace with you SpiritWriter.  You can see God at world.  The sad cold miserable experience of shadowhive.  Shows  the difference God makes in our lives.

Yes I have had miserable experiences due to believers, but my life is far from sad, cold and miserable. I do not have a book that tells me every thought that crosses my mind is a sin. I don't need to repent every five seconds. I don't see those things and thing 'damn I'm missing out!' I just feel sorry for people that see sin everywhere and just can't live their lives.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users