Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fait Accompli? Will Egypt Be Islamist?

and-then

http://www.jpost.com/MiddleEast/Article.aspx?id=297352

So a tiny minority voted for this constitution and it has been signed into law. Is it really going to be that easy for Morsi's crowd?

That's the way they work. (Coming to where you live soon!)

• Like 2

That's the way they work. (Coming to where you live soon!)

Maybe, Eald...but I doubt it would be THAT easy here - nothing is :w00t: we shoot at each other for fun sometimes - you can imagine what we'd do to outsiders.
  • Like 2

I'm a peaceful person, but if Islamic radicals ever start a foothold in the US, all bets are off.

• Like 2

They can kiss their tourist industry good bye. It was gone already because of this but it won't be coming back and that was about the only thing they had going for them. I still don't think its over though.

• Like 1

I'm a peaceful person, but if Islamic radicals ever start a foothold in the US, all bets are off.

The UK imports its own, welcomes them with open arms, showers them with benefits, alters the law of the land to accommodate their Stone Age belief system, then recoils in mystified horror when they make death threats against us! Remember, there are no moderate Mohammadans - every one of them, man, woman and child is a potential shaheed!

• Like 1

The UK imports its own, welcomes them with open arms, showers them with benefits, alters the law of the land to accommodate their Stone Age belief system, then recoils in mystified horror when they make death threats against us! Remember, there are no moderate Mohammadans - every one of them, man, woman and child is a potential shaheed!

Hahaha. The same is told about you by radical muslims. We should put you all ignorant radicals of all dominations into one pot and watch how you creeps kick each other buts.

Maybe, Eald...but I doubt it would be THAT easy here - nothing is :w00t: we shoot at each other for fun sometimes - you can imagine what we'd do to outsiders.

So Newtown was fun for ya? Congratulations for your post.

So Newtown was fun for ya? Congratulations for your post.

Low blow, Odas. It's common knowledge that America has a gun culture. We do not excuse ourselves to anyone outside our borders. It's pretty appalling you'd say that to me.

Really feel sorry for the young Egyptian people all they wanted was freedom from dictatorships and religous domination that hijack their movements.:(

• Like 1

Low blow, Odas. It's common knowledge that America has a gun culture. We do not excuse ourselves to anyone outside our borders. It's pretty appalling you'd say that to me.

You wrote the post, not me.

Also noone should then excuse themselves outside your borders to you. Plain and simmple.

Oh, come on Eald!

Edited by Likely Guy

http://www.jpost.com/MiddleEast/Article.aspx?id=297352

So a tiny minority voted for this constitution and it has been signed into law. Is it really going to be that easy for Morsi's crowd?

Yes, unfortunately it will be that easy. But, I also heard that Morsi will be making some liberal/secular ammendments to the constitution.

When is a revolution over?

Yes, unfortunately it will be that easy. But, I also heard that Morsi will be making some liberal/secular ammendments to the constitution.

When is a revolution over?

I guess it's over when the fire in the hearts of the revolutionaries dims. I hope for better than this for the Egyptians. This man will bring great evil on them - no better than Mubarak and quite possibly worse.

You do realise there was a democratic process that brought Mursi into power, the same principles of voting and balloting were employed in Egypt.

Democracy is an elected rule of the majority, not the minority. The constitution went to a referendum and it received 60%+ votes in favour! That's democracy and now put in your pipe and smoke it!!!

• Like 1

You do realise there was a democratic process that brought Mursi into power, the same principles of voting and balloting were employed in Egypt.

Democracy is an elected rule of the majority, not the minority. The constitution went to a referendum and it received 60%+ votes in favour! That's democracy and now put in your pipe and smoke it!!!

The election was boycotted by well over half the population in protest of Morsi and his self appointed clique. I read that 60% + of about 18 % of the population voted for the document. That sir, is not democracy. And if the people of Egypt don't stand NOW, they'll be on their knees for many years to come I'm afraid.

The election was boycotted by well over half the population in protest of Morsi and his self appointed clique. I read that 60% + of about 18 % of the population voted for the document. That sir, is not democracy. And if the people of Egypt don't stand NOW, they'll be on their knees for many years to come I'm afraid.

