Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your biggest regret?

spartan max2

This thread is simple i was just curouis what everyones biggest regret in life is. just to get a better veiw of life and people and junk.

If its to personal to post i understand.no big deal. you can pm if you really want.

As always all comments welcome :tu:

my biggest regret is leaving my homeland for America. My three children are thousands of miles away living their own lives with no involvement from their dad .I love and miss them so much it hurts. BIG regret, but loads more through my life. No one is perfect.

• Like 5

I have a few. One time,driving to Philadelphia (abt 2 hrs) ,a friend and I reviewed our lives. Including people we dated,and job choices ,and both of us would have changed 90% of everything we had done .

Sad actually ,but most people don't get the big fairy tale .

I mostly regret going into medicine for people . I wish I had become a vet or a marine biologist .

Big time . I also regret not moving to Japan in the 1990s ,and settling there when I was younger .

• Like 2

I regret not going AWAY to college. certain relationships kept me in myhometown and i feel i missed outeenager and never got to make things right great experiences.

Biggest regret was not having closure with my grandmother before she passed. I was a clueless selfish difficult teen and I wish I had mended our relationship before it was too late

• Like 1

thanks for the shares :tu:

• Like 1

My biggest regret is not giving my ex girlfriend another chance, she was perfect for me but at the time I didn't see that and now she's gone

• Like 2

My only regret is when I couldn't be there when my mother died at the same time through this experience I have changed to a better person. so learning to accept the consequence helps in building a solid understanding in why nature takes you to where you are now, so there are always reason to happen in such ways. There for there is almost no regret in my life, because regret is the seed to unhappy life.

Edited by Mindscanner
  • Like 1

Letting a lack of confidence influence my choices my entire life. It has had a major negative impact on multiple decisions and still does.

• Like 5

my biggest regret is leaving my homeland for America. My three children are thousands of miles away living their own lives with no involvement from their dad .I love and miss them so much it hurts. BIG regret, but loads more through my life. No one is perfect.

Yea -- before you up and leave your fatherland be sure, very sure. Adopting to a different culture is extremely hard, and the States is probably one of the hardest. I don't think anyone over about 40 should even think about it.

There is an arbitrage advantage for young men and women to work in the States for a few years, living very cheaply (sharing an apartment with several copats) and saving money, since nominally salaries are much higher in the States. Then come back, get married and start a business. This once was a common thing, but now the States has gotten paranoid and the population doomsayers have inserted their stupidity and nativist selfishness and racism has taken over and getting such visas is near impossible. As a result of course the States now has a large underclass of illegals -- just people trying to improve their lives with work -- but making them illegal has made them vulnerable and caused some to turn to more serious criminality.

My biggest regret is not taking more chances. I often chose the "safe" route. Now that I'm older it's not so much an issue.

• Like 2

My biggest regret is almost certainly my failure to control my weight by indulging in fatty foods, beer, and soft drinks to excess -- combined with sedentary living. Now I am stuck with a failing liver, high blood pressure, diabetes, mild heart failure, and faulty valves. This is enough to pretty much keep me housebound (hence so much activity on this board, which is pleasant enough but perhaps a little pointless).

-- Don't drink. They say a little alcohol is good for you -- well it is also bad for you, and there are other ways to get what little benefit it provides.

-- Get your hepatitis innoculations. When I had hepatitis (I've had both A and B -- common in Vietnam), these of course were not available.

-- Don't drink soft drinks and other forms of liquified sugar. Just horrible for your liver and your heart.

• Like 1

My biggest regret is almost certainly my failure to control my weight by indulging in fatty foods, beer, and soft drinks to excess -- combined with sedentary living. Now I am stuck with a failing liver, high blood pressure, diabetes, mild heart failure, and faulty valves. This is enough to pretty much keep me housebound (hence so much activity on this board, which is pleasant enough but perhaps a little pointless).

-- Don't drink. They say a little alcohol is good for you -- well it is also bad for you, and there are other ways to get what little benefit it provides.

-- Get your hepatitis innoculations. When I had hepatitis (I've had both A and B -- common in Vietnam), these of course were not available.

-- Don't drink soft drinks and other forms of liquified sugar. Just horrible for your liver and your heart.

The Vietnamese dont do a lot of fatty foods or sugars . Where do you find the stuff ?

. When people I know go there,they lose weight , As they also use next to no wheat .

What are you eating ?

Why dont you go to an herbalist ?

If youre practically housebound ,and just waiting for nothing ,at least try to do something for your liver . Detox it ? They do acupuncture and herbs there .You should look into it ,because if western meds are what your embracing there ,it doesnt seem to ne helping you

• Like 2

Rice and noodles and other carbs are just as bad as wheat, and don't say we don't eat wheat -- bread is everywhere.

I think the biggest offender in my case are the American colas and beer and a think called "cintos" that we have here (crushed ice, fresh fruit, sugar, more sugar, condensed milk in a blender).

My blood pressure and blood sugar are under reasonable control, and there is little to be done about my liver. I did a black chockolate detox awhile back (not pleasant but it seems to have helped as my enzymes went to normal). The real offender here was too much beer and hepatitis back before there were treatments.

