Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

senteced to 15 years for converting

OverSword

From the article:

• Nadia Mohamed Ali and seven children jailed after converting to Christianity
  • Sentenced to 15 years in jail at a criminal court in Beni Suef, central Egypt
  • Seven others involved in the case sentenced to five years in jail

A mother and her seven children have been jailed for 15 years for converting back to Christianity from Islam in Egypt.

Nadia Mohamed Ali was raised a Christian but converted to Islam 23 years ago when she married Mohamed Abdel-Wahhab Mustafa.

Following his death, she planned to convert back to her original faith, along with the rest of her family.

But a criminal court in Beni Suef, in central Egypt, sentenced them to jail for 15 years last week, according to reports.

Seven other people, who were involved in the case, were also sentenced to five years in jail.

Human rights advocates have now warned the sentence is a sign of things to come in Egypt under the Islamist government

http://2012countdowntozerotime.wordpress.com/?p=24&preview=true&trashed=1&ids=3

• Like 1

Yea they do that if you try to leave Islam, she's lucky they didn't execute her. Seems like Egypt is worse off than it was. Their tourist industry has died.

• Like 4

From the article:

• Nadia Mohamed Ali and seven children jailed after converting to Christianity
  • Sentenced to 15 years in jail at a criminal court in Beni Suef, central Egypt
  • Seven others involved in the case sentenced to five years in jail

A mother and her seven children have been jailed for 15 years for converting back to Christianity from Islam in Egypt.

Nadia Mohamed Ali was raised a Christian but converted to Islam 23 years ago when she married Mohamed Abdel-Wahhab Mustafa.

Following his death, she planned to convert back to her original faith, along with the rest of her family.

But a criminal court in Beni Suef, in central Egypt, sentenced them to jail for 15 years last week, according to reports.

Seven other people, who were involved in the case, were also sentenced to five years in jail.

Human rights advocates have now warned the sentence is a sign of things to come in Egypt under the Islamist government

http://2012countdown...trashed=1&ids=3

What a joke , looks like Egypt has gone backwards under the new Islamic rule .

Does anyone know what the ' exact ' law was that she broke ?

TiP.

Well England cant shout a lot because when old Henry V111, renounced the Pope, and declared the new Protestant religeon, Catholics were treated like lepers, and still are to some extent.But now there are 5 cities in England where the Moslems are the main religeous group.

Well, that sure is swell. Good luck with that Egypt, and my condolences to everyone who doesn't support the extremist takeover democratic constitution.

Unnnbelievable !

Very believable, unfortunately; and yes, it will get much worse !

Edited by meryt-tetisheri

Well England cant shout a lot because when old Henry V111, renounced the Pope, and declared the new Protestant religeon, Catholics were treated like lepers, and still are to some extent.But now there are 5 cities in England where the Moslems are the main religeous group.

That was then, this is now! That Catholics were discriminated against under Henry VIII is no consolation for Copts or for Egyptians in general.

More details about the case are available here

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/01/16/egyptian-court-sentences-entire-family-to-15-years-for-converting-to/

I disagree with Sekulow’s optimisim, at best the US administration will only give lip service to the whole issue and readily accept any lame explanation provided by Egypt because they choose to do that. The role played by the USA in supporting the MB’s climb to power is a common belief in Egypt. Personally, I’m not holding my breath!

Why does the west give these nations money and call them allies when it is clear they are not.

• Like 2

You realize that we're slowly starting to go that way to don't you? Hell, France and Russia have pretty much turned into that now, just has a little more pushing to do before they turn into carbon copies. Don't worry though, we're next :td:

You realize that we're slowly starting to go that way to don't you? Hell, France and Russia have pretty much turned into that now, just has a little more pushing to do before they turn into carbon copies. Don't worry though, we're next :td:

Damn rights we are, Islam is the biggest threat to the human race as we know it. I seriously think asspects of it should be banned and labled as hate. When a muslim hold up a sighn that says behead those that call Islam violent retarted well what does one think.

Islam is a hate crime disguised as a religion. Religion of any kind should not be political ever. Islam is nothing but political. I no longer care about freedom of religion, do it in your home same as crack.

• Like 3

Damn rights we are, Islam is the biggest threat to the human race as we know it. I seriously think asspects of it should be banned and labled as hate. When a muslim hold up a sighn that says behead those that call Islam violent retarted well what does one think.

Islam is a hate crime disguised as a religion. Religion of any kind should not be political ever. Islam is nothing but political. I no longer care about freedom of religion, do it in your home same as crack.

"do it in your home same as crack. "... lol

I had hopes that the Egyptian youth were not finished and would stand against this tyranny. Maybe they still will. The MB in charge of the largest population in the region is a catastrophe for that region.

It's hard to break old habits.

Politics is a religion. The two could never be separated.

• Like 2

What a joke , looks like Egypt has gone backwards under the new Islamic rule .

TiP.

The islamic laws some of the muslims want to adopt in England!!

So much for a multicultural world when you have this kind of mentality on the lose.

Politics is a religion. The two could never be separated.

To the islamists the 2 go hand in hand, remember the islamic political party? just because the name The Islamic Party of Britain was defuncted in the United Kingdom, does not mean they disappeared....what i can not understand is how the lefties think that getting rid of the name and official party would mean that they would just go away...they are still very much around!