Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US guns sales soar after Obama's re-election

Still Waters

Gun sales in America are soaring in the wake of President Barack Obama's re-election with weapons retailers reporting AK-47s flying off shelves "like hotcakes."

Owners of guns have been stocking up because they are concerned about a potential tightening of regulations on assault weapons in the president's second term.

In October the number of background checks on people applying to buy guns, an indicator of future sales, increased by 18.4 per cent.

http://www.telegraph...e-election.html

again? The gun manufacturers must have given Obama's campaign a good contribution.

• Like 3

Why would you want one?

"Cause OBAMA WANTS TO TAKE THEM AWAY!

• Like 3

Ammo is flying off the shelves too.

Glad I'm all stocked up.

Why Is america or I should say the US and it`s people actually going to use the second ammendment for its intended purpose. Or are you guys all going to go gangster in the streets.

This is a kind of expected reaction, like: "I buy 12 more AK-47s -even though I had 8 since before- because I am really disappointed that Obama won and I know how much liberals hate guns, so I bet this will upset them really much. I hardly have food on the plate but 12 more AK-47s is just what `the doctor's orders` so this is me sticking it to The Man, and I will keep on doomsday-prepping with my local militia coz we are done for"

In other words: Business as usual. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

All this, despite the fact that obama has not enacted or even endorsed any new anti-gun or gun control legislation, and has not indicated that he intends to do so, and has not done anything related to guns in his entire first term.

So now the ammunition I buy for shooting sporting clays is going to go up in price. Thank you, Red State Morons and Fox News.

• Like 4

Why Is america or I should say the US and it`s people actually going to use the second ammendment for its intended purpose. Or are you guys all going to go gangster in the streets.

Mainly for protecting the homestead from invaders of all sorts. I'm guessing that when the SHTF, those in the urban areas and cities will start filtering out into the more rural areas ( where I live ), when their food runs out.

The extra firepower is for family members. ( Can't protect all sides by myself ya know )

• Like 1

Mainly for protecting the homestead from invaders of all sorts. I'm guessing that when the SHTF, those in the urban areas and cities will start filtering out into the more rural areas ( where I live ), when their food runs out.

The extra firepower is for family members. ( Can't protect all sides by myself ya know )

You don`t really think it will come to that do you..... If so you are going to need much more than you already have ;) The US will get through the next 4 yrs just fine. If not use your guns on the wealthy and take back what they have taken from you, a democracy.

I want a gun. I want to protect my family from an exteremly rabid government.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 2

You don`t really think it will come to that do you..... If so you are going to need much more than you already have ;) The US will get through the next 4 yrs just fine. If not use your guns on the wealthy and take back what they have taken from you, a democracy.

I think it's definitely a possiblity. Some people may call it being paranoid. I just call it being prepared.

Sure, there's a good chance I and my family would be overrun anyway. But I plan on giving them a heck of a fight.

• Like 1

Eh, bought my newest gun just prior to the election.

The purchase had nothing to do with any election. Had to do with a good price.

Nibs

I think it's definitely a possiblity. Some people may call it being paranoid. I just call it being prepared.

Sure, there's a good chance I and my family would be overrun anyway. But I plan on giving them a heck of a fight.

I like ya Clyde and for what its worth I don`t think you will ever have to use your guns on people or a government. Right now the US is going through a flight or fight thing. This crap will sort itself out and then there will be a time to take charge. Obama is doing that for you or at least giving you a chance. He`s taxing those that control him. The wealthy need to pay there fair share and stop acting as they are better then everyone.

The tax on the wealthy or super wealthy is saving them from gun owners that will go after them first. When times become desperate the poor will not only go after the poor. The wealthy will be targets first. Better to pay a bit more vs paying for private protection. If the rich don`t think they need to pay then they better expect to pay in a much more dramatic way.

Another civil war between classes

Nibs

yeh, smart people knew that the special offers would be over once Obama won :devil:

Nibs

You crazy lib you lol

I like ya Clyde and for what its worth I don`t think you will ever have to use your guns on people or a government. Right now the US is going through a flight or fight thing. This crap will sort itself out and then there will be a time to take charge. Obama is doing that for you or at least giving you a chance. He`s taxing those that control him. The wealthy need to pay there fair share and stop acting as they are better then everyone.

The tax on the wealthy or super wealthy is saving them from gun owners that will go after them first. When times become desperate the poor will not only go after the poor. The wealthy will be targets first. Better to pay a bit more vs paying for private protection. If the rich don`t think they need to pay then they better expect to pay in a much more dramatic way.

Another civil war between classes

Can you or anybody please explain the purpose of higher taxes? Even if extra revenues are raised the extra money won't go towards the debt. Even if it did it wouldn't make so much as a dent. The government has sufficient revenues to run this country properly but they don't have the will to spend it properly. Any extra revenues will just be wasted on things that cost twice as much as they have to spend and will only add to the debt. They aren't responsible nor do they care to be. If raising taxes had any positive effect I wouldnt complain. The only effect I see is to make those with less just feel better. Obama and guys like you love to preach the fair share but never follow up with a why. Is fairness really the end game?

• Like 1

yeh, smart people knew that the special offers would be over once Obama won

the sales at our local Dick's and Gander Mountain sporting good stores seem to run contrary to this story. There are big gun sales going on right now. I suspect, as usual, that this latest bit of "news" is nothing more than infotainment horse****.

the sales at our local Dick's and Gander Mountain sporting good stores seem to run contrary to this story. There are big gun sales going on right now. I suspect, as usual, that this latest bit of "news" is nothing more than infotainment horse****.

Depends on the State, in blue states/regions the gun sales are not as high up as in red states, and within the red states they are up mostly there where most uninformed live.

Fools and their money are soon parted. Think of the millions spent on the election.