Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you support the Obama Terror trials?

Sir Wearer of Hats

24 members have voted

1. 1. Well do you, punk??

Seeing as Araceus started a thread without a poll, I thought I'd save them the time and do one for them.

Do you support Obama terror trials?

Original thread here: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=169596

Edited by Wearer of Hats

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ninjadude

• TRUEYOUTRUEME

• AROCES

• Pseudo Intellectual

I just regret that they come 8 years too late.

You know if you're going to call them terra trials, then we should trial bush/cheney/rumsfeld/etc. as well.

Let me put it in a way that most people can really understand.

YOU DAMN RIGHT I SUPPORT THE <INSERT EXPLETIVE THAT CAN GET BE BAN> TERROR TRIALS!

Edited by wolfram&hart12345

I support them, even thought their eight years to late. <_<

These are civilian trials. They're not really "terror trials." They're show trials. Both Holder and Obama have said they're "confident" of the outcome, that KSM wouldn't be freed. So much for "innocent until found guilty."

And does anyone think that, if he was found innocent, the Obama Administration would just let him walk? Ha! They'd arrest him the minute the judge says "not guilty."

Show trials.

These are civilian trials. They're not really "terror trials." They're show trials. Both Holder and Obama have said they're "confident" of the outcome, that KSM wouldn't be freed. So much for "innocent until found guilty."

And does anyone think that, if he was found innocent, the Obama Administration would just let him walk? Ha! They'd arrest him the minute the judge says "not guilty."

Show trials.

This will be another OJ trial, wait until you hear that the terrorist were captured illegally and so they walk.

Show trials.

I agree completely. It's all entertainment and a waste of money and time. But then I think our entire legal system is.

Both Holder and Obama have said they're "confident" of the outcome, that KSM wouldn't be freed. So much for "innocent until found guilty."

Typical American who does not know how their own justice system works. The prosecution always thinks they can get a conviction. Holder and President Obama are not the judge but the prosecution. They have no presumption of innocence. That's for judges.

This will be another OJ trial, wait until you hear that the terrorist were captured illegally and so they walk.

I guess you would be suggesting that we not follow the law. The police and fbi will be interested in that.

I agree completely. It's all entertainment and a waste of money and time. But then I think our entire legal system is.

Your solution is to execute people with no trial. In case you haven't noticed we fought wars with other nations over that concept. This type of attitude disgusts me.

Edited by ninjadude

Your solution is to execute people with no trial. In case you haven't noticed we fought wars with other nations over that concept. This type of attitude disgusts me.

No one is saying there should be no trial. But it should be a millitary trial, where we DONT give terrorists a stage to preach thier hate twards us.

They were captured in foriegn land, by the millitary. Why should they be given the same rights as American Citizans?

Edited by preacherman76

No one is saying there should be no trial. But it should be a millitary trial, where we DONT give terrorists a stage to preach thier hate twards us.

They were captured in foriegn land, by the millitary. Why should they be given the same rights as American Citizans?

Actually a lot of people want no trial. If you can't understand and accept that others can have different views than your own, then you missed American Civics class. And unless I missed something, we're trying to foster American values into the world, if we can't follow due process of law, then that whole argument is disingenuous. They're not members of our military either. Maybe the world court would be better. Hm?

Edited by ninjadude

Interesting assertion that I recently heard was that Holder is using the Federal Court System for these trials so that the defense can implicate Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, et al, while knowing that there is no way a jury in NYC would find KSM & CO 'not guilty.'

Ninja ducks Preacher's question.

Ninja, do you think illegal enemy combatants who committed the act (9/11) on foreign soil should be given a trial in a civilian court, or a Congress/Supreme Court-approved military tribunal?

No that is NOT my solution. I do NOT believe in the death penalty and I don't even believe in our judicial system. If these men were tried in our system and it worked as people like you say it does they should go free. And they should be free to sue for violation of civil rights. That's not going to happen because our legal system is not what people like you claim it is. Not even close. It's another lie that we live. It is all for show. People will be watching it like they did the OJ trial and thinking about this will keep their thoughts or anger from the real issues that we should be concentrating on today..and there are many. IMO that is what these trials are all about. Nothing more.

Note to American soldiers : When facing enemy combatants.. take no prisoners.

well that's SOP.

You only take prisoners when they cease to be combatants, either they surrender or cannot fight.

Under INTERNATIONAL LAW they are obliged to take them prisoner.

That is not good advice. That's disgusting. Actually it's murder. Don't encourage it.

Ninja ducks Preacher's question.

Ninja, do you think illegal enemy combatants who committed the act (9/11) on foreign soil should be given a trial in a civilian court, or a Congress/Supreme Court-approved military tribunal?

I did not "duck" it. I answered directly. If American ideals are being exported to the world, then we have to live by them as well. These prisoners are not part of the military to be judged by the military code of justice. I doubt they could get a fair trial with a military tribunal. And Congress and the Supreme Court cannot just create courts out of whole cloth. That's unconstitutional.

I don't even believe in our judicial system. If these men were tried in our system and it worked as people like you say it does they should go free. And they should be free to sue for violation of civil rights.

IF you don't believe in the judicial system, how do you function in society? That seems an obvious contradiction. I'm curious why do you think they should or would go free if they were tried? Conclusions in the judicial system are not forgone. That's why we have them. How can you sue for violation of civil rights if you are not an American citizen? I'll give you a hint, you can't. That doesn't mean you can't be tried in a court of law.

When fighting a "nation", prisoners are governed by the Geneva conventions. That's not what we have here. This is not a war as much as a criminal search and these are not prisoners of war as much as alleged criminals. And to take no prisoners goes against international, military, and religous laws. Basically you are advocating lawlessness.

I did not "duck" it. I answered directly. If American ideals are being exported to the world, then we have to live by them as well. These prisoners are not part of the military to be judged by the military code of justice. I doubt they could get a fair trial with a military tribunal. And Congress and the Supreme Court cannot just create courts out of whole cloth. That's unconstitutional.

So let me get this straight. You think the 9/11 attacks on the towers and the Pentagon (which killed 3000 innocent civilians) were simply just another crime (akin to robbing a bank or murdering your wife), as opposed to an act of war?

Actually a lot of people want no trial. If you can't understand and accept that others can have different views than your own, then you missed American Civics class. And unless I missed something, we're trying to foster American values into the world, if we can't follow due process of law, then that whole argument is disingenuous. They're not members of our military either. Maybe the world court would be better. Hm?

That isnt true. Ive never heard one person make such a claim.

Bottom line is they are not Americans, nor did they committe a crime. They are foreigners, who committed an act of war. They should be tried in a millitary court. Bring them to this country and giving them rights in a show trial is just dumb. it benifits no one but terrorists.

IF you don't believe in the judicial system, how do you function in society? That seems an obvious contradiction. I'm curious why do you think they should or would go free if they were tried? Conclusions in the judicial system are not forgone. That's why we have them. How can you sue for violation of civil rights if you are not an American citizen? I'll give you a hint, you can't. That doesn't mean you can't be tried in a court of law.

And why would you have to believe in the judicial system to function in the screw your neighbor for every dime you can squeeze out of them and then ride their babies all the way to the bank society? Give me a break! I don't need courts to tell me what is right and what is wrong. Thank God!

The reason I think they would or should go free is that if they were tried in our incredibly just system they would have rights. Isn't that how the story goes? I'm sure this is going to be monitored closely by the media so it will be more like an OJ trial than the average poor slob walking into one of courts of law. If the world is watching we'll have to pretend our legal system is this fantasy we want the world to think it is. Have you ever sat and watched what really goes on in our courts? Have you ever talked to people who have actually been through our court system? It's just like everything else in this country. You get what you pay for.

After the 1993 WTC Terror Attack, the trials were held in the US Federal Court-Southern District.