Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

US Won't Lead New Manned Moon Landings

space nasa moon mission

  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31    Zero Fox FK

Zero Fox FK

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

  • Achieve More - Be Faceless

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

The Moon seems like the perfect launch pad for future space missions, plus it probably also has a lot of resources we could use.
It just seems weird for America to just let China or another country have it.


#32    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 5,386 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

View PostZero Fox FK, on 11 April 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

The Moon seems like the perfect launch pad for future space missions, plus it probably also has a lot of resources we could use.
It just seems weird for America to just let China or another country have it.

Nasa didn't say we weren't going, they just said they are not going to be the lead agency.  If teh ESA wants to lead a mission =, or Japan he said we'd be glad to partner up.  There are resources there and letting commercial ventures exploit it is a great way to asaccomplish harvesting theose resources.  They'kll do it better  and more efficiently than Nasa ever wouldand it frees up public  funds to explore Mars and asteroids.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#33    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Joined:28 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:salinas,ca

  • "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

what a surprise wait no I'm not!!!


#34    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 5,386 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostAndromedan Starseed 333, on 11 April 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

what a surprise wait no I'm not!!!

???

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#35    skookum

skookum

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Sussex, UK

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:11 AM

I think what must be frustrating for NASA is the lack of progress in propulsion systems.  When the moon landings were taking place many people thought that space travel would be an everyday thing by now.  We do less now than they did then.  The same limitations in fuel loads and weight still exist virtually unchanged.

I believe the future of space travel depends on better and more efficient systems which should be made a priority rather than sending men to the moon on 30 year old technology.  The money would be better spent.

Posted Image

#36    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 5,386 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

View Postskookum, on 12 April 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

I think what must be frustrating for NASA is the lack of progress in propulsion systems.  When the moon landings were taking place many people thought that space travel would be an everyday thing by now.  We do less now than they did then.  The same limitations in fuel loads and weight still exist virtually unchanged.

I believe the future of space travel depends on better and more efficient systems which should be made a priority rather than sending men to the moon on 30 year old technology.  The money would be better spent.

I absolutely agree.  Without a major breakthrough in propulsion systems, these things all remain dangerous, highly speculative endeavors with huge price tags.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#37    dj_nubla

dj_nubla

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Joined:08 Jul 2012

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

It is obvious that there's truth to the rumor that we were warned before by aliens NOT to go back to the moon because that's theirs. It's their base. US Government cannot use the funding as an excuse because it is more expensive to send man to Mars. During those trips to the moon before, it was revealed they discovered bases and spaceships there.


#38    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 5,386 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

View Postdj_nubla, on 12 April 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

It is obvious that there's truth to the rumor that we were warned before by aliens NOT to go back to the moon because that's theirs. It's their base. US Government cannot use the funding as an excuse because it is more expensive to send man to Mars. During those trips to the moon before, it was revealed they discovered bases and spaceships there.

Uhh, it isn't an obvious truth to the rumor, aliens said nothing to anyone about anything and there were no bases discovered because there aren't any as proven by the many satellites that orbit the moon.  Moon bases aren't a rumor either, they are a myth, a made-up story for the easily fooled to specuklate about.  Choosing not to lead a mission to the moon is a simple matter of budgeting in a constrained economic period which simply means we can't afford to do everything and we have been to the moon before so we intend on spending our limited resources to get to Mars.  We'll partnet with another agency that wants to lead a mission to the moon but we aren't leading one.  Makes perfect sense to me.

Edited by Merc14, 12 April 2013 - 02:21 PM.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users