Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A Day in the Life of Bigfoot

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#16    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

During the summer, Bigfoot would be in open areas eating huge amounts of berries like bears do.

During the fall, Bigfoot would be in streams for large amounts of time competing with bears (and humans) for fish who are also gorging themselves for winter.

During the winter, Bigfoot would be competing with bears for good hibernating spots and would be digging holes to hibernate in. It would not be stomping around the forest since there are no food sources available.

During the spring, Bigfoot would be mating and raising little Bigfoots which no one has ever seen.

#17    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,648 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

View Postscowl, on 31 December 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

During the summer, Bigfoot would be in open areas eating huge amounts of berries like bears do.

During the fall, Bigfoot would be in streams for large amounts of time competing with bears (and humans) for fish who are also gorging themselves for winter.

During the winter, Bigfoot would be competing with bears for good hibernating spots and would be digging holes to hibernate in. It would not be stomping around the forest since there are no food sources available.

During the spring, Bigfoot would be mating and raising little Bigfoots which no one has ever seen.

Okay, so physiologically we have an animal that is prepared biologically for hibernation. Maybe this is when they also give birth? Hiding their very young? Do you feel the fathers would be more involved with a Sasquatch family though?

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#18    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

I think that would depend on whether they mate for life or not, however I'm sure if you ask Matt Moneymaker he'll have the answer for you......well known and established.

:unsure2:

#19    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 31 December 2012 - 12:59 AM, said:

Okay, then expand a bit. Where did he buy the blur cream or the medicine cabinet and mirror? :P

ebay, and home depot. Gosh, where else would you get blur cream and cabinetry?

#20    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

I think Bigfoot has a contractor's account there.

#21    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

Just wrote a really long post and lost it. I don't think it's worth spending another 30 minutes typing with still more to do just to have the post belittled.

I thought this was meant to be a serious thread but I guess it's not. :no:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#22    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

**Yawn**....**Stretch**   Hi.  I’m Sasquatch.  Also know as Bigfoot, Yowie, Yahoo, Yeti, and various other pseudonyms.  I call myself Joe.  You can call me Joe.
There are a lot of questions about me.  I’m rather mysterious.  Today I’m going to take you through my day, so you can see why I really do exist but manage to leave behind no evidence of it, ever.  

Welcome to my home.  You’ll find it cozy and dry, carved out of and dug into the roots of a large coniferous tree in what you call your Pacific Northwest.  The door, as you see here is constructed of woven branches and an elaborate system operated by braided bark ropes and wooden pulleys.  

You’ll never find the door from the outside though.  It is cleverly disguised and hidden.  You see, we sasquatches are actually smarter than humans...well except for my brother Dug.  He’s dumber than the average bear.  It seems that every squatch community has a few like him.  The stupid sasquatches among us account for 98% of sightings.  Dug is always sneaking out and getting seen.  Thank goodness for the blur cloak that we’ve woven for him.  He thinks is a superhero costume but its real purpose is to bend light around it in such a way that photo equipment are rendered useless -  resulting in blurry, non-descript images and video  - thus keeping our existence comfortably mysterious.  

Normal, intelligent sasquatches don’t leave our underground network of homes and tunnels unless it is absolutely necessary.  We have underground farms, access to water sources, burial sites, and we have even discovered ways to recycle all our waste so that no traces of us ever show up above ground.  
Sasquatch communities are like this all over the world - even in the Himalayas  where our cousins there have learned to use their telekinetic powers to bore into solid rock to construct comfortable abodes there.  How else would you expect them to survive?  **Chuckles**  

We are advanced in nearly every way as far as governing our society is concerned - at least if you compare us to humans.  Our superior intelligence has taught us not to pursue technology as you have - because it always causes more problems that it solves.  We have enough technology to stay hidden and secret - except for Dug and those like him - but not enough technology that we are plagued by the ills of human culture.

We communicate mostly by telepathy these days - its quieter.  Long ago in our history we had language like you humans  but found that language just ended up causing disagreements.  Once we worked out telepathy, our society was much more harmonious.  The screeches you have come to know as our language are usually the work of sasquatches like Dug.  He gets excited and yells - and since his language skills have been lost due to our conversion to telepathy, what comes out is unintelligible. If you ever run into Dug out there in the woods, watch out.  He’s peaceful but likes to play rock-throwing, which is a favorite past-time of sasquatch children.  He doesn’t understand that humans don’t like to play.  