There are many different reports out there I personally read between the lines ;)

Mursi was voted in by a majority, the Egyptian majority is Muslim, therefore it's logically and democratically follows that majority rules democractically. This is democracy 101, when the status quo was evicted (Mubarak), clearly a democratic process took place, observed etc. Logically majority are Muslim and voted for those who most represent their views etc. Hence Mursi comes to power, the constitution is the choice of the majority to reform their country politically and judicially. This is democracy, but I guessits only democracy if it suits us in the west ;)

There are many different reports out there I personally read between the lines ;)

Mursi was voted in by a majority, the Egyptian majority is Muslim, therefore it's logically and democratically follows that majority rules democractically. This is democracy 101, when the status quo was evicted (Mubarak), clearly a democratic process took place, observed etc. Logically majority are Muslim and voted for those who most represent their views etc. Hence Mursi comes to power, the constitution is the choice of the majority to reform their country politically and judicially. This is democracy, but I guessits only democracy if it suits us in the west ;)

I am not Egyptian and I have no "skin in the game" as it were. But I am a human being who loves being free and the reports I hear are that this election was boycotted by the majority of voters AND still had irregularities that might indicate fraud. Ultimately we'll see what the truth is by watching Tahrir square. I suspect that this February's anniversary may be busy there. Edited by and then

I am not Egyptian and I have no "skin in the game" as it were. But I am a human being who loves being free and the reports I hear are that this election was boycotted by the majority of voters AND still had irregularities that might could indicate fraud. Ultimately we'll see what the truth is by watching Tahrir square. I suspect that this February's anniversary may be busy there.

What you don't realise is not matter what really happens your media sources will only show the opposition protesting and not report that Mursi told his supporters not to come out in case there was clashes, but when his support comes out it's the overwhelming majority. The majority have a right to rule democratically regardless of how we view it!

What you don't realise is not matter what really happens your media sources will only show the opposition protesting and not report that Mursi told his supporters not to come out in case there was clashes, but when his support comes out it's the overwhelming majority. The majority have a right to rule democratically regardless of how we view it!

I totally agree that the majority should lead. If Egypt chooses to be an Islamist state and follow a Taliban style government then I feel for them. But as you said - their business, not mine. But a "minority" decided not to accept the status quo in Syria also and look where that went.

I totally agree that the majority should lead. If Egypt chooses to be an Islamist state and follow a Taliban style government then I feel for them. But as you said - their business, not mine. But a "minority" decided not to accept the status quo in Syria also and look where that went.

Personally I think there certain agencies at play in these regions trying cause civil wars etc, Syria has an uprising and I believe it's their problem to solve like the Egyptians did, we can support without going in by other means. I don't mind what happens as long as there is no massacre, but that's inevitable when you have nut job dictators in charge like saddat! There is an Islamic uprising which is not a threat to us in the west, it's a threat to the dictators and our leaders who support and fund them. So more of these despots out the better it is, there is a vacuum and these nations are Muslim nations and all they want is equality, justice etc but they want it to be Islamic, which is who they are and their identities, naturally they will vote for those who represent them best

:)

Just like Eald says in EU they are welcomed, showered with working class people's money and then they insults us in our daily life. They attempt to destroy churches (over 450 churches have been found tagged with anti-christian libels, or burned or plainly destroyed inside. Churches of France are now closed and you can only get in with someone who has the key).

• Like 1

Just like Eald says in EU they are welcomed, showered with working class people's money and then they insults us in our daily life. They attempt to destroy churches (over 450 churches have been found tagged with anti-christian libels, or burned or plainly destroyed inside. Churches of France are now closed and you can only get in with someone who has the key).

Lmao!!! Christianity is dying western Europe fella, the churches are burnt down for insurance claims cause they can't maintain them as no one attends churches anymore lol!

Instead they burn them down, claim insurance, then sell the land. Either way destroyed or not, we Muslims pay out of our own pockets purchase these dead places of worship (churches) and convert them to mosques for hundreds and thousands of western Europeans who convert to Islam, largest number happens to be western Caucasian women.

So don't worry about the churches at least they still being used all be it in a different way by Muslims but both religions worship the same god.

This nothing different then in many other western democratic countries. Although the percentage of those who voted in canadian federal elections was much higher, about 60% I believe, the current majority government received minority votes, combining all votes and those absent ones.

The question is, like it or not this was a democratic vote and Mursi one fair by all democratic rules, why did the opposition not bother to vote? In this instsnce the opposition acted undemocratic. If you dont vote you dont have a right to complain. Before we put the blame on the ever bad guy, speak muslim, in charge lets wait. I think that Mursi is not that bad. So far he did not wage war against any country and he does not have nuklear weapons like a neighbouring state. Wait and see.