Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadow people

Thegirlwhoseseenmany

few months ago or a year ago... I had made a creature-handbook on quotev because I liked learning about the different types of creatures. On one of my post I had made a report about the different types of ghost there were what was good and what was bad. Anyways....A few days after I had posted that form someone that followed me had messaged me, asking me if i knew anything about "Shadow people" because they encountered them multiple times. Of course at the time I didn't know of them. After doing research on them I posted a new chapter and also message the person what I found out.

Later on that week he would periodically ask me privately about certain creatures. I would respond to him of course.... After few more weeks I was in my room a day before my birthday I was in my room ready to go to sleep...although at the corner of my eye I saw a figure, looking like a shadow, with a hat on and a coat... Just like what I have read about, what they would mostly be seen as...As soon as I see it I felt a pressure on my chest as if something were sitting on top of me... I sat paralyzed staring at what the eyes would be... When I snapped out of the paralyzed state I called my brother he came in and I asked him to turn on my light. He asked why and I just told him, again. When he turned the light on it looked as if the shadow vanished.

Ever since then I have been afriaid of the dark, but also to be alone.(Whch is a reason why my littlest brother now sleeps with me in my room now...)

I'm now tired of being afraid of the shadow people, and I want answers... I want to know what other people have experienced. What other people have been through after they seen one.... are they good, bad?

I mean I believe in all different types of creatures and believe I have encountered more than one being of the unknown (I must sound insane...) but can people just please tell me, some facts they know....

• Like 1

There's really nothing to fear.

My experience involved a hand in my face, as if it were going to palm my skull like a basketball.

Also being told "you know i could kill you if i wanted to."

Was an amazing experience, really.

What helped was to reassure myself that it was just a sleep paralysis hallucination.

These things can't hurt you.

Haven't had another like it since.

Every time i fall into sleep paralysis now, i stay calm, wiggle my foot then roll over.

Problem solved... for me, anyway.

i personally believe they are astral entities that come up as shadows in our world.

• Like 2

This happened to me about 15 years ago, in a house I used to live.

In the night a dark sinister looking shadow would come in to bedroom, when I am just about to go to sleep

The shadow was so dark, and very tall, (7ft maybe.) I had my duvet over me, and my face/eyes, so I never got a proper look at it, but I certainly could feel it presence. Very cold, very eerie. It stood over my bed, looking down on me, for maybe it felt like, half a minute. After that it walked to the furthest corner to where I was sleeping. There it stood, and looked down on me, for what seemed like hours. Sometimes I would take a sneak peak at it, from under the covers. Its very dark all over, and very transparent, almost like a real shadow. Some nights I feel the presence, would come out of its corner, towards me and try to drab my duvet of my body, as if it wants me exposed. But I could feel its actions, and therefore tightly squeezed my duvet to me, I did feel a struggle, but it was gone straight after that. One night it did managed to toss my duvet high up in the air, exposed, I screamed what I thought was very loud. Nobody heard me, but the presence was gone.

I get so tired, and eventually I would go to sleep. I was so afraid to get up and tell anyone in the middle of the night. I was even to afraid to go to the toilet in the night, with that thing lurking around. This thing was around me for at least another 3 years, and almost every night, it did the same thing, I kept telling myself 'Its not teal', but I finally found happiness when my parent decided to move.

I do not know if its a shadow people or not, but its was creepy

• Like 3

This happened to me about 15 years ago, in a house I used to live.

In the night a dark sinister looking shadow would come in to bedroom, when I am just about to go to sleep

The shadow was so dark, and very tall, (7ft maybe.) I had my duvet over me, and my face/eyes, so I never got a proper look at it, but I certainly could feel it presence. Very cold, very eerie. It stood over my bed, looking down on me, for maybe it felt like, half a minute. After that it walked to the furthest corner to where I was sleeping. There it stood, and looked down on me, for what seemed like hours. Sometimes I would take a sneak peak at it, from under the covers. Its very dark all over, and very transparent, almost like a real shadow. Some nights I feel the presence, would come out of its corner, towards me and try to drab my duvet of my body, as if it wants me exposed. But I could feel its actions, and therefore tightly squeezed my duvet to me, I did feel a struggle, but it was gone straight after that. One night it did managed to toss my duvet high up in the air, exposed, I screamed what I thought was very loud. Nobody heard me, but the presence was gone.