So there you have it, in a nutshell.  We exist as we do and leave no evidence is because we designed it that way, on purpose, to stay separate from you savages.  No offense intended of course.  Just sayin’.

#23    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 31 December 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

Okay, so physiologically we have an animal that is prepared biologically for hibernation.

In the forests in my area (where Bigfoot is supposedly everywhere), a large creature with a large brain would have to hibernate to survive the winter.

Maybe this is when they also give birth? Hiding their very young?

During the winter when their mothers are barely surviving? That would explain why there aren't many of them!

Do you feel the fathers would be more involved with a Sasquatch family though?

Doing what?

#24    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

Enlightened Seeker

• 2,712 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

I agree with those that stated that Bigfoot would live somewhat like a bear. Bigfoot would live in the forests, probably dwelling in caves and hibernating. They would eat berries, roots, vegetation, fish, and anything they can hunt and kill. They probably produce only one-or at the most, two- offspring at one time.. don't really want to imagine how they mate. :whistle: They are m ost likely intelligent creatures with keen senses and purposely stay away from anything to know to be coming near them, and they communicate with sounds or gestures. As for where their dead and waste go, I am willing to bet they bury it or conceal it somehow.

#25    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,648 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

View PostTia, on 01 January 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

Just wrote a really long post and lost it. I don't think it's worth spending another 30 minutes typing with still more to do just to have the post belittled.

Where has anyone been unduly rude or challenging? There is harmless humor in every thread.

in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#26    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,648 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

View Postscowl, on 01 January 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

In the forests in my area (where Bigfoot is supposedly everywhere), a large creature with a large brain would have to hibernate to survive the winter.

During the winter when their mothers are barely surviving? That would explain why there aren't many of them!

Doing what?

Bears give birth during hibernation time in their dens. It protects the babies. We never see any sasquatch "babies". So I offered the connection.

If sasquatch are "like us" I wondered if the males might stick around with mom and babies rather than mom alone giving birth in her own den as well as after.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 01 January 2013 - 10:01 PM.

#27    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,648 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

@ orangepeaceful,
Superior intelligence and the occasional rogue escapee does explain a lot.

But I wonder how many believers hold fast to that, even though it makes "sense" considering all we know/don't know.

But what are the explanations the "normal" animal believers adhere to to explain what we know/don't know as well.

Idk, maybe that number is in a small minority, and all subscribe some form of supernatural to the creature.

#28    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,648 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

View PostTia, on 01 January 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

I should rephrase my reply.

I cannot speak for you and any other believer. And maybe this type of thread does not work for some. Apologies.
I did want to hear from those who've applied some scientific thought to their belief in BF's existence.
Harmless humor will happen, and I have no problem with that but others might, I can't speak for you or tell you how to feel. Again, apologies.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 01 January 2013 - 10:54 PM.

#29    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 01 January 2013 - 10:10 PM, said:

@ orangepeaceful,
Superior intelligence and the occasional rogue escapee does explain a lot.

But I wonder how many believers hold fast to that, even though it makes "sense" considering all we know/don't know.

But what are the explanations the "normal" animal believers adhere to to explain what we know/don't know as well.

Idk, maybe that number is in a small minority, and all subscribe some form of supernatural to the creature.

I think the tongue-in-cheek point of my story is that the belief that Bigfoot is just any other animal doesn't hold water.  Its illogical to believe that a giant man-ape without supernatural powers could somehow exist and not leave behind any of the tell-tale markers of existence that other real animals do.  The only logical explanation at that point becomes that Bigfeet are somehow supernatural. Which is also a load of hogwash, but does make for entertaining fiction.

#30    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,648 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 01 January 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

I think the tongue-in-cheek point of my story is that the belief that Bigfoot is just any other animal doesn't hold water.  Its illogical to believe that a giant man-ape without supernatural powers could somehow exist and not leave behind any of the tell-tale markers of existence that other real animals do.  The only logical explanation at that point becomes that Bigfeet are somehow supernatural. Which is also a load of hogwash, but does make for entertaining fiction.

Yes, as a skeptic I am there too. I liked your "theory". :yes:
But I figure some must look at this creature as viably "real" and therefore would like to hear how they see this creature functioning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users