Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Olympic Ceremony Heathcare Propaganda

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#16    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

View Postacidhead, on 28 July 2012 - 05:13 AM, said:

http://i.dailymail.c...182_964x628.jpg

take from it what you want... try to control your emotions..  this is propaganda targeted at American citizens...... it reeks of brainwashing

Brainwashing?    It would appear that some Americans are brainwashed into thiniking that everyone else in the world is against them.
It';s about time you realised that you are not the biggest and the best at everything. In fact,,,,,,,,,you are far from it!

This was not directed at ALL Americans so please dont take offense. :)

#17    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• 2,094 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

What, you missed the anti-American protest against using the A-bomb in WWII?

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#18    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

View Postacidhead, on 28 July 2012 - 05:13 AM, said:

http://i.dailymail.c...182_964x628.jpg

take from it what you want... try to control your emotions..  this is propaganda targeted at American citizens...... it reeks of brainwashing

The Olympics were given to us when Labour was in office.

The NHS and the revising of my nations history to be 'muli-cultural' is offensive. It was pure propaganda but it wasnt aimed at the US its purpose as always is to appease the immigrant population in Britain. Ethnic minorities only make up 6% of the population yet you'd think it was 50% watching these staged events.

#19    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

View Posthetrodoxly, on 28 July 2012 - 09:11 AM, said:

It was a brief history of modern Britain the NHS being one of it's greatest achievements and something to be proud of.

Its a disaster costing £122 billion a year when private healthcare would cost £30 billion.

#20    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,052 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 28 July 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

Its a disaster costing £122 billion a year when private healthcare would cost £30 billion.
How do you envisage that working? Would most people be expected to pay for healthcare, and state-provided healthcare to be available only to those at the very bottom of the social Ladder by means of means testing or something similar? or should people of an income below a certain level, and/or Immigrants, for example, just be expected to fend for themselves?
I presume you're not just trying to be Controversial here, and you do have an actual position on this matter.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#21    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,041 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

Snort, the NHS thing was directed at the U.S.? Really? And here I thought they were just proud of their NHS. I thought that part of the opening was pretty darn cool. Ok, the giant baby was a little creepy.
Propaganda or not, I thought the entire opening ceremony was pretty frigging sweet. I think London kicked butt all over on the awesome factor honestly.

#22    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

View Post747400, on 28 July 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

How do you envisage that working? Would most people be expected to pay for healthcare, and state-provided healthcare to be available only to those at the very bottom of the social Ladder by means of means testing or something similar? or should people of an income below a certain level, and/or Immigrants, for example, just be expected to fend for themselves?
I presume you're not just trying to be Controversial here, and you do have an actual position on this matter.

The issue is not about who pays but cost.

Private healthcare would cost far less than the NHS budget. Most of its budget is wasted on beaurcracy, high wages, tall management structures and fixed drug prices. By privatising the NHS this wastage is reduced.

At the moment National Insurance Contributions (NICs) fund the NHS. If a business gave each of its staff a private healthcare policy instead of having to pay NICs then this cost would be slashed. The government can cover the unemployed and those in receipt of benefits.

There is no justification for having the NHS. Its like the cogs are broken in the minds of those who support it. The NHS is not free they pay for it with NICs deductions. Those deductions are higher than the cost of private healthcare and this is true for those on minimum wage.

Now I must cease this. You've derailed me. Start a new thread if you want to discuss the NHS and I will join.

#23    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

View Postrashore, on 28 July 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

Snort, the NHS thing was directed at the U.S.? Really? And here I thought they were just proud of their NHS. I thought that part of the opening was pretty darn cool. Ok, the giant baby was a little creepy.
Propaganda or not, I thought the entire opening ceremony was pretty frigging sweet. I think London kicked butt all over on the awesome factor honestly.

I was most impressed with the lighting of the stadium and fireworks.

I missed the part with the steel rings. Were they actually forged in the stadium?

#24    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,041 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 28 July 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

I missed the part with the steel rings. Were they actually forged in the stadium?

I'm not positive because of the camera coverage. Yeah, it looked like the hot metal flowed into a central ring. But then they cut cameras to people and by the time they got back to the rings there were already 5 rings and already going up into the air. The rings ascending and forming and the shower of sparks was glorious though.

#25    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

There now follows a party political broadcast on behalf of Thatchers Britain:

View PostMr Right Wing, on 28 July 2012 - 02:53 PM, said:

The issue is not about who pays but cost.

Private healthcare would cost far less than the NHS budget. Most of its budget is wasted on beaurcracy, high wages, tall management structures and fixed drug prices. By privatising the NHS this wastage is reduced.

At the moment National Insurance Contributions (NICs) fund the NHS. If a business gave each of its staff a private healthcare policy instead of having to pay NICs then this cost would be slashed. The government can cover the unemployed and those in receipt of benefits.

There is no justification for having the NHS. Its like the cogs are broken in the minds of those who support it. The NHS is not free they pay for it with NICs deductions. Those deductions are higher than the cost of private healthcare and this is true for those on minimum wage.

Now I must cease this. You've derailed me. Start a new thread if you want to discuss the NHS and I will join.

What a load of crap you talk. And you have the cheek to call the Olympic opening ceremony propaganda.

Thatchers minions gave us all that crap about privatisation in the 80s.
Selling off national assets doesn't make them better or cheaper.

#26    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

Yes that's right. The last steelworks in the country is in the olympic stadium :innocent:

Kudos, you're obviously as well informed about the process of smelting steel as you are about politics.

Edited by Atlantia, 28 July 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#27    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,052 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

View PostAtlantia, on 28 July 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

Yes that's right. The last steelworks in the country is in the olympic stadium :innocent:

Kudos, you're obviously as well informed about the process of smelting steel as you are about politics.
I'd love to see them get that past Health & Safety.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#28    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

All done with special effects and lighting. Very well done too :)

#29    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• 1,519 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

OMG, if a competitor or spectator gets injured where will they be taken in an emergency?  Most likely a NHS hospital, not left on a trolley until insurance and proof of payment is confirmed before treatment.

Posted Image

#30    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

View Postrashore, on 28 July 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

I'm not positive because of the camera coverage. Yeah, it looked like the hot metal flowed into a central ring. But then they cut cameras to people and by the time they got back to the rings there were already 5 rings and already going up into the air. The rings ascending and forming and the shower of sparks was glorious though.

Only 1 ring was "made" in the stadium. The rest came form otuside the stadium. across the wires etc.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users