Photo

I haven't done this in a while...

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in General waffle 29 October 2009 · 259 views

It's been 15 months since my last entry. I've been back on UM for about 2 months now, after 8 months without a computer and life has changed a little bit since then.

Once upon a time I had a good job, which paid well. Then the dreaded redundancy came. I was already suffering depression at the time and that pushed me into a state that took a long time to recover from. I was unemployed for around three years and in that time I managed to accumulate a fair bit of debt. Just under 2 years ago I managed to get back to work. The pay is a lot less than I was used to, and as for a carreer mocve I am back at the bottom step of the ladder... where I started out 26 years ago... but the important thing is that I am on the ladder.

The problem was that rather than helping the debt, initially it made matters worse. When my cats assassinated my lap top I simply did not have the money to buy a new one. I started my long exile from UM.

Then, unexpectedly I got a rather official looking letter. It was a large cheque, the result of some investments I had made back when I was sensible and had a good job. In the space of a few weeks two more such cheques arrived. Now I am not only debt free but I even have a small amount of savings. I also have a lovely new computer and my UM exile is over.

Daughter of the Nine Moons
Oct 29 2009 01:21 PM
i'm glad you are back Mr Dwarf. You have been greatly missed.
Its good to have you back :tu:

Admiral Danger
Oct 29 2009 07:55 PM
it's a good thing your back, i was starting to think that NASA kidnapped you and sent you to Jupiter :blink: in some sectret project to see how it's gravity can effect humans :unsure:

how the heck do you start a blog anyway, because i got no idea where the button is :(
Go to "My Settings" and click the "Blogs" tab.
Good to hear from you again!!!   :)
Totally understand your situation, Waspie... well... except for the whole getting completely debt free and having saving alluvasudden-like thing ;)... I know how tough it can be.

As other have said, it's good to have you back :tu:

Cz

Don't Panic

Posted Image

"It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day"
- Arthur Dent

Waspie_Dwarf is currently reading...

Mission to Mars

By Buzz Aldrin

and

The Eye of the World
Book 1 of The Wheel of Time

By Robert Jordan

What's going on in here then?

Posted Image

What I'm made of..

Posted Image

Posted Image

You have been warned.

IPB Image\
IPB Image\
IPB Image\

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

My parents

linked-image
Olive May Burns (née Williams)
(24th September 1939 - 30th May 2001)

linked-image
Charles Robert Burns
(4th April 1936 - 12th October 2005)

Life, the Universe and Everything

IPB Image\

Mother Nature - the great artist

linked-image
Click the above thumbnail for full size image

The view from my bedroom isn't usually a spectacular one, but every now and then Mother Nature dips into her pots of paint are produces a sky like this.

This was taken on 14th November 2005

London at Night

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

Things seen in my garden

Posted Image