Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If You Could Go Back In Time!?

LucidElement

I always enjoyed this question as well as conversing with my friends about it. We ask the question, if you could go back in time to ANY period of life where and when would it be and WHY? I have been asking myself this question for so long, and I think if I had to choose it would be around the time of the Incas when they created Macchu Picchu. To see how they created it, not so much if ancients helped them, (although would be cool if they did and to find out) but see the process of how it was done. But just a brief visit, not to long, there are no amenities. No bathroom or shower =( haha couldn't deal without that. But, that time period would be great. Also, would have to leave before the Pizzarro and his Spaniards came and killed us. But how about you guys?

• Like 1

well this was interesting, i would go back during the Japanese invasion in the Philippines then i will join the resistance forces to help my countrymen.

• Like 2

At the very beginning of human history.

Along with a supply of chocolate.

• Like 4

Coming from my spiritual background and beliefs in God and Jesus, I would love to witness Adam and Eve's lives during and after they ate of the Tree of Knowledge.

• Like 3

Ancient Egypt. Because Stargate and The Ancient Aliens series'. So sue me.

I'd also like a cloaking device so I can just observe.

• Like 6

I think I'd like to be where I am now (California Bay Area), but in the time before the rest of the world inhabited this country, and all that were here were those that were born here. Their whole way of life intrigues me a lot, and I would love to be with them as they are.

edit: as they were, I mean.

Edited by _Only

one of those times and places where our information of how people lived is still scanty. like, say, pre-colonial midwestern america! the days of copper mining, and continent wide trade routes, and all sorts of other things that are just barely known about.

failing that, if language were an issue... i guess the 1850's? in america, again. american history is my main area of interest

yes, language might be an issue! it's important to be realistic in your impossible time travel hypotheticals. so important

well this was interesting, i would go back during the Japanese invasion in the Philippines then i will join the resistance forces to help my countrymen.

Is that your interest in history, is the Japanese invasion in the Philippines? Out of all world historical events eh? Your that patriotic to your country, thats a good thing.

Coming from my spiritual background and beliefs in God and Jesus, I would love to witness Adam and Eve's lives during and after they ate of the Tree of Knowledge.

It would be crazy to experience that.

Its hard to pinpoint, there is so many things id love to experience. One reason why I graduated with a history major =) and going back for my masters. I also would have to add, watching the structure of civilizations work together to put those structures together. (Slavery im sure existed) but i also think many did it for religion based purposes. It would just be fascinating to live for a week or two during 1200 AD

Is that your interest in history, is the Japanese invasion in the Philippines? Out of all world historical events eh? Your that patriotic to your country, thats a good thing.

It would be crazy to experience that.

thats not it, of course i want to back in time somewhere else though but first i want to change the course of history in my country.

Find a not to advanced society, wow them with a basic knowledge of chemistry and engineering, live out my life as a god.

• Like 6

Try to go back in the age of exploration then i'll be the one to discover the new world first or visit Queen Cleopatra and Helen of Troy...i wonder if they are really a hottie :innocent: .

• Like 1

That's hard, because anywhere I go, I want to have modern plumbing.

• Like 3

apart from wanting Ratte's cloaking device so I could safely go back to the age of the dinosaurs without having to worry about being eaten, then i'd have to go back to 1985, the duke of york pub in dewsbury, 10mns before I played my first ever gig, no buzz was ever better.

or Orbital at glastonbury in '94,

going and meeting the builders of Stonehenge to find out what its proper name is.

but i'm just selfish I guess.....

;-)

go kill hitler/tell JFK to duck yadda yadda yadda.....

it's also a shame that your time machine only travels backward through time and not forwards, as it would be interesting to look at our species in a million year's time.

shame it's not a TARDIS.....

• Like 3

Would be fun to go back but I would want some sort of 'energy shield' to protect me. I have a feeling the 'pasters' startle easy.

Even something simple like unzipping a jumper would amaze them.

They're all riding on horseback and you arrive on the back of a dirtbike speeding past them.

Edited by DKO

That's cheating... how could the Gladiators hit your ass? :clap:

Unfortunately I'd need Ratte's cloaking device for 'most' of the places in time I'd like to visit... Like seeing what dinosaurs really looked like, observing a Neanderthal group, a mammoth hunt, a giant ground sloth (Megatherium), or a terror bird (Phorusrhacidae)... It'd be interesting to see the great pyramid and the sphinx being created, or watch the 'games' at the Colosseum (having a camera would be essential)...

Edited by Pax Unum
  • Like 2

I'd go back to a week last Tuesday.

I finished the washing early and watched a film - times like that we're hardly likely to see again.

• Like 1

Nobody wants to go back and see who Jesus really was?

• Like 2

That's cheating... how could the Gladiators hit your ass? :clap:

That's their problem. Imagine them trying to explain it to the others though haha.

That's what I was going to say: I would go back to observe if Jesus really resurrected and if he really did miracles....I need to prove some of my Catholic aunties wrong!!

But what I'd love to do is to go back to the times when the Americas haven't been discovered by the Europeans yet and go live with a friendly tribe. I want to go back to the times when the Earth wasn't polluted yet....when the air and rivers where clean (mind you, I would hide a stash of antibiotics with me just in case! lol).

I'd go back to 1979, where I would go ahead and do that sweet and beautiful 16 year old that showed up in my room at around 6 a.m. after breaking up with her boyfriend.

Ahhh, the regrets we live with!

Harte

• Like 3

That's their problem. Imagine them trying to explain it to the others though haha.

well just forget about the energy shield and show them the power of Light Sabers...

Well, I do now.