Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dream Catchers...

Ghostboo

What do you think? I know mine does. Actually, I have two near me, and one's near my brother (Yes, we're very spiritual people). My first one is black and the other is yellow. When I got my black one, I stopped having bad dreams. I recieved another one (Not my yellow one) from my grandmother. It was awkwardly large and instead of having feathers, it had strings hanging down from it. Anyway, after hanging it up I started to have bad dreams again, like the big one was blocking out the black one's powers. So I took the big one down. About a month later, I recieve my yellow one (Which, may I add, is very pretty. It has three actual nets and about six or seven strings hanging down, each with a red bead and yellow feather on it). That night, I had a wierd, but not scary dream. Now I don't have any bad dreams ever since the second night I put the yellow one up. Just thought I'd share that with everyone.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 50Cent

• chico del nacho

• Anirbas

• Ghostboo

I have a Dream Catcher attached to my pantry door . It kets me know when the kids are trying to pilfer treats . Yep it works smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe so Delacorr, But if Ghostboo needs some relief from his nightmare's and has found that believing in these Dreamcatchers is working for him then I think it is a good thing...Placebo or not.

Can someone please explain exactally what a dream catcher is supposed to do? A friend gave me one a long time ago. I thought it was pretty and I thought it was supposed to take away bad dreams but thats all I really know. Anyone wanna fill me in?

In short, a dreamcatcher is hung above (or near) your bed to catch the "bad" dreams and let the "good" ones through. Doing so ensures a good nights rest for the owner of the dreamcatcher.

I am unaware if the individual parts of the dreamcatcher have a specific function or even what those functions might be.

ok i thought there wasn't a big deal to it but i wasn't real sure - i don't get how it would differentiate between good dreams and bad dreams though....oh well

I have a Dream Catcher attached to my pantry door . It kets me know when the kids are trying to pilfer treats . Yep it works  

laugh.gif @ Kismit Thanks for that now I have a use for those pesky, feathery, spider webby, beady, dust catching things, as they sure don't stop my kids from having bad dreams, or excuses to get up, as we like to call them!

• 3 weeks later...

Space Moose, there are certain functions to parts of a dream catcher. The "web" is supposed to ensnare the bad dreams and melt them away with the morning light. The feathers are supposed to guide the good dreams to the sleeper. That's all I know.

dont listen to everyone dream catchers work if u dont belive me brake your dream catcher(i dare u) and u will have the most misserable nite in weeks!

dont listen to everyone dream catchers work if u dont belive me brake your dream catcher(i dare u) and u will have the most misserable nite in weeks!

You even might want to try hanging a so called "spellchecker" above your computer too... It it said to take the misspelled words out and let the other ones go through...

In your case it would say : "Listen to everyone dream catchers work if me your catcher dare and will have the most in weeks".

Which is a pretty cool sentence...

Spell checkers rock. w00t.gif

• 9 months later...

I have a dream catcher. I never really thought much of it. But now that I think about it, I've not had a true bad dream since I got it. Just weird ones. huh.gif Like this dream about a fish growing and growing as my friends and I gave it goldfish food... then it telling me "I am not a fish" and turning into some weird frog-like monster.

But that's besides the point.

Like this dream about a fish growing and growing as my friends and I gave it goldfish food... then it telling me "I am not a fish" and turning into some weird frog-like monster.

lol great dream.

i have a dream catcher too. haven't had a realy bad dream in years. i've thought about taking it down for a while to see if i get any bad dreams, ya know, to see if it actually does prevent bad dreams.

We have 3 around the house none in rooms we sleep in we sleep in we got them really for decoration. thumbsup.gif But I never really have bad dreams I have some that are inda scary, but not bad. And I don't reallt beleive they work. I think it's a self conscience thing. ZAnd usually when you go to bed whatever you are thinking about you usually dream about. So if you think it works when you go to bed then you will have a good dream. thumbsup.gif Or not bad one.

ZAnd usually when you go to bed whatever you are thinking about you usually dream about.

maybe for you, yeah. i'm pretty sure that most of what i dream about has nothing to do with what i think of before i go to sleep. mainly because my dreams are so completely bizarre and when i go to sleep, the only way for me to sleep is to think of absolutely nothing.

Uh well it kind of reminds me of the situation I had with my teddy bear - I was afraid of the dark and I had my teddy bear to protect me he did so because i believed he would do so - same thing with a dream catcher you believe - it will happen!

Dreamcatchers are one of the most enchanting traditions of the Native Americans. The traditional dreamcatcher was intended to protect the sleeper from bad dreams, while letting good dreams go through. The good dreams would slip through the hole in the center of the dreamcatcher, and glide gently down the feathers to the sleeper below. The bad dreams would get caught up in the webbing, and perish when the first rays of the sun struck them.

I make dream catchers and sell them, even little keyring one's, and I can tell you, if the big Black one gave you nightmares, it would be because the person who made it, wasn't is the best of moods at the time. There energy has effected the dreamcatcher, rendering useless.

I know one thing about dream catchers they look really nice. thumbsup.gif We have one that cost about $150 my grandfather ought it for my mom in Utah, and it is big! Also really nice, but I doubt they really work. If you think they work then I guess they will. original.gif

I know one thing about dream catchers they look really nice. thumbsup.gif We have one that cost about $150 my grandfather ought it for my mom in Utah, and it is big! Also really nice, but I doubt they really work. If you think they work then I guess they will. original.gif

a mental placebo then? makes sense.

Question: Do you have to hang them up above your bed, or will anywhere in the room do? 'Cause I have a dream catcher that hangs under my bed, but I still suffer from bad dreams sad.gif I do believe in them, but for some reason it doesn't work.... suggestions?

'Cause I have a dream catcher that hangs under my bed

under the bed...

yeah, that's not going to work. it has to be up somewhere in the room.