Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Ancient Alien theory

ancient astronauts gravitics cipher robert a. patterson

• Please log in to reply
1232 replies to this topic

#31    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 12,178 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

View Postzoser, on 21 March 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

Why don't you post under your real name seeder?  Why have two ID's?  Isn't that deceptive?

Oh no Im being stalked... again. Go post 'more on' the other thread. Or are you realizing people had enough of it by now?  Two ID's indeed.... scraping the barrel eh?

Edited by seeder, 21 March 2013 - 05:20 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#32    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 10,590 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

View Postseeder, on 21 March 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

Personally, Im not sure we will ever travel faster than light. Can you imagine the g-forces? Heck even on a fun-fair there are some rides that thru their speed or spinning will stick you to the chair! Ever been in the "Rotor"? The one where you spin round, the floor goes down and youre left sticking to the wall? :w00t:   Imagine being in that - accelerated by just a couple hundred mph? Then to the speed of light!

But as the theory goes...'As an object approaches the speed of light, its mass rises precipitously. If an object tries to travel 186,000 miles per second, its mass becomes infinite, and so does the energy required to move it. For this reason, no normal object can travel as fast or faster than the speed of light'.

and heres another snippet

"We experience higher or lower g forces when we are rapidly changing speeds or directions. Normal humans can withstand no more than 9 g's, and even that for only a few seconds. When undergoing an acceleration of 9 g's, your body feels nine times heavier than usual, blood rushes to the feet, and the heart can't pump hard enough to bring this heavier blood to the brain. Your vision narrows to a tunnel, then goes black. If the acceleration doesn't decrease, you will pass out and finally die. The Air Force's F-16 can produce more g's than the human body can survive. We're forced to limit the acceleration of planes and spacecraft to a level humans can survive.

This problem is completely bypassed by warping space around the ship and then stretching the space in the direction you want to travel while constricting space in the opposite direction.

No inertial forces at all.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Anybody like Coleridge?

#33    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

View Postseeder, on 21 March 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

Oh no Im being stalked... again. Go post 'more on' the other thread. Or are you realizing people had enough of it by now?  Two ID's indeed.... scraping the barrel eh?

It's easily provable.

Posted Image

#34    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

View Postseeder, on 21 March 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

Personally, Im not sure we will ever travel faster than light. Can you imagine the g-forces? Heck even on a fun-fair there are some rides that thru their speed or spinning will stick you to the chair! Ever been in the "Rotor"? The one where you spin round, the floor goes down and youre left sticking to the wall? :w00t:   Imagine being in that - accelerated by just a couple hundred mph? Then to the speed of light!

But as the theory goes...'As an object approaches the speed of light, its mass rises precipitously. If an object tries to travel 186,000 miles per second, its mass becomes infinite, and so does the energy required to move it. For this reason, no normal object can travel as fast or faster than the speed of light'.

and heres another snippet

"We experience higher or lower g forces when we are rapidly changing speeds or directions. Normal humans can withstand no more than 9 g's, and even that for only a few seconds. When undergoing an acceleration of 9 g's, your body feels nine times heavier than usual, blood rushes to the feet, and the heart can't pump hard enough to bring this heavier blood to the brain. Your vision narrows to a tunnel, then goes black. If the acceleration doesn't decrease, you will pass out and finally die. The Air Force's F-16 can produce more g's than the human body can survive. We're forced to limit the acceleration of planes and spacecraft to a level humans can survive.

If we need to accelerate for extended periods, the level we can withstand is even lower. We can withstand 5 g's for only two minutes, 3 g's for only an hour. For the sake of argument, though, let's try to tough it out at 3 g's for a little longer. For Han Solo to take off from and accelerate at 3 g's to half the speed of light would take him two and a half months—hardly the makings of an exciting movie. Even at 9 g's, it would take him nineteen days to reach half the speed of light, though he'd be dead long before the ship reached that speed.

http://www.scientifi...nce-light-speed
I agree that based on what we know now FTL travel is unlikely BUT what we knew 100 years ago to be true has changed a bit. Even if we cannot go FTL if there was some way to overcome the g-forces. Who knows? My point was mainly that I do not believe an intelligent species would completely ignore another less intelligent species. After all we study the hell of of chimps, gorillas and dolphins etc. If intelligence is rare then ANY would be worth a look and study. Not that I believe we are being studied mind you. JMO

#35    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 12,178 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

View Postzoser, on 21 March 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

It's easily provable.

Knock yourself out then mate and try prove whatever you like....is it so hard to think someone actually agrees with me on this subject? I can feel your envy seeing as no-one ever agrees with your posts... Now kindly stop posting if you're only here to take swipes, you are so irritating

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#36    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 9,669 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

I sure wouldn't mind a machine that can cut, bounce an stack me a pyramid in a month, hell if I had me one of dem machines I probably would stack one so high you can scoop ice off the top.

I say, come what may and what may come,  God be with ye 'cause the Devil is'a waiting on ya

~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

#37    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,986 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

Why didn't they bring some cool metals to build with instead of using stupid rocks?

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#38    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,937 posts

• If you cant explain it simply, you dont understand it well enough. ~ Albert Einstein

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

View Postseeder, on 21 March 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

OK we could be discussing different things here, but so as Im clear, the AA theory, as proposed in the AA series is about ancient visitation by the aliens who did little else but build or help build ancient structures, then leave without trace. Thats the purpose of this thread, to examine that scenario. I have no doubt as stated in post 1, that life is not unique to earth, and could even be common...
What I am pointing out is that your argument to invalidate AA theory seems to rest on the idea that the number of coincidences required to have had an extraterrestrial race find, land on, and be able to function on the Earth is so high that it is too ridiculous to even consider that as a viable scientific theory; but yet the number of coincidences required for that to happen have to be significantly fewer than the number of coincidences required by the "descent from a common ancestor" theory and yet that is supposedly a valid scientific theory.  So, if descent from a common ancestor through time, "beneficial" mutations and "natural selection" is a valid theory despite the coincidences required, then your argument for refuting AA theory due to the required coincidences is a weak argument.

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

#39    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

Lets push this thread up to, and pass, zosers thread page count.

Whos with me!!?? :tsu:

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#40    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 12,178 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

View PostEsoteric Toad, on 21 March 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

I agree that based on what we know now FTL travel is unlikely BUT what we knew 100 years ago to be true has changed a bit. Even if we cannot go FTL if there was some way to overcome the g-forces. Who knows? My point was mainly that I do not believe an intelligent species would completely ignore another less intelligent species. After all we study the hell of of chimps, gorillas and dolphins etc. If intelligence is rare then ANY would be worth a look and study. Not that I believe we are being studied mind you. JMO

take a read of this, it does offer a glimmer of hope

http://www.extremete...s-are-plausible

#41    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

View Postseeder, on 21 March 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

Knock yourself out then mate and try prove whatever you like....is it so hard to think someone actually agrees with me on this subject? I can feel your envy seeing as no-one ever agrees with your posts... Now kindly stop posting if you're only here to take swipes, you are so irritating

Good luck.

Posted Image

#42    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 10,590 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

View Postzoser, on 21 March 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

It's easily provable.
Provable? Yes.

Logistical? Nah.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Anybody like Coleridge?

#43    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 12,178 posts

View PostDBunker, on 21 March 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

YAY!   :clap: :tsu:

Im defo up for it!

#44    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

View PostDBunker, on 21 March 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

You might do If I contribute,

As soon as I have time I'll post some findings here so that no one misses out with there being dual threads.

Posted Image

#45    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,986 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

Oh, sweet crap...

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users