Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony

• Please log in to reply
5542 replies to this topic

#4621    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

View PostMatt Vinyl, on 29 November 2012 - 11:16 PM, said:

Any further cases of interest? :-)

Watch this space; I'll try and do one later this evening.

Posted Image

#4622    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 30 November 2012 - 01:14 AM, said:

That is exactly 100% how I see pretty much every one of your posts. Heck, you try to tell a rocket scientist he does not know rocket science, and that you know better right here on these boards. I think that is a blatant example of exactly what you are describing here. And you are rude to people with obviously far, far more experience than yourself.

And when people put up facts, you say throw away the textbooks and use your inner instinct. Yet here you are asking for them again??? You just dismissed S2F and in the next post said you refuse to partake in dismissal. What the heck is going on with you Zoser? Nothing you say makes sense or matches up.

Do you actually want to discuss these cases, or do you just want to be impressed by them? This thread is right off the rails.

Good to see you back on the thread psyche.

Posted Image

#4623    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

View PostDBunker, on 30 November 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

Like UFOology itself.... If there ever was anything with substance in this thread, it is drowned by the gigantual amount of garbage.

Sad really.

That's no way to talk about psyche's posts!

Posted Image

#4624    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

View PostDBunker, on 30 November 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

Like UFOology itself.... If there ever was anything with substance in this thread, it is drowned by the gigantual amount of garbage.

Sad really.

You should know.  LOL

#4625    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,670 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 30 November 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

You should know.  LOL

It's amusing to see how affected some people get when they come in here. That is when they're not 'perplexed', 'befuddled', 'dumbfounded', 'confused' or 'baffled' in addition to 'sad', really.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#4626    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 30 November 2012 - 08:08 PM, said:

It's amusing to see how affected some people get when they come in here. That is when they're not 'perplexed', 'befuddled', 'dumbfounded', 'confused' or 'baffled' in addition to 'sad', really.

A lot of them really think they know something, too, but in reality they know only what they've been told to think.

The reality is quite different, but they don't really need to know that.  Just tell them that it's all balloons, optical illusions and missiles and that's good enough for government work.  None of the people who really knew anything about UFOs ever believed that for a second.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 30 November 2012 - 08:57 PM.

#4627    Matt Vinyl

Matt Vinyl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

• "And has this ever happened before, minister?" "Yes, but only ever in the past, Bryan..."

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

I think I know what I've been told, but do I really know what I think I've been told?

I recall a question that came up when I was at school, and eight years old. The teacher asked about evidence of a miracle? He went round the class and I was third from last. The question never got to the final two.

There were answers about crying statues, epic sights in the sky.

Mine was: Me. Being here. Talking to you.

That's a miracle.

(Again, really apologise for anything OT. Had a tough day and needed a vessel to release (legally, lol!)

And do you ever contradict yourself? Well, yes and no...

#4628    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

Corsica France 1971

Another brief sighting from the archives but nonetheless interesting.  

A family who had recently purchased a new home in the northern part of the French island of Corsica, were preparing their camera to take a picture of the new house when one of the party noticed a glint in the sky and looked up.

They all looked up to see a shiny, metallic object glinting brilliantly where it caught the sun's rays in the clear blue sky.

The object was disc-shaped and had a low-profile curved dome on the top, with some kind of oval-shaped or rounded-rectangular black marks or openings around its sides.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4629    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

Comparing Two Cases

Remember this case from Shanghai in 2006?

I remember watching it before joining UM and being quite impressed with it.  However I read where someone was convinced that it was a hoax.  Whether that has satisfactorily been proved I don't know.  Maybe someone would be kind enough to advise.

Now take a look at this image taken in Indiana in 2008:

Posted Image

Read more on the Indiana case:

http://www.ufocasebo...pictures11.html

The resemblance is pretty startling.

Here are zoomed in shots from the two cases:

Shanghai:

Posted Image

Indiana:

Posted Image

So what's going on?  Same CGI or same UFO?

Posted Image

#4630    Matt Vinyl

Matt Vinyl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

• "And has this ever happened before, minister?" "Yes, but only ever in the past, Bryan..."

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

Interesting pics. Will read further regarding that Indiana case, for sure...

