Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why is there many romantic people?

Roberth Smith

Do you believe in romantic things? How do you explain being romantic? Whats your interest in it? Whats your explanation for being romantic? Discuss

• Like 1

Send me a bunch of roses and big box of chocolates and then I will discuss. :-*

• Like 7

Do you believe in romantic things? How do you explain being romantic? Whats your interest in it? Whats your explanation for being romantic? Discuss

The concept of "romantic" is rather subjective, what one finds romantic may leave another cold.

As for myself I have absolutely no interest in romance, never did.

• Like 4

Love is what makes the ride worthwhile... :)

I believe in fairytales, happily ever after and soulmates.

• Like 6

With love you have everything. Walking down street with your lady, holding hands like some school kids, waving... Everyone on the streets looks our way, no one can resist true beauty of true love, that is the reason they stare i guess. Its a street where we are in reality, but here we 'actually' are :

filepicker%2F9tYQFm0gSLOK4O3KpLFk_walking_holding_hands.jpg

Memories of romances eh :D

Send me a bunch of roses and big box of chocolates and then I will discuss. :-*

And a teddy on top of it :

roses-chocolates-teddy-bear.jpg

Peaceful :)

• Like 6

I reckon being romantic is when you treat your partner the way you'd be treating them all the time, if you were'nt too busy, too tired or in a huff.

• Like 3

To me romance is something intimate and personal. Leaving cute little notes in places only the one you love will find, doing the littlest things for someone that you know mean a lot to them but tend to get over looked in day to day life. Just really knowing what makes your significant other smile and can make their is what real romance is to me. I don't need everyone to know how much you love me, I just need to know:-)

• Like 4

Some people like to actively make themselves/others happy. Romance is one method of doing this if it appeals to you.

• Like 1

With love you have everything. Walking down street with your lady, holding hands like some school kids, waving... Everyone on the streets looks our way, no one can resist true beauty of true love, that is the reason they stare i guess. Its a street where we are in reality, but here we 'actually' are :

Still, it doesn't define romantic love. I know on a quest to prove something negative, one will find only negative. I can't ever feel like this. In school days I felt like sweaty banging *spam filter*. Years later I feel like sweaty banging *spam filter*.

Species survival.

Yeah, sounds ugly, BUT if couples didn't bond (and get the seratonin levels raised out the roof) then they wouldn't stay together. Infant mortality would shoot up and male mortality would rise also (competition for females would turn deadly and stay deadly.) There would be nothing to balance aggression (so female mortality would also rise.) In addition, there are health benefits to being a bonded pair (animals that form permanent bonds (mates, families) have a longer life and higher survival rate of infants than mammals that don't.)

• Like 3

filepicker%2F9tYQFm0gSLOK4O3KpLFk_walking_holding_hands.jpg

Memories of romances eh :D

And a teddy on top of it :

roses-chocolates-teddy-bear.jpg

Peaceful :)

Long ago I used to stare or be jealous of couples! lol

How foolish I was once I knew about their evil fate.

STDs.. babies.. child support payments!

I found I was blessed to never fall for the lie of love...

now when I see young couples I walk buy with defiance and arrogance... well

more like indifference as my own greatness matters more...

it's not their presence makes me money.. so they do not matter in my realm...

• Like 1

Species survival.

Yeah, sounds ugly, BUT if couples didn't bond (and get the seratonin levels raised out the roof) then they wouldn't stay together. Infant mortality would shoot up and male mortality would rise also (competition for females would turn deadly and stay deadly.) There would be nothing to balance aggression (so female mortality would also rise.) In addition, there are health benefits to being a bonded pair (animals that form permanent bonds (mates, families) have a longer life and higher survival rate of infants than mammals that don't.)

Species survival.

'

yeah not if that couples eats fast and frozen food and sits around all day!

Like many fat couples in today's society...

i will outlive most modern couples..

simply because I use magic potions....

and certain leaves like Kale to make myself more powerful..

but that;s none of my business...

plus self empowerment is more power than any love..

from a mere mortal.. in this realm..

• Like 1

I used to believe romance was a real thing..

that there was someone in this realm who deserved beautiful poetry...

songs.. and me singing to them. then i found out none of that matters..

it's to create the illusion of love and romance..

and sell it to the people of this world who believe.. then take their money

and live out your dream... love ... to me love is dead...

but we all play a part in the theater of life...

i am the character who kills cupid.. and has a drink afterwards... and counts the gold...

yeah not if that couples eats fast and frozen food and sits around all day!

Like many fat couples in today's society...

Actually, yes they will.

