Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Winchester Mystery House movie

_Only

THE WORLD’S MOST HAUNTED HOUSE

OPENS ITS DOORS TO HAMMER

IMAGINATION DESIGN WORKS, INC. AND NINE/8 ENTERTAINMENT

TO CO-PRODUCE

movie.jpg

THE ICONIC PRODUCTION CO. OPTIONS RIGHTS TO DEVELOP AND PRODUCE HORROR FEATURE FILM

Los Angeles, CA (April 27, 2012) – In the first deal of its kind, the San Jose, California based Winchester Mystery House considered the “world’s most haunted house” is authorizing Hammer, an Exclusive Media company, the use of its unique property for a feature film based on its legendary story. Hammer has optioned all rights to develop and produce the feature film with Imagination Design Works (IDW) and Nine/8 Entertainment, it was announced today by Simon Oakes, Vice-Chairman of Exclusive Media and President & CEO of Hammer, and Guy East and Nigel Sinclair, Co-Chairmen of Exclusive Media.

http://winchestermysteryhouse.com/themovie.cfm

I don't know how this movie hasn't been made yet. The true story is almost stranger than fiction, and would make for a great spooky story, if not going overboard in silliness. And filming in the actual house is an added bonus. It also leads to childlike wondering if Sarah's "curse" will sweep down on the film crew, adding it to join the ranks of other famous film curses.

If done well, it could be a great movie. If done badly, well, it would still be kind of cool.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 3

I saw the title,and wondered if Dean and Sam were getting a movie .

I always hear this house isnt really haunted ,just bizarre.

There was that house where people vanished . One even vanished during a guided tour . I think they made a movie about that one .

No one has vanished at the house. They just get lost. I visited the house in 2004 while living in CA. One can very easily get lost if you're not paying attention. I don't think the house is haunted, but it's very weird.

I don't know if the house is haunted, but she was, whether you think it was psychological haunting or spirits. But I would never have learned anything about this from the tour I took a few days ago. They changed the format very recently to only talk about the construction and materials of the house. It was extremely boring, unless you happen to be a construction worker or mason, I suppose.

Why the hell did they change it? Now no one will go.

They said they were "trying something new" after 40 years of the same format, making it "less spiritual". I don't think it will last long.

Edited by _Only

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the same. Dean and Sam.

Pity no Winchester brother pictures.

*weeps*

I saw the title,and wondered if Dean and Sam were getting a movie .

I always hear this house isnt really haunted ,just bizarre.

There was that house where people vanished . One even vanished during a guided tour . I think they made a movie about that one .

That is awesome! LOL.

I am surprised that this hasn't been done before, either, _only