Interesting pics. Will read further regarding that Indiana case, for sure...

And do you ever contradict yourself? Well, yes and no...

#4631    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,936 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

View PostMatt Vinyl, on 30 November 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

Heh, Psyche, those images remind me a bit of:
Posted Image
Hmm, bio-mechanical craft? There's a thought...

PS: Image is of one of a Combine gunship from the game Half Life 2.

:tu:

It's a great concept, Moya from Farscape is biological

Posted Image

And species 8472 from Star Trek Voyager come from fluidic space and have Bio sips

Posted ImagePosted Image

It is a fascinating concept of fast neuro technology that is amazingly actually quite old. It goes back as far as 1953 when Robert Sheckly proposed galatic races that had all come together to form one big ship - each race creating a portion of it. Our function was the FTL drive :D

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#4632    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,936 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

View Post747400, on 30 November 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

Surely the obvious answer to that is that Extraterretrial technology would surely be far in advance of ours, and I really don't think it would that be that much of a leap to suppose that they'd have developed AI?

To the best of my knowledge, AI is still pretty limited. Like I say, computers are not smart, they are just fast. I do not know if merely numbers can get that far, but the next phase of quantum computing I hope will make this area a bit clearer. It might be an answer, it might be a dead end. The proposed robots in Alien Planet were restricted the the thinking power of a 4 year old. And I thought it was a decent proposal.

View Post747400, on 30 November 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

Besides, these probes would not necessarily want, or need, to evade the entire planet; just pop up here & there unobtrusively. Something the size of a small microwave oven would only be noticed by anyone who happened to be immediately in the vicinity when it did pop up, and would probably be unnoticed by the Military. Machines also break down, have accidents, all sorts of things, but we do not have one, you say? Well, there've been plenty of reports of UFO crashes, haven't they.... I'm sure we could all think of at least one .. :innocent:

That is not what we are talking about though. There is not hundreds of reports of small microwave oven devices that just blink at people. And I feel that if that was the case one would have been "Caught" by now in som irrefutable fashion. What we get are reports of discs 8-60 feet across for the most part with a smattering of variety of shapes thrown in. And people are claiming to see entities.
Every single report of a UFO crash that has been investigated has turned up nothing short of rubbish. I am afraid that with my disposition I require a bit more than ghost stories to consider that option. And yet again, look at Roswell , Aurora  bodies show up in the reports. The only crash I can think of right now that would fit your bill would be the Kecksburg incident, and I am 100% convinced that had absolutely nothing to do with ET.
But as the concept of physical travel is "intellectualised" to be shown to be not viable, robotics and communications will slowly take over. What I do think you have accurately predicted is the next "evolution" of the ETH. When physical travel is finally shown to be the banana that it is, this ideal is what will shape future ETH claims.
As long as we are discussing an ideal, and not a proposal, it's certainly something to ponder. But even if you were one day vindicated, and it was exactly what ET is doing right now, just how many actual reported claims do you think this would cover considering claims of larger sizes and vehicle inhabitants?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#4633    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,936 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

View Postzoser, on 30 November 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

That's no way to talk about psyche's posts!

Oh, rather the card aren't we.

#4634    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,936 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

View PostMatt Vinyl, on 01 December 2012 - 01:05 AM, said:

I think I know what I've been told, but do I really know what I think I've been told?

I recall a question that came up when I was at school, and eight years old. The teacher asked about evidence of a miracle? He went round the class and I was third from last. The question never got to the final two.

There were answers about crying statues, epic sights in the sky.

Mine was: Me. Being here. Talking to you.

That's a miracle.

(Again, really apologise for anything OT. Had a tough day and needed a vessel to release (legally, lol!)

You know, that might well be one of the more insightful posts in this whole thread Matt.

That sobering response, mundane as it is, is equally powerful and amazing, It depends on what perspetive one affords oneself.

Man is more than just "here". I once saw us described as "The Universe has developed sentience and is wondering about itself".

We do not need aliens to give us answers, we need time and patience, and a will to resolve them honestly.

#4635    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,333 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

Indeed psyche 101 we need Lots more thinkers and dreamers on this world We just maybe the Star Travelers the ones that seed the Universe ! Time is just a point of view.!

This is a Work in Progress!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users