I get so tired, and eventually I would go to sleep. I was so afraid to get up and tell anyone in the middle of the night. I was even to afraid to go to the toilet in the night, with that thing lurking around. This thing was around me for at least another 3 years, and almost every night, it did the same thing, I kept telling myself 'Its not teal', but I finally found happiness when my parent decided to move.

I do not know if its a shadow people or not, but its was creepy

Cool story.

Now, were you awake or drifting off when this shadow emerged?

Would you personally chalk it up to sleep paralysis or something more?

.This happened to me when I was younger, not much happened at first. Just saw a dark figure walking around when I was downstairs in the basement, didn't think much of this at first since I was very young & didn't realize this was abnormal. Couple nights after my first encounter with this shadow figure, I was lying on my bed awake, I could move so it wasn't sleep paralysis. I was just to afraid to move or to make a sound-wasn't really sure why I was afraid, I just was. I had my eyes squeezed shut & my head under my blanket so I didn't see anything. Late in the night, I heard footsteps coming from the far side of the room coming twords my bed. I was so afraid, I held my breath. I felt something lift my left hand and put it in its mouth up to the knuckles. The thing that touched me was not human, I did not need to see it to know that. It didn't feel like skin, It felt like it was made of very heavy air(like if I moved I could pass through it), and its mouth very moist and warm but no teeth. I told my mother the morning after, she totally flipped when I showed her how it lifted my hand-she was very interested in this though I cant figure why. She asked if I had any other encounters with this figure, then she sat down and told me her encounters with dark figures-she had her eyes open during her encounters so she had more details than me but I cant remember them all. When she was a younger girl, she was lying awake on her bed unable to fall asleep because she felt too scared to. a dark hooded figure was at the base of her bed........(I forgot some of the details).......the hooded figure took her left hand in the same manner as the shadow figure took mine & brought it to its lips. I have not seen the shadow figure ever since we moved houses.

Edited by username13

I've been seeing dark figures in my bedroom a few times recently.

The other night I woke in bed in the middle of the night lying on my left. I then turned over onto my right and, as I did so, I saw a black figure suddenly move quite quickly across the room, from left to right. It either had a pointy head or some sort of hood and it wasn't completely shadowy as it looked like it had arms that were folded across its chest. It just flitted towards my wardrobe and I didn't see it then.

And there have been a few times before then when I've woken in the night and suddenly seen a dark figure standing in my room that just suddenly moves away and disappears as soon as I see it. it's as though they're watching me in my sleep and don't want me to know they're there.

It could all easily be explained by hallucinations caused by a half-asleep brain, but it's weird.

I'm also don't find the experiences scary, for some reason. I just close my eyes and go back to sleep.

Edited by Black Monk

• 2 weeks later...

It is said that shadow people are the eyes and ears of demons when they are not present. I don't think that shadow people are necessarily harmful themselves but they lead to harm indirectly.

Shadow people are usually a two dimensional creature from that shadow realm. These creatures tend to watch, some have been known to harm certain people while some have simply watched. They come in many variations. They are often confused with shadow demons. Theses demons take on the form of shadows but soon make their true form known.

Shadow people are usually a two dimensional creature from that shadow realm. These creatures tend to watch, some have been known to harm certain people while some have simply watched. They come in many variations. They are often confused with shadow demons. Theses demons take on the form of shadows but soon make their true form known.

Um, please explain how a two-dimensional creature could exist, specifically in our 3 dimensional world (or is it 4, 5? ugh).

And as for the rest of it, can you provide evidence to back up those claims? Please? I'd like to know what drove you to those conclusions.

Shadow people are usually a two dimensional creature from that shadow realm.

Shadow Realm? Where's that? Is that somewhere in the triangle of Narnia, Neverland and New Jersey?

• Like 1

I can't speak as a professional shadow being enthusiast but would like to ask what do they do in their off time? You know, like when they're not being seen in the corners of people's vision.

I can't speak as a professional shadow being enthusiast but would like to ask what do they do in their off time? You know, like when they're not being seen in the corners of people's vision.

Steak N Shake. Or professional shadows for vampires, because, you know, some types of vampires don't cast shadows.

• Like 1

Um, please explain how a two-dimensional creature could exist, specifically in our 3 dimensional world (or is it 4, 5? ugh).

And as for the rest of it, can you provide evidence to back up those claims? Please? I'd like to know what drove you to those conclusions.

Shadow Realm? Where's that? Is that somewhere in the triangle of Narnia, Neverland and New Jersey?

