Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anyone have tasty recipes to share?

Asire

Hey, I love cooking and I'm sure some of you do too! So I decided why don't we all have a huge recipe swap? All foods and beverage recipes are welcome!

Here's my recipe for...

Tasty brown-sugar vanilla oatmeal!

Ingredients: (makes one serving)

1/2 cup oatmeal

1 cup milk (or almond milk)

1/4 cup chopped nuts of choice

2 tsp chia seeds (optional)

1 tsp of vanilla extract OR 1/4 cup of vanilla cream

3-5 tbls of brown sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)

1/4 cup of dried fruit ( any berry is delicious)

Directions:

Put the milk and vanilla into a cup and microwave until it's warm to hot (your choice)

Put all dry ingredients into a bowl. And mix

Add milk (all or not, depending I'm how you like it) and stir

Enjoy!

P.s

Sorry, if it's not the greatest.

• Like 1

Sautee diced jalapeno, garlic, onions in a bit of olive oil.

Make mac and cheese.

Add a can of tuna and jalapeno mix to Mac and cheese.

Top with cilantro and green onions.

Add delicious siracha.

Eat.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

Slice onion and cucumber. Or get a bag of premixed slaw.

Mix olive oil and red wine vinegar. Add sugar to taste.

Mix with cucumber and onion or with slaw mix.

Refrigerate for an hour.

Top with celery seed and eat.

I'm so hungry now.

Scorp's Spaghetti

Cook about 6 Italian sausages, then slice. (I use 'Papa Canelli's' brand hot or sweet.)

Also, brown a half pound of low-fat burger.(drain)

Add to below.

I use one jar of Ragu and add tomato sauce.

4 cloves of garlic, (chopped) tablespoon of black pepper, pinch of red pepper.

A few pinches of oregano ....one shot of JD, or similar whiskey.

One bell pepper, 5 stalks of celery, half-pound of mushrooms, one med-sized white onion, (sliced).

Slowly simmer, stirring reg. for a few hours....I don't ever boil it.

Also, all red sauce is better after storing in fridge for a day or so after first cooking, Makes a big pot, reheat all or sm portion for leftovers.

Edited by scorpiosonic
  • Like 1

Also, brown a half pound of low-fat burger.(drain)

Since you mentioned it I'll give a helpful hint. I buy ground beef in large family packs and cook it in a roasting pan in the oven all at one time on about 350. Takes about 45 minutes for five pounds. You need to drain off the fat a couple of times and stir to break up the meat while baking. Cool and divide it into baggies, by the one pound bags, and put it in the freezer for quick dinners. If you flatten the bag out before freezing it thaws quickly or you can microwave it. 2 /12 cups cooked ground beef equals one pound.

Excuse me, it was 2 1/2 cups.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2

~2 lbs pork loin, cut into ~3/4 inch slices.

sliced zucchini

a cauliflower cut into medium chunks

sliced onions

crushed garlic

basil & oregano

tomato sauce

I have done this in the oven and in a crockpot, I think it turns out better in a crockpot.

Place the pork loin in the bottom of the pot, alternating layering the sliced zucchini, cauliflower, onions and garlic. Use whatever amount you like. I usually use a whole cauliflower, maybe two medium zucchini and a large onion. Its all subjective. Add in the basil and oregano to you liking. Cover it with the tomato sauce. Set the crockpot for low and let it cook for about 7 hours. Remove the veggie sauce and pull out the pork loin. Serve and eat.

In the oven, I have done 2-3 hours at 350°F.

Goes well with some couscous.

I converted to eating organic. People think it's expensive but I live on low wage, no car in city, public transports. Food tastes better.

One christmas chinese-related recipe here, if you're a meat and fat lover and like chinese you're gonna like this one. Not for the ones with faint immune system, nor for those who fear getting fat or their arteries clogged. I exercise enough to eat this away happily. I also take no responsibility over any damage caused by attempting this recipe, just sharing it. So:

Get a christmas ham. I used a pre-salted one but you should salt your own ham if possible, you can get a fresh unsalted one somewhere. Best use organic for this because grease will taste better, everybody should be able to taste the difference clearly. Meat itself might be bit harder to tell the difference for those with numb taste buds but still noticeable. Maybe 2-3 kg (5-6lbs) or something, with decent amount of fat, no skimmed ham. Oven it for appropriate time, roughly one hour per kg or 2lbs, plus after it's done on high/medium heat leave it there. Leave it there for five to six days, to the oven which is not on. It's salted so should be preserved.

After that, take some carrots and onions and chop them to nice finger or half-finger like pieces, whatever you prefer. And some garlic. Even if you're not a fan of organic I recommend using organic garlic, you so can tell the difference on that one and it's not that expensive unless you're a garlic maniac. These are all relatively cheap veggies. You can add some gabbage too if you like. Make sure you cut all the meat and veggies before you start frying because you're not gonna have time to cut them while frying, we use high heat.

Take some of that good saturated ham fat from the oven, it should be just right now. Organic fat will not go rancid as quickly as non-organic so if you wanna be sure, pay that little extra. Pre-heat the pan with a good, generous amount of that precious pig grease and cook the veggies and meat there. Dont fill the pan much, just so that its' surface is barely covered, one layer only, it affects the texture. The meat is pre-cooked so it needs only minimum time in the pan, just a little color maybe, same with veggies, veggies are supposed to be eat raw but fry for the sake of taste now.

It's a very simple recipe but you do it right it can taste very good, like that fine sichuan pork. Add some hot chili for that matter if you want it taste like that, habanero grade or hotter. This is pretty much how I got it taste like that.

Oh yeah and better get as fresh ham as you can find for this one. Christmas is coming... look at the expiration dates when picking one.

• Like 1