The valves in my heart don't close properly and there is little to be done about that except to replace them, which will probably be done in awhile. This is why I can't walk about much.

I don't know what acupuncture could do for me. However I have no particular worship of Western medicine, considering the profit orientation of the drug companies, but generally don't trust Chinese herbs either, except for my tea and allergy relief.

My "reget" is going to college for something totally useless.

• Like 1

What did you go for? If you don't mind me asking

For myself, I don't know about regrets. If I had done things differently in my life I wouldn't be who and where I am now, and who's to say my life would have turned out better?

A farmer's son, while taming the farmer's horse, fell off and broke his leg. Neighbors came and said "What bad luck!" The farmer said, "Maybe."

A week later soldiers came to conscript young men into the army, but due to the farmer's son's broken leg they passed him over. The neighbors said, "What good luck!" The farmer said, "Maybe."

A week later the farmer's horse ran away. Neighbors said, "What bad luck!" The farmer said, "Maybe."

A week later the horse returned leading four more horses into the corral. Neighbors said, "What good luck!" The farmer said, "Maybe."

Edited by StarMountainKid
  • Like 4

For myself, I don't know about regrets. If I had done things differently in my life I wouldn't be who and where I am now, and who's to say my life would have turned out better?

A farmer's son, while taming the farmer's horse, fell off and broke his leg. Neighbors came and said "What bad luck!" The farmer said, "Maybe."

A week later soldiers came to conscript young men into the army, but due to the farmer's son's broken leg they passed him over. The neighbors said, "What good luck!" The farmer said, "Maybe."

A week later the farmer's horse ran away. Neighbors said, "What bad luck!" The farmer said, "Maybe."

A week later the horse returned leading four more horses into the corral. Neighbors said, "What good luck!" The farmer said, "Maybe."

Your story makes a good point

Dude im in college now and i am always afraid that what i get from college will be useless in the real world. A lot of students fear this

The funny thing about regret is... it's better to regret something you have done than something you haven't done.

By the way... If you see your Mom this weekend, be sure and tell her SATAN!

• Like 1

What did you go for? If you don't mind me asking

Multi-media and Web Design.

Originally I had this brain-shrunken idea that I wanted to do either game character design or maybe work with places that produced manga. I wasn't all that interested in commercial design which is what the course focused on.

First there has to be an actual market PLUS one has to have the skills in drawing. After years of trying to delude myself into thinking I had any I had to admit to myself that I really didn't and never did.

Multi-media and Web Design.

Originally I had this brain-shrunken idea that I wanted to do either game character design or maybe work with places that produced manga. I wasn't all that interested in commercial design which is what the course focused on.

First there has to be an actual market PLUS one has to have the skills in drawing. After years of trying to delude myself into thinking I had any I had to admit to myself that I really didn't and never did.

ahhh I see, yeah I use to want to draw comics but seriously you have to be extremely good at drawing, and Im pretty good, but even If i had arts not the type of thing you can depend on if you have bills and all of that to pay

I didn't move to Canada when I had the chance.

Rice and noodles and other carbs are just as bad as wheat, and don't say we don't eat wheat -- bread is everywhere.

I think the biggest offender in my case are the American colas and beer and a think called "cintos" that we have here (crushed ice, fresh fruit, sugar, more sugar, condensed milk in a blender).

My blood pressure and blood sugar are under reasonable control, and there is little to be done about my liver. I did a black chockolate detox awhile back (not pleasant but it seems to have helped as my enzymes went to normal). The real offender here was too much beer and hepatitis back before there were treatments.

The valves in my heart don't close properly and there is little to be done about that except to replace them, which will probably be done in awhile. This is why I can't walk about much.

I don't know what acupuncture could do for me. However I have no particular worship of Western medicine, considering the profit orientation of the drug companies, but generally don't trust Chinese herbs either, except for my tea and allergy relief.

They have acupuncture clinics there ,and sometimes we go and learn the protocols .

I was supposed to go in 2001,but it fell thru because of 911.

My former teacher went,and she lost a ton of weight ,in just six weeks ,eating only rice based items.

I know they have wheat ,but its not prevalent,unless you go look for it . Japan is the same way .

Herbs would be good for your liver ,but if you aren't open to it ,then theres nothing to be done .

I hope your valve replacement at least happens expeditiously.

• Like 2

not being there in my brothers final hours............we were so close and we let something get between us, and when the time came i didnt think it would make a difference if i was there, i thought he was to strong to lose, i was wrong and i live with it every day

• Like 1

I lost a 100 lbs, lots fruit and veggies, complex carbs, (you need carbs for energy) high fiber, stay away from the white stuff, potatoes, sugar, white flour and portion control. I have a treat once in a while. You know what I found works really well for my allergies is local honey, but it has to be local from the farmer. Not the whatever it is in the bear, I don't think it is really honey. Usually by this time of year I am all blocked up but the honey worked and I don't need the allergy pills.

• Like 2