*rolls eyes at the last comment* according to the theory that there is an infinite number of alternative universes, the shadow realm would be a form of an alternative universe. And not all of our world is 3 dimensional. Else we would not have light which I believe is 4-D (or maybe it's 5D) or lines and drawings which is 1 and two dimensional.

In conclusion our world is a multi-dimensional world, so it makes it highly possible that a two dimensional creature such as shadow people, demons, and ghosts to exist. As for proof? I would love to try to take a camera while astral projecting but I have yet to figure out how to do that. ;)

Edited by Lesionia
  • Like 1

*rolls eyes at the last comment* according to the theory that there is an infinite number of alternative universes, the shadow realm would be a form of an alternative universe. And not all of our world is 3 dimensional. Else we would not have light which I believe is 4-D (or maybe it's 5D) or lines and drawings which is 1 and two dimensional.

Okay, that's nice to claim, but where is the evidence? How did you, personally, come to these conclusions?

In conclusion our world is a multi-dimensional world, so it makes it highly possible that a two dimensional creature such as shadow people, demons, and ghosts to exist. As for proof? I would love to try to take a camera while astral projecting but I have yet to figure out how to do that. ;)

Where's the proof that you can astrally project? And how do you come to the conclusions that just because our word is multi-dimensional, it's highly possible to have lesser dimensional creatures exist? Can you show us the science involved in proving that, please?

• Like 2

Okay, that's nice to claim, but where is the evidence? How did you, personally, come to these conclusions?

Where's the proof that you can astrally project? And how do you come to the conclusions that just because our word is multi-dimensional, it's highly possible to have lesser dimensional creatures exist? Can you show us the science involved in proving that, please?

I can astral project to your house if you like. *grins* though I doubt you could see me, but I guess I could describe your house/ apartment. But that would not prove anything would it?

Same as showing you scientific proof on something science has failed to explain. As for videos and such, it is highly difficult. But I can try to see what I can catch.

Btw, how do you advise getting proof of something when electricity doesn't work. Considering that that are built ofelectromagnetism not electrical like we are.

Edited by Lesionia

I can astral project to your house if you like. *grins* though I doubt you could see me, but I guess I could describe your house/ apartment.

Do it. Right now. Describe exactly what is happening here and now. Or, if you prefer, at a more convenient time. I dare you.

But that would not prove anything would it?

It would prove that you can astrally project to my house, as you claimed you could. So, let's get it done.

Same as showing you scientific proof on something science has failed to explain.

What has science failed to explain that pertains to astral travel, shadow people and this shadow realm or whatever?

As for videos and such, it is highly difficult. But I can try to see what I can catch.

That would be most welcome.

Btw, how do you advise getting proof of something when electricity doesn't work. Considering that that are built ofelectromagnetism not electrical like we are.

Can you prove that claim as well? How do you know they are built that way. I'm not touching the differences you're trying to bring up between electromagnetism and electrical woo, I just want to know why you're convinced of such.

And, I had glossed over this:

As for proof? I would love to try to take a camera while astral projecting but I have yet to figure out how to do that.

So these beings can only be photographed in their astral forms? Doesn't that contradiction fly in the face of people who claim to have photos of these things?

• Like 1

*facepalm* no it doesn't since a camera is a physical item plus electronic it would be useless if it was taken to a place that has no electricity at all no any physics.

There have been tests with electromagnetism and ghosts. What leads me to believe these beings are of electromagnetism is the fact that they are picked up on a emf detector, but not a simple electronic measurement device. Emfs do not act the same as electricity which helps support my claim.

Science has not proven astral projection is real or exists. It has not proven that anything but the physical realm is real. It can not truly explain dreams. Must I go on?

And you have dark blue walls in your hallway? Which is attached to a living room..Brown carpeting green walls in a bed room or bathroom. It is really dimly lite in there. A lot of tension from family members. Is there a basement? Or upstairs? Or is it an apartment.... oh maybe it's an apartment. You are in jeans grey or blue t-shirt. And have black hair.

I can astral project to your house if you like. *grins* though I doubt you could see me, but I guess I could describe your house/ apartment. But that would not prove anything would it?

It would if you got it right - and if you can do it, why on earth *wouldn't* you get it precisely right?

Same as showing you scientific proof on something science has failed to explain.

Like what f'rinstance? If there is no evidence that is verifiable, any claim you make might as well be completely false, wouldn't you agree?

I don't follow. If all you claim is some wispy entity that is undetectable and unable to impinge in any way on the real world, than as above, it may as well NOT exist anyway.

