Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Siberia:Divers find mystery jaws and skeleton

lake labynkyr devil siberia

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#46    MOSUGOJI

MOSUGOJI

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Maybe it's some sort of overgrown eel. That would make for a nasty surprise to run into while scuba diving. Not to mention the bone numbing cold of that Siberian lake would deter me fron ever diving in it even while wearing a dry suit.

#47    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 07 February 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

what about a orca?

Orca's do occasionally swim into freshwater rivers, however this is a very very rare event. But The lake being totally landlocked there is even very little chance of that. How would it have gotten there and survived this long without totally destroying the ecosystem? I doubt it's possible at all, sorry.

View PostMOSUGOJI, on 07 February 2013 - 08:03 PM, said:

Maybe it's some sort of overgrown eel. That would make for a nasty surprise to run into while scuba diving. Not to mention the bone numbing cold of that Siberian lake would deter me fron ever diving in it even while wearing a dry suit.

What kind of eel you have in mind? I know that for example the south american varieties can have a rather descend size.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#48    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

I was wondering when someone would find grandma's falsies, after she lost them on our last lake bbq. :yes:

#49    MOSUGOJI

MOSUGOJI

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

View PostTheSearcher, on 07 February 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

Orca's do occasionally swim into freshwater rivers, however this is a very very rare event. But The lake being totally landlocked there is even very little chance of that. How would it have gotten there and survived this long without totally destroying the ecosystem? I doubt it's possible at all, sorry.

What kind of eel you have in mind? I know that for example the south american varieties can have a rather descend size.

I was thinking of a basic eel that is a eunuch  or sterile since they supposedly don't migrate out to sea to breed and die. They just stay put,eat and keep growing. That may be the answer for other lake and sea monsters too.

#50    Thegreatsilence

Thegreatsilence

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

Well the beast was compared to an orca by an eyewitness, I presume that's why Richard Nixon found this result on Google. That Labynkyr creature is supposed to sport a half meter, bending backward, narrow dorsal fin and  was given the length of 10 meters ! I think the dorsal fin would rather account for a sturgeon's tail, and the animal's size an exaggeration, albeit it still remain a very huge fish. I found those additional details on the CFZ blog site.

#51    Thegreatsilence

Thegreatsilence

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

*Damn, I should've said a sturgeon's tail would rather account for the dorsal fin.

#52    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

No worries still makes perfect sense, mate. And yes that might be the case, or like MOSUGOJI thinks an over grown eel.

View PostThegreatsilence, on 08 February 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

*Damn, I should've said a sturgeon's tail would rather account for the dorsal fin.

Still clear enough what you meant mate, not to worry.

View PostMOSUGOJI, on 08 February 2013 - 02:33 AM, said:

I was thinking of a basic eel that is a eunuch  or sterile since they supposedly don't migrate out to sea to breed and die. They just stay put,eat and keep growing. That may be the answer for other lake and sea monsters too.

Eels don't necessarily need the sea to breed and die, some species of sweet water eels don't.  But not a bad idea at all.

Edited by TheSearcher, 08 February 2013 - 01:47 PM.

Publilius Syrus.

#53    Chooky88

Chooky88

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

Probably the same guys who found the Baltic Anomaly. Details are scarce blah blah blah

#54    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,635 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Still no photos?

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#55    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 11 February 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

Still no photos?

You were seriously hoping for some? Really?

Publilius Syrus.

#56    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,635 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

View PostTheSearcher, on 11 February 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

You were seriously hoping for some? Really?

Sure.  Doesn't mean I expected them.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#57    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 11 February 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

Sure.  Doesn't mean I expected them.

LOL, fair enough. Besides considering the source, even if pictures do turn up, I'd be suspicious to be honest.

Publilius Syrus.

#58    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,806 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

View Postbloodworld, on 07 February 2013 - 03:09 AM, said:

Maybe it's Loch Ness Monster :o

Well Nessie does not seem to be home..........

These Russins do get some luck don't they? Downed saucers, ET contact, Yetis all over the place, cracked crop circles, remote viewing and now they have stolen Nessie. I imagine they all look pretty much like Doc Brown from Back To The Future, only with Vodka bottles in hand.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#59    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,806 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:51 AM

View PostSweetpumper, on 11 February 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

Still no photos?

Yeah a few

Of the "team".

Not the "find" though.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#60    mcrguy18

mcrguy18

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

• Ghost, Monsters and Demons i get but people are just crazy.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

View PostPlanB, on 04 February 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

Yeah, how do you say "pics or ****" in Russian?
фотографий или получить к черту

that's how

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users