Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Rant Against The Light (benefits of DARK)

Arpee

The light blinds peoples, it just forcing itself into your sight, forcing you to conform to "its" ideas. The light will keep you aware from your fears - and this is not a good thing! Good, would be actually growing stronger and conquering the fears and this can only be done by stepping into the DARKNESS and confronting your sub-conscious mind...

Do you see devils and monsters in the dark? Don't be scare... find a calmness inside, then you will truly be FREE from your fears. This is what the darkness teaches, fearlessness, being able to be in the DARK without fears - with calmness, without the "light" of desire or "wanting to know", but feeling comfortable a calmness with your own BEING.

You will only find acceptance in the DARK, the light will force order, upon everyone, unfortunately, some are SO scared to confront their fears that they'll run to the light and wish to be in light forever, instead of letting the light go out to confront their fears.

These ideas of "Illuminati" , "Control", "Enlightenment", are ALL worshipers of light. You may say "your light is not as real as MY light - but light is light! It doesn't matter if you call it "Lucifer" or "Jesus" or any other name, it is still the SAME THING! The so-called "Evil" and "Good" are both worshiping THE SAME CONCEPT, hardly anyone is following the ways of the darkness....

The only famous person who talked about staying to the "The Divine Feminine (Darkness)" is Lao Tzu!

You can go on justifying how you "NEED" this or "WANT" that; making any excuse to worship light, because that is what the light does. It keeps you WANTING stuff, going to another goal....

The darkness accepts you NOW without any goals or anything...

I guess they BOTH have benefit, the light is teaching compassion and unity, while the darkness is teaching how not to be scared... in other words how to be stronger...

But only darkness represents CALMNESS (PEACE)...

Light is actual eMOTION

(although hate, sadness, etc. are lower forms... while love and joy are higher)

• Like 2

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him. He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light.

The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him. But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

(John 1:1-13 ESV)

• Like 1

The darkness is the lack of light. The darkness is not a being of itself.

The darkness does not accept. The darkness ignores. It does not realize you. You are nothing more then black in the never ending field of darkness. You. Any inanimate object. You are all the same in the dark.

Ever Learning, blah. I could have read that myself. Do you have any of your own words/thoughts to contribute to this conversation or does the bible do all the thinking for you?

Hasina, that's true, but that is not the point that I am making here...

Kazoo, that is where you're wrong. Most people who want to justify their preference to the light, will use that lie and teach it to others. Darkness is actually empty space - not just an absence of light.

Those who understand Light/Dark Yin/Yang - Taoists and other ancient teachings would disagree with you. They say that Darkness (Yin) is spiritual [formless/emptiness-being] and , Light (Yang) is material and Doing [spirit/body]

Edited by Arpee

Ever Learning, blah. I could have read that myself. Do you have any of your own words/thoughts to contribute to this conversation or does the bible do all the thinking for you?

Hasina, that's true, but that is not the point that I am making here...

Kazoo, that is where you're wrong. Most people who want to justify their preference to the light, will use that lie and teach it to others. Darkness is actually empty space - not just an absence of light.

Those who understand Light/Dark Yin/Yang - Taoists and other ancient teachings would disagree with you. They say that Darkness (Yin) is spiritual [formless/emptiness-being] and , Light (Yang) is material and Doing [spirit/body]

In short.......... yes. i am uncapable to think by my self and would like to be a real boy but apparently i am lacking the darkness. Luckly i have a mother who will buy me the darkness album for christmas and i will finally be able to believe in a thing called love. p.s i dont think you would of read that by yourself.

Edited by Ever Learning
  • Like 1

So your saying when its completely dark I don't exist? Darkness is not empty space. When its dark everything in the darkness does not cease to exist. Darkness is not something that moves. Its not something that takes over and expands. Light does that. Where darkness is is completely dependent on where light is not.

Edited by Kazoo
  • Like 1

But don't you see, your point doesn't matter, existence matters. Cause your point is just a part of existence.

You're right. It doesn't matter, but it's still relevant.

If I say, I'm thinking about choice A or B, the truth is that it really doesn't matter - all of this is just existence happening but it is still relevant to the conversation.

In short.......... yes. i am uncapable to think by my self and would like to be a real boy but apparently i am lacking the darkness. Luckly i have a mother who will buy me the darkness album for christmas and i will finally be able to believe in a thing called love. p.s i dont think you would of read that by yourself.

What does darkness have to do with love?

So your saying when its completely dark I don't exist? Darkness is not empty space. When its dark everything in the darkness does not cease to exist. Darkness is not something that moves. Its not something that takes over and expands. Light does that. Where darkness is is completely dependent on where light is not.

Matter gives off its own light? Just because you cannot see it with human eyes does not mean it isn't there. Complete darkness would in fact be empty space. Scientists can bring light from empty space.. So empty space (darkness) makes light.