*facepalm*

Backatcha...

There have been tests with electromagnetism and ghosts.

CITE the best example, then. Why so shy? Handwaving all you got?

What leads me to believe these beings are of electromagnetism is the fact that they are picked up on a emf detector, but not a simple electronic measurement device.

What leads me to believe that is completely wrong is that every example I've ever seen was poorly documented and no attempt was made to use 'controls', or even to properly identify and test the other (many) potential causes for emf readings..

And other than the emf, what did the entity actually do? It needs to have done something to deserve being labelled an entity..

Again, stop handwaving and cite your claims!

Emfs do not act the same as electricity which helps support my claim.

AGAIN, cite this claim. Of course an EMF will not 'act the same' as say an AC voltage - they are two different, but related things.

Science has not proven astral projection is real or exists. It has not proven that anything but the physical realm is real.

True.

It can not truly explain dreams.

False. While the brain is enormously complex and we do not yet have the ability to 'scan' and understand everything that goes on at every moment in every brain, the basic concepts are very well understood, as are the mechanisms and manifestations of dreams.

Must I go on?

Well, if you keep making claims without cites...... if you must go on, provide citations.

And you have dark blue walls in your hallway? Which is attached to a living room..Brown carpeting green walls in a bed room or bathroom. It is really dimly lite in there. A lot of tension from family members. Is there a basement? Or upstairs? Or is it an apartment.... oh maybe it's an apartment. You are in jeans grey or blue t-shirt. And have black hair.

I'd be happy to be a judge here, but as I might be seen to have a bias, I'd suggest we call in a moderator to examine the claim versus images sent to them by Thorvir... Problem is, that should really have been done in advance..

I'd be happy to suggest a similar, but properly done, test.

To Lew1122..

How can you identify/locate somebody from a name on a website?

That is a tremendously good question. Do tell, Lesionia...

• Like 5

...yes I can and the reason I can't get it entirely right is for the fact I've been having some problems with headaches, panic attacks, and or whatever they are.

Watch Ghost Adventures, TAPS and some other shows to see what I mean. As for citing things just go to my paranormal site that's located on my profile. It may not be much or really active but I have been busy.

As for locating someone with just a name on the internet;

A name is important. They identify us and they most likely mean something to us personally. While it is a lot more difficult to do it this way I can still locate the energy that choses that name. So enhance I read the energy. Yes it wasn't astral projection, though I can do it. Lately I have not for fear of things following me.

Yeah and roll your eyes. Which I know some of you guys will.

As for backing up my claims especially about shadow people, all I have to give is my own experiences. I could use my blog here and tell them if you like. :)

Hi Lesionia,

I am curious. How can you identify/locate somebody from a name on a website?

Please astral project me! I'll be awake for another 20mins lol

It would if you got it right - and if you can do it, why on earth *wouldn't* you get it precisely right?

Like what f'rinstance? If there is no evidence that is verifiable, any claim you make might as well be completely false, wouldn't you agree?

I don't follow. If all you claim is some wispy entity that is undetectable and unable to impinge in any way on the real world, than as above, it may as well NOT exist anyway.

Backatcha...

CITE the best example, then. Why so shy? Handwaving all you got?

What leads me to believe that is completely wrong is that every example I've ever seen was poorly documented and no attempt was made to use 'controls', or even to properly identify and test the other (many) potential causes for emf readings..

And other than the emf, what did the entity actually do? It needs to have done something to deserve being labelled an entity..

Again, stop handwaving and cite your claims!

AGAIN, cite this claim. Of course an EMF will not 'act the same' as say an AC voltage - they are two different, but related things.

True.

False. While the brain is enormously complex and we do not yet have the ability to 'scan' and understand everything that goes on at every moment in every brain, the basic concepts are very well understood, as are the mechanisms and manifestations of dreams.

Well, if you keep making claims without cites...... if you must go on, provide citations.

I'd be happy to be a judge here, but as I might be seen to have a bias, I'd suggest we call in a moderator to examine the claim versus images sent to them by Thorvir... Problem is, that should really have been done in advance..

I'd be happy to suggest a similar, but properly done, test.

To Lew1122..

That is a tremendously good question. Do tell, Lesionia...

Lew I may try tonight if you don't mind. I need to get over this fear so yeah. You may not see me, but I will try to make my presence known somehow....

Ok thanks - I use the name lew1122 for everything so that might help..

I look forward too it, although I may be asleep.

I'd be impressed if you guessed my current location within 5 miles :)