With love, there's someone to care if you're sick or if you have a headache or if you've hurt yourself -- someone to help you doctor yourself, fetch things when you're feeling too sick to move, to insist on medical care in a crisis (like severe depression), to ensure you get better medical care (because there's nothing like the watchful eye of a family member to help make sure you get better medical care if you're in a facility), to notice if you've got signs of a health problem (bruising for diabetics can be an early symptom of something severe), to help make your world better (notice if you need hearing aids -- the person who needs them is often the LAST person to notice.)

...and to share work or share income.

Statistics say we married couples will live much longer than singles.

Actually, yes they will.

With love, there's someone to care if you're sick or if you have a headache or if you've hurt yourself -- someone to help you doctor yourself, fetch things when you're feeling too sick to move, to insist on medical care in a crisis (like severe depression), to ensure you get better medical care (because there's nothing like the watchful eye of a family member to help make sure you get better medical care if you're in a facility), to notice if you've got signs of a health problem (bruising for diabetics can be an early symptom of something severe), to help make your world better (notice if you need hearing aids -- the person who needs them is often the LAST person to notice.)

...and to share work or share income.

Indeed. If we are to stay clinical and it's all about serotonin and oxytocin, then why not? Why shouldn't we live in accordance with the way nature evolved us.

There are some cynical souls around here, but it's simply not rational to avoid or hate romance.

Romance is really about choosing to love somone. A person makes a choice to be loveing to somone. If that person becomes disillusioned with it because she/he feels damaged then really this is not choosing to love it's expecting or demanding it. Real love is about giving without expecting, and the pleasure is derived from the act of giving. People that are disappointed in love are usually disappointed that they are not receiving something. This is a love of self. Self love is important but it's not romance nor is it the same kind of love we are discussing.

Edited by White Crane Feather

• 2 weeks later...

If a woman makes me any sort of food dish with bacon, I find it romantic.

Edited by Karasu

• 4 weeks later...

I used to believe romance was a real thing..

that there was someone in this realm who deserved beautiful poetry...

songs.. and me singing to them. then i found out none of that matters..

it's to create the illusion of love and romance..

and sell it to the people of this world who believe.. then take their money

and live out your dream... love ... to me love is dead...

but we all play a part in the theater of life...

i am the character who kills cupid.. and has a drink afterwards... and counts the gold...

I feel we need to get to know each other first. that way you know whether this person is safe and loving as you are. They need to be kind as you are kind. Giving as you are giving and most of all trusting and honest.

I know romantic people who aren't in a relationship and who aren't necessarily looking for one either. They tend to be people who are deeply affected by beauty. They appreciate the softer side of life.

Personally, I've never been a romantic, but once in a blue moon, it'll get me and it's generally a welcome surprise.

• Like 1

Well, yes, I do believe in romantic things. How do I explain it? Interestingly, even though I have been married for more than two decades, I think I really cannot explain it. Romance, love, and caring, are somethings that they have one name for each, but can mean so much for so many. But, but, but....................this poster pretty much said it best.

I know romantic people who aren't in a relationship and who aren't necessarily looking for one either. They tend to be people who are deeply affected by beauty. They appreciate the softer side of life.

Personally, I've never been a romantic, but once in a blue moon, it'll get me and it's generally a welcome surprise.

HELLO! It's the love inside and out. For oneself and for their partner. Romantic is caring, and playful, and thoughtfulness. :wub:

Maybe, or that it could be all subjective. There are the reasons that say "this" tends to begat "that". but with all being individualistic, so should relationships too.

Indeed. If we are to stay clinical and it's all about serotonin and oxytocin, then why not? Why shouldn't we live in accordance with the way nature evolved us.

There are some cynical souls around here, but it's simply not rational to avoid or hate romance.

Romance is really about choosing to love somone. A person makes a choice to be loveing to somone. If that person becomes disillusioned with it because she/he feels damaged then really this is not choosing to love it's expecting or demanding it. Real love is about giving without expecting, and the pleasure is derived from the act of giving. People that are disappointed in love are usually disappointed that they are not receiving something. This is a love of self. Self love is important but it's not romance nor is it the same kind of love we are discussing.

Ok, and White Crane knows about my feelings on this, but again, I do not see how one can choose a feeling. You feel automatically. I think it's meant to be said that you can choose to act on a feeling. And I agree with various parts of this post, White Crane, but sometimes loving who you are, and I don't know if it means self love or it's a different meaning of it, but you need to love yourself before you can love another. In which that is probably the hardest thing anyone can do. Again, MissMelsWell said it really well here. :tu: