Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Griffins

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#46    Penelope_the_Penguin

Penelope_the_Penguin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

• This kind of obsession with pretty gay love was frankly unhealthy.

Posted 04 November 2003 - 03:19 AM

Edited

Sorry, I'm an English and Classical Studies teacher at James Hargiss High School in Invercargill. I'm a bit of a stickler for spelling and I apologise for that. Also, many of the other sites I go on are for work where posts or articles are all correct.

And you must be from America to talk about spelling bees. They just don't happen anywhere else in the world.

Thanks for the site MoonFox. Much appreciated.

Edited by Magikman, 04 November 2003 - 05:05 AM.

"Is clothing optional?" A man down the front called out.

Aimee looked imperiously down at him. "Yes, yes it is."
DOOM to all who ask how long I've thought I'm a penguin.
"Curlers," Draco said, distracted from the blaze. "So... Granger, the hair is deliberate?"

"Well... yes," Hermione answered, flustered. "I wanted everyone to think I was a natural beauty." She began to sob into Ernie's paper bag. "Now that's out, too!"

"A human being did that to their hair on purpose," Draco said. He looked very young and scared, suddenly. He looped an arm around Zacharias' waist and added tremulously, "Hold me."

Zacharias did. Justin ran past, and yelled, "More power to you, rainbow brethren!" - Maya, How the Badger Has Fallen
"Hello, Mother," he said. "The school burned down. It was evil invaders. Also, I appear to be gay."

Ivy Smith shrugged. "I'll make coffee."
"I can resist anything but temptation" - Oscar Wilde

#47    Penelope_the_Penguin

Penelope_the_Penguin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 03:23 AM

Oh, and just to point out Bigdog112. You didn't just mispell griffin (which, by the way, is the correct spelling) but:

Bigdog112's sentence "a grifen half eagal half loin not a realy posibel animal"

Corrected sentence: "A Griffin, half eagle, half lion, not a really possible animal." Notice the difference? I know I'm pedantic but not even my year nine classes spell that badly.    

"Curlers," Draco said, distracted from the blaze. "So... Granger, the hair is deliberate?"

"Well... yes," Hermione answered, flustered. "I wanted everyone to think I was a natural beauty." She began to sob into Ernie's paper bag. "Now that's out, too!"

"A human being did that to their hair on purpose," Draco said. He looked very young and scared, suddenly. He looped an arm around Zacharias' waist and added tremulously, "Hold me."

Zacharias did. Justin ran past, and yelled, "More power to you, rainbow brethren!" - Maya, How the Badger Has Fallen
"Hello, Mother," he said. "The school burned down. It was evil invaders. Also, I appear to be gay."

#48    thepsychoticseaotter

thepsychoticseaotter

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

• Ice, Snow, Blood and Iron!!!

Posted 04 November 2003 - 03:31 AM

Penelope I am laughing so hard right now I can barley type  laugh.gif  that was FUNNY!!!!  

Ravens KeepA forum for Classic D&D, AD&D and the upcoming Castles and Crusades.

Soon it's over, all the dwarfs defeated
The silence of the caverns stand still
Orcs took the command of the caves and depths
The darklord has reached his will ---Battlelore

Fill my mug, I just want to forget
All the troubles and fighting
And the ghosts in my head --Battlelore

#49    Penelope_the_Penguin

Penelope_the_Penguin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 03:32 AM

Thanks... wink2.gif  

#50    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 04 November 2003 - 05:11 AM

Just a quick note to the members. It would be appreciated that posts similar to Bigdogs be reported to us so that problems can be kept to a minimum and outbursts like his don't escalate beyond manageability. This could have become far uglier than it did.

Magikman

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#51    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

• may the horse of Caligula drop one in your senate building.

Posted 04 November 2003 - 05:58 AM

That was a great retort penelope!  thumbsup.gif  laugh.gif  thumbsup.gif  
   but Why do I always miss the excitement..??  Or as bigdog would put it " wy doo i aslwys mis teh escitme nt?"
I just couldnt help myself ; I checked out his other postings and have concluded that perhaps he rode the short bus to school.

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

#52    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 04 November 2003 - 06:11 AM

Taunting also doesn't help the situation any, I think its best that this thread end here.

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users