Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Haunted House Failed to Sell

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,635 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 11 February 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

Guess i could give it a shot haha
A good shot is just what they need.

Enough said before I get a warning.

Posted Image

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#17    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 11 February 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

Posted Image

:lol:

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#18    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 2,031 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 11 February 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

Posted Image

A good shot of vitamin D is just what they need!Ok i better stop aswell hahaha

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#19    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

If ya'll are leaving, don't forget to pick up after yourselves, cause Freetoroam and I are officially squatting in our wonderful haunted nunnery. :tu:

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#20    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,726 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostAsadora, on 11 February 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

If ya'll are leaving, don't forget to pick up after yourselves, cause Freetoroam and I are officially squatting in our wonderful haunted nunnery. :tu:
I would love to have that house!  My daughter likes it, too.  If you google it under images, there are a few more that show some of the woodwork in it- and one relaly creepy staircase

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#21    the_twilightzone

the_twilightzone

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

EDIT: Nevermind - I misunderstood the OP.  Still, I wouldn't mind living there!

Edited by the_twilightzone, 11 February 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#22    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

I would take a free home and live there.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#23    MB Forde

MB Forde

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

View Postpitchp, on 11 February 2013 - 02:53 AM, said:

The Wymering Manor has failed to sell. No one wanted to buy the house from the council, because it's believed to be haunted by nuns. There is 24/7 security on the house because it's seems to be a popular attraction to ghost hunters, and the paranormal believers. Security is always in pairs as the security guards refused to work by them selves.

Sorry to be a stick-in-the-mud, but the rumour about the security guards getting the chills isn't exactly true. I was writing about the place myself and I contacted the Manor and asked them! It might have started with a Daily Mail article (IIRC) that mentioned the guards refused to work after dark.

#24    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,596 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

I almost bought the "dolphin house" in Ho Chi Minh City many years ago.  It was a wonderful old hotel/office building adorned on top by four huge dolphins that had sat empty for many years and was a foreclosure, so of course it was also haunted.  The price was really cheap, but I thought the neighborhood was on the way down and you can't make anything in that kind of neighborhood.

The ultimate buyer was another bank, and they moved themselves in and removed the dolphins, which seemed to get rid of the ghosts too.  They did well for themselves.

#25    lone wolf2

lone wolf2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

• Kik messenger id is lonewolf2. Hit me up some time.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

If i lived close to there i would buy the place.    The place I'm buying now is about 100 years old and is well known in the area for being haunted.

#26    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

I'd buy it, and then rent it out to thrill-seekers who want to spend the night there.

Funnily enough I watched Most Haunted (Almost) Live last night on DVD - and the team was at Wymering Manor.  They got the usual bangings, tappings, creepy groans and moans, disembodied sighs, unexplained footsteps coming from the floor above (but they didn't dare go up there to check it out) and creepy laughter.  Richard Felix got his cross pendant pulled off his neck by a ghostly monk.  When it was originally broadcast live as Most Haunted Live it was several episodes, one a night for a few nights, and in each episode the team visited a haunted place in Portsmouth.  For the DVD they just took the best and scariest bits from each night and put them together for a two-and-a-half hour long Most Haunted "Almost" Live episode.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 24 February 2013 - 06:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users