Light is dependant on darkness, without it, it has no where to travel...

No Love in the darkness, is there enjoyment?

It's obvious now that you didn't read the original post (fully). Read it, that question is answered.

Light and dark are simply two states of being, as it were.

Neither are intrinsically good or bad.

It kind of made me think of the anime called "DA Angel" (stick with me on this...) where you had these two "angels" one with white wings and one with black. Because of the common western culture you'd think the one with black wings was bad and the other was righteous but it was the exact opposite.

The black winged and thus aptly named "Mr. Dark" was actually the one who cared about the people he was with while "Krad" the white winged was devious and had no reservations about using people to his advantage.

Anyways..light is not automatically good and darkness must therefore be bad..it just is what it is. It is what we make of it really.

Light is actual eMOTION

I never thought of any emotion as being good, bad, higher or lower..they are all aspects of the mind. It is what we do with it and how we let it develop that determines its overall impact.

We are often told that anger, for example, is a bad emotion and we should never feel it or experience it yet left ignored and unresolved it can fester into something awful. Kind of like in the movie "Princess Mononoke" where unresolved anger in the forest animal gods turned them into demons because that anger festered into hate.

So I am thinking that by vilifying emotions that make us uncomfortable we are really just creating more mental instability when we should learn to monitor them and see to it that it does not become a curse that poisons us.

Anyways Arpee...interesting topic you posted. I never felt that "light" and "darkness" were something to be either embraced of feared.this seems to be a concept powered by religion. I like your view on it...

• Like 1

It's obvious now that you didn't read the original post (fully). Read it, that question is answered.

I did read it, i just didnt take it seriously.

"The light blinds peoples, it just forcing itself into your sight, forcing you to conform to "its" ideas."

Your extremely vague about what the light is. if the light is what blinds people, forces its self into your sight and forces you to conform to its ideas, then why do you who is fond of the darkness, express your self in the same way? the dark i assume opens your eyes, waits for those who seek and isnt dogmatic in its views and will allow you to choose the light if you wish.

" The light will keep you aware from your fears - and this is not a good thing! Good, would be actually growing stronger and conquering the fears and this can only be done by stepping into the DARKNESS and confronting your sub-conscious mind."

you havent said what the light is and pressume that one from the light doesnt face his fears.

Do you see devils and monsters in the dark? Don't be scare... find a calmness inside, then you will truly be FREE from your fears. This is what the darkness teaches, fearlessness, being able to be in the DARK without fears - with calmness, without the "light" of desire or "wanting to know", but feeling comfortable a calmness with your own BEING.

What is Darkness? how does it teach? are you against organised society? do you want a world of individuals who dont conform to others believes but expect them to be civil? Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

I was going to try to convince you that you are wrong but you havent explained what darkness is and i request that you explain what the darkness is.

Ever Learning, I am not "forcing" anyone to do anything. This is my personally rant against the light , and my argument for why darkness is better. You can still choose light if you want, I am just explaining darkness because most were deceived into thinking that dark is just this evil force - mostly because of the controlled media and the illuminati elite (LIGHT worshipers) but even if you don't believe in an elite, let's get back to the point...

Darkness is The Source. It created light and scientists today, learned how to create light from the darkness (void).

The Darkness is space, what allows the light to shine. The darkness let the light exist. All light and all THINGS come from darkness.

All emotions, thoughts, spirits, bodies, etc. are all forms of light (although some more "solid" and some less "solid).

The real spiritual essence is Darkness, Space, Emptiness...

All desires, intentions, whether it is a spirit doing it or a more solid body - is all of the material essence (light).

There is a SPACE within me now, and now I see how the light deceives... Oh my god! I wasn't these "things". I wasn't these "emotions", these "thoughts", these "intentions", this "changing" bodies. All of these things come and go and change, so they are not me - I am constant - that's how I see it change.

With this awareness I have the stillness behind all motion, the silence behind all thought, and the calmness behind all emotion.

There is a SPACE within me now, and now I see how the light deceives... Oh my god! I wasn't these "things". I wasn't these "emotions", these "thoughts", these "intentions", this "changing" bodies. All of these things come and go and change, so they are not me - I am constant - that's how I see it change.

With this awareness I have the stillness behind all motion, the silence behind all thought, and the calmness behind all emotion.

Arpee, I have no argument against your OP and your post above this one. Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. wrote a book that he titled, "Mother Night." I like that title. I consider the Void to be the Fundamental Source. The Void being non-dualistic: not nothing, not something. Not being able to comprehend this Void, we may as well conceptualize it as Night. Darkness, the source of "the stillness behind all motion, the silence behind all thought, and the calmness behind all emotion", to quote you.

