Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Aussie anti whalers buy Japan govt vessel

bah hahahaha !!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 11,205 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:10 AM

they come into Australian waters to do it - nick them, scuttle the boat and send them home in shame.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#17    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,130 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 12 December 2012 - 06:10 AM, said:

they come into Australian waters to do it - nick them, scuttle the boat and send them home in shame.

Problem being, the territorial claims are a bit like buying a piece of land o the moon. Officially, our territory has not been breached by global standards, it only extends legally to 12 nautical miles from the coastline. Although we have made larger claims, they are not internationally recognised.

Edited by psyche101, 12 December 2012 - 08:26 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#18    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:42 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 December 2012 - 05:54 AM, said:

Greenpeace are doing a much better job, they actually have made some headway. And they have never sunk a single ship.

LINK

That is the sort of thing that will work, and has in the past. The Sea Shepard has not so much as made a dent in decades, it just gets worse every time. Watson buys a boat, The Japanese buy two and twice as big. I reckon if Watson had any balls he would be trying to get some real dirt in these people that would shame them out of whaling, like the above attempt. We canot tell them to stop, but their own people can.

They had to sack Watson Link

Not making any impact, but really cheesing a lot of people off, and inciting them to hit back with a renewed effort.

And, the fishing is not illegal at all.

Where is Greenpeace doings a better job ?
This ?hardy.
http://www.greenpeac...panese-whaling/

The Shepard actually STOPS them from hunting ,as nothing else does. If that's cheesing people off ,they would all be in jail at Japan request ,which seems to be the opposite of what happens.

So his being sacked,is rather inconsequential in most people's opinions.
The Japanese have no intention of stopping,or slowing up .

http://www.japantoda...opposition-poll
Greenpeace is talking out the left side of its mouth to soothe everyone's butthurt,on both sides.
Nothing has changed AT ALL .

So they waste whale meat  ,and actually label dolphin meat as whale and cuttlefish .
So they kill whales,waste the meat,then slaughter dolphins,and label it as whale meat .
Whales around Japan have been found to be radioactive ,why do you think they want the rest of the worlds whales now ?

It's disgusting .
Ever see some Japanese whaling .
http://revmodo.com/2...-goes-to-waste/
As its lovely .
As is the rejection of a whale sanctuary .
This is too much for them to handle .

http://latimesblogs....-sanctuary.html

And last year the Japanese agreed to stay out of north Atlantic waters,which they repeatedly VIOLATED ,so yes,it was illegal .

I hope the sea Shepard kicks their asses again this year .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 12 December 2012 - 08:54 AM.

Miss me?

#19    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,130 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 12 December 2012 - 08:42 AM, said:

Where is Greenpeace doings a better job ?
This ?hardy.
http://www.greenpeac...panese-whaling/

What, proving illegal activities so Japan actually can be put on the stand, and shaming whaling to it's own people? I'd say that's a good start.

From the link:

Then, in May 2008, Greenpeace uncovered a huge scandal; prime cuts of whale meat were being smuggled ashore by the crew of the Japanese whaling factory ship, Nisshin Maru, for illegal trade and personal gain, at the Japanese taxpayer's expense. The story drew massive media coverage in Japan, and the ire of many Japanese people, incensed at the corruption at the heart of the whaling industry. Our work resulted in an investigation of the whaling industry by Tokyo's public prosecutor, and a massive blow to the credibility of Japan's whaling programme.

The Shepard actually STOPS them from hunting ,as nothing else does. If that's cheesing people off ,they would all be in jail at Japan request ,which seems to be the opposite of what happens.

No, they do not, if anything they incite the Japanese to keep Whaling. The Sea Shepard has been operating for 35 years. Why are the Japanese still in the water?

Whaling actually stopped in 1986, that's right Japan signed a moratorium voluntarily saying they would not kill any more whales, until the US told them where they can fish, Japans took this as an insult, and went back to Whaling. IMHO, this should be a massive red flag. Telling Japan what they can do is going to put Japan on the offensive. You cannot change culture like that.

In the entire history of Whaling, the only time it has stopped on Japans behalf is when table negations were amicable to all. Watson is trying to Bully the Japanese nation. That is not ever going to work.

So his being sacked,is rather inconsequential in most people's opinions.

That a conservation society sacked him? That is significant.

The Japanese have no intention of stopping,or slowing up .

Then why did they stop in 1986?

This ,or dolphin slaughter . They actually label dolphin meat at whale and cuttlefish .
It's disgusting .

Of course they label it. How else do you know what is in the can?

How do you feel about dog and cat human consumption?

Ever see some Japanese whaling .
http://revmodo.com/2...-goes-to-waste/
As its lovely .

Yep indeed, and I do not agree with it for a second, exactly the opposite. I am just pointing out that the Sea Shepard makes things worse while telling people they make things better. It's all a big show for Watson. That is all. I want to see whaling stop, that is why I feel the Sea Shepard should be grounded, and we should try another tactic with Japan. It's been 35 years, how many more until we figure out that one small group of men bullying a proud nation does not work?

Edited by psyche101, 12 December 2012 - 08:59 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#20    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 December 2012 - 08:57 AM, said:

What, proving illegal activities so Japan actually can be put on the stand, and shaming whaling to it's own people? I'd say that's a good start.

From the link:
I

No, they do not, if anything they incite the Japanese to keep Whaling. The Sea Shepard has been operating for 35 years. Why are the Japanese still in the water?

Whaling actually stopped in 1986, that's right Japan signed a moratorium voluntarily saying they would not kill any more whales, until the US told them where they can fish, Japans took this as an insult, and went back to Whaling.

In the entire history of Whaling, the only time it has stopped on Japans behalf is when table negations were amicable to all. Watson is trying to Bully the Japanese nation. That is not ever going to work.

That a conservation society sacked him? That is significant.

Then why did they stop in 1986?

Of course they label it. How else do you know what is in the can?

How do you feel about dog and cat human consumption?

Yep indeed, and I do not agree with it for a second, exactly the opposite. I am just pointing out that the Sea Shepard makes things worse while telling people they make things better. It's all a big show for Watson. That is all. I want to see whaling stop, that is why I feel the Sea Shepard should be grounded, and we should try another tactic with Japan. It's been 35 years, how many more until we figure out that one small group of men bullying a proud nation does not work?

And its significant he's arrested and released by every other country ,repeatedly .
You are obviously too naive to get it .

http://animal.discov...g-violation.htm

http://latimesblogs....rmly-respo.html

http://www.democrati...ess=102x3073762

And they're so shamed ,we can tell by how they keep killing the whales.
And mislabeled whale meat makes sense to you ?
Yah ,ok .
Whatever you say .

And did you miss this link ?
Shame ? WHERE ?
They're laughing at Greenpeace .

http://www.japantoda...opposition-poll

It says,NATIONAL CONSENSUS IN JAPAN IS TO CONTINUE WHALING,DESPITE OUTCRY FROM THE REST OF THE WORLD .

So umm,where are they shamed ? As this poll is from a week ago,so I'm missing the shame ....

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 12 December 2012 - 09:07 AM.

Miss me?

#21    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

a dark, sarcastic, depressing blanket of nihilism

• 25,394 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

if there's anyone who doesn't think they're a bunch of dangerously irresponsible cowboys, remember how they deliberately parked their boat in front of a Japanese ship so it could hardly avoid ramming it, thus the skipper knowingly put his crew's lives at risk; they're really very little different from terrorists if you ask me.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#22    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,130 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 12 December 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

And its significant he's arrested and released by every other country ,repeatedly .
You are obviously too naive to get it .

http://animal.discov...g-violation.htm

There is no need to go that far, I could call you naive for banging the same drum for 35 years couldn't I?

Ohh LOL, just read your link. Crikey Moses. It's hype!! Notice the page title - Whale Wars! Watsons TV show!!

Who does not know the Japanese are using a loophole in the law?? That does not make their actions illegal.

How do you violate a voluntary treaty? I see they forgot to mention that bit!!

Japan does not have to be part of the IWC, participation is voluntary.

From Wikipedia:

The IWC was created by voluntary agreement among the member nations to function as the sole governing body with authority to act under the International Convention for the Regulation of Whaling which is an international environmental agreement signed in 1946 in order to "provide for the proper conservation of whale stocks and thus make possible the orderly development of the whaling industry" and to implement its economic and environmental goals.

#23    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,130 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

View Post747400, on 12 December 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

if there's anyone who doesn't think they're a bunch of dangerously irresponsible cowboys, remember how they deliberately parked their boat in front of a Japanese ship so it could hardly avoid ramming it, thus the skipper knowingly put his crew's lives at risk; they're really very little different from terrorists if you ask me.

Indeed, the Cetacean Institute of Research and many countries do officially label them as terrorists. The have sunk ships, they carry guns, vandalised, all sorts of nasty breaches of the law, not sure what more people need.

#24    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

View Post747400, on 12 December 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

The crews on both sides know what they are signing on for .Again ,they stop them ,where no laws or talks or bull**** they blow up our ass does.
I hope they do it as many times as it takes,because THIS is what brought the whaling issue to the publics attention .Not anything Greenpeace has done .
People getting into the water at Taiji ,so they couldn't kill the dolphins ,and having warrents out out for their arrest,is what brought the dolphin slaughter to the public eye.
Not anything anyone else was doing .

People put their lives at risk ,to make the true point. I would call those people heros .

Miss me?

#25    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 December 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

Indeed, the Cetacean Institute of Research and many countries do officially label them as terrorists. The have sunk ships, they carry guns, vandalised, all sorts of nasty breaches of the law, not sure what more people need.

Where do I sign up ?

Miss me?

#26    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,349 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

Ending whaling in Japan would have a huge problem

#27    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 11,205 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 December 2012 - 08:26 AM, said:

Problem being, the territorial claims are a bit like buying a piece of land o the moon. Officially, our territory has not been breached by global standards, it only extends legally to 12 nautical miles from the coastline. Although we have made larger claims, they are not internationally recognised.
they have to refuel don't they?
Nixk 'em when they'e in port.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#28    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

but the whalers arent breaking any laws ;)

#29    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

a dark, sarcastic, depressing blanket of nihilism

• 25,394 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 12 December 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

they have to refuel don't they?
I'm afraid that would be purely & simply terrorism.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#30    didymusclairvoyant

didymusclairvoyant

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

''The Japanese did a great job of building this ship,'' Mr McLean said. ''And they maintained it like new.''

Read more: http://www.theage.co...l#ixzz2EsbjEkOT

I have to agree, they did do a good job on building that ship

• 4a. Advertising: Do not use your signature or profile to promote commercial products, services or web sites.
  • 4b. Image Size: Signatures should be no larger than 500x150 pixels. Images used in signatures or avatars should not exceed 100k.
  • 4c. Distracting images: Please avoid the use of flashing or overly distracting animated signature or avatar images.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users