Very nicely said.

• Like 2

The light blinds peoples, it just forcing itself into your sight, forcing you to conform to "its" ideas. The light will keep you aware from your fears - and this is not a good thing! Good, would be actually growing stronger and conquering the fears and this can only be done by stepping into the DARKNESS and confronting your sub-conscious mind...

You will only find acceptance in the DARK, the light will force order, upon everyone, unfortunately, some are SO scared to confront their fears that they'll run to the light and wish to be in light forever, instead of letting the light go out to confront their fears.

These ideas of "Illuminati" , "Control", "Enlightenment", are ALL worshipers of light. You may say "your light is not as real as MY light - but light is light! It doesn't matter if you call it "Lucifer" or "Jesus" or any other name, it is still the SAME THING! The so-called "Evil" and "Good" are both worshiping THE SAME CONCEPT, hardly anyone is following the ways of the darkness....

The only famous person who talked about staying to the "The Divine Feminine (Darkness)" is Lao Tzu!

You can go on justifying how you "NEED" this or "WANT" that; making any excuse to worship light, because that is what the light does. It keeps you WANTING stuff, going to another goal....

I guess they BOTH have benefit, the light is teaching compassion and unity, while the darkness is teaching how not to be scared... in other words how to be stronger...

Light is actual eMOTION

Ok arpee.... I was armed to the teeth based on the title. But I was softened on the rest. Good job.

The darkness is the lack of light. The darkness is not a being of itself.

The darkness does not accept. The darkness ignores. It does not realize you. You are nothing more then black in the never ending field of darkness. You. Any inanimate object. You are all the same in the dark.

If I may . . . of course we all know that Light & Darkness are metaphorically used here?

That said . . . Darkness is NOT the absence of Light, rather Darkness is the Womb that provides Light with someplace to exist.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If I may . . . of course we all know that Light & Darkness are metaphorically used here?

That said . . . Darkness is NOT the absence of Light, rather Darkness is the Womb that provides Light with someplace to exist.

Aha!, some perception here. Now, I stated in another thread that we are all children of the light, so I will be careful not to be seen as a hypocrite. I think that darkness can be a womb for existance of light because original default position of the universe/multiverse, is of utter darkness. Something occured, call it the Great Mystery, big bang or whatever, and we have been born from that event, an event that created light. Now, there is light that = good and dark that = evil. I do not believe in any properly evil force. What I see in this form of darkness is simply the irrational fears of childhood. These are fears from our very ancient past, when we could not understand the forces around us, and still do not.... Also literally the fear of the unknown and unseen in the night and dark places. As humans we have created our own evil from irrationality, and to combat this artificial evil we must confront our own fears. When I say confront, I mean literally. We should enter the dark and bring the light of reason to the monsters that live there. There is a god of fear, though he is not a god to bring fear and confusion to you, like Pan, he is there to guide you in confronting your fears. His name? Клим Бах ;)

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri

Light is actual eMOTION

Interesting .... I do agree though It's more like of a YIn and Yang. Yin is male while Yang is Female which can also be likened to the Sun and The Moon. The Sun male the Moon Female.

The Sun is the light and represents action and order it is movement. The Moon is the Darkness and represents inaction and formlessness( no order) it is passive.

When one moves towards the light he is bringing order, strength and power into him but alas when you move too near to the sun you get burned. When one stays in the darkness the individual is calm, reserved, understanding however the individual will wither of his inactivity and eventually perish.

" Too much of something will kill you " Thus too much exposure to the light will lead to fanaticism which leads to events such as the " witch hunts", extermination of the Jews, crusades ....etc and too much of darkness will kill the beautiful flower but you are right the world is getting nearer and nearer to the sun. We must learn to take a step back or I fear we may End Up Like ICARUS.

Light is actual eMOTION

Hmmm this is really, really chlildish.....

The Moon is the Darkness and represents inaction and formlessness( no order) it is passive.
The Moon reflects the Sun's Light to Us . . . this in itself is worth contemplating.

Through the Light of Lucifer (Latin for Light Bringer) humanity first climbed down from the trees, this Light has represented the flow of spiritual evolution and the battle against spiritual stasis. But Lucifer may be more than a metaphor for rebellion, enlightenment and advancement - as the pure creative and motive light, Lucifer may actually be the key to life itself!

The DNA within the nuclei of all cells of living creatures contains biophotons or ultra-weak proton emissions - in other words, light!

A dynamic web of light constantly released and absorbed by the DNA connects cells, tissues and organs and serve as the organism's main communication network.

Lucifer is on the move inside you and me, chattering between cell and cell, rousing the cohorts of the life-force, keeping us alive and wonderful. Every man and woman is a star - and we each have our own Inner Light if we choose to see it